i was looking for solutions and i came across your thread so i wonder if you could give me some advises.
I received a red light - fail to stop ticket from an officer in March. The officer told me i could go to court to fight it so i went to apply for a trial the very next day because i panicked.
I have received my notice of trial today and court date is sept 18th.
This is my very first time in trial since i started driving from 10 years ago with a very clean record.
here are my questions:
- I heard from coworkers that i can try to found out if the officer is present on the trial date, if not then i can just plead not guilty and that will be the end of the case, is that true?
- if so, what do i say? just plead not guilty during the trial? do i have to provide any reasoning to fight it off?
- Where or how do i even find out if the officer is present in that case?
- If i plead guilty in the trial, do the penalties stay the same?
- one more thing, on my trial of notice, it says the copy of the notice was sent by mail to defendant and given to prosecutor, however on the "given to Provincial Offenses Officer" they left it blank, does that mean the officer will not be present?
some of these questions might sound really dumb i apologize in advanced, but this is really my first traffic ticket for the past 10 years i am really clueless on what to do.
Thank you very much in advanced!