1. Plead not guilty on the ticket and get a court date.
2. You can try early resolution but for a speeding ticket that has already been reduced, the prosecutor won't drop the ticket (which is your goal).
3. Request disclosure. Find out what evidence the officer has against you. See how sound his evidence is and whether there's opportunity for you to come up with a defense.
4. On the day of court, arrive early and see if the officer attends.
5. If he attends, you pretty much don't have anything in terms of a defense so you should plea guilty. The consequence of pleading not guilty would be for the prosecutor to bring back the original charge (which is possible).