Automotive

Ask me anything about fighting your traffic ticket (Speeding, Parking, etc.)

Sep 14, 2010
829 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
u need to request the typed notes again.
I dont see it..
Dec 30, 2016
36 posts
Yes I already did so. Thanx to G0DKING and your recommendations.
I just hope any one can already try to get any info from that scans and make any suggestions.
Cause I have my court in a few days - and in any way I need something to build my defense here.
Specially I'm worried about -
1_ Supervention for G1 unaccompanied - need to avoid it
and
2_ Speeding 60 where 40... (some kind of radar MPH BEE III Radar (March 2014) - tips?)
Apr 10, 2009
957 posts
253 upvotes
Hamilton
DealCanuck wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 10:29 pm
That's a gamble though, that depends whether insurance checks or not.

Regardless, if you get convicted you get nicked or you get lucky that insurance doesn't check.

I'm beating a dead horse, points don't affect insurance check the stickied thread in all caps that says so.
Yes, I understand its the conviction itself not the points that affects insurance.
Unfortunately I don't have much of a defence so im not sure I want to take it to trial.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3518 posts
825 upvotes
Canuckland
CaptainCrash wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:48 pm
Yes, I understand its the conviction itself not the points that affects insurance.
Unfortunately I don't have much of a defence so im not sure I want to take it to trial.
You don't have to if you don't want to but you can talk with the prosecutor and ask them whether they are willing to lower your fine or not. Cops have no say in it.
If they don't, your chances of fighting and winning far outweighs no deal as you have to pay up regardless.
Mar 19, 2017
5 posts
I tried to post earlier but it didn't work :s

I was pulled over last week in an 80 zone and the cop told me he was giving me a ticket for 15 over and there would be no demerit points. When he gave me the ticket, it only showed a fine of 37.50 (52.50 total) which I was okay with. When I got home I looked at the ticket and realized the offence says "Speeding 95km/hr in a posted 60km/hr zone". It also describes the location "Royal Windsor Dr - West of Ford Dr.".

Clearly this was an error on his part because the fine is correct for speeding 15 over.The problem with the location description is that he caught me in an 80 zone, which shortly after changes to a 60, both of which are west of Ford Dr. What is the process for determining if a ticket has a fatal error? What should I do next?
Apr 10, 2009
957 posts
253 upvotes
Hamilton
raisfia wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:03 pm
I tried to post earlier but it didn't work :s

I was pulled over last week in an 80 zone and the cop told me he was giving me a ticket for 15 over and there would be no demerit points. When he gave me the ticket, it only showed a fine of 37.50 (52.50 total) which I was okay with. When I got home I looked at the ticket and realized the offence says "Speeding 95km/hr in a posted 60km/hr zone". It also describes the location "Royal Windsor Dr - West of Ford Dr.".

Clearly this was an error on his part because the fine is correct for speeding 15 over.The problem with the location description is that he caught me in an 80 zone, which shortly after changes to a 60, both of which are west of Ford Dr. What is the process for determining if a ticket has a fatal error? What should I do next?
This happened to me once. The officer made a mistake like this. I completely ignored it and it was quashed by the system.
I called and they told me to ignore it if I was that confident it was wrong. And it was.
I don't recommend this unless you are 100% sure, is the "R" box for reduced checked off?
Mar 19, 2017
5 posts
CaptainCrash wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:00 pm
This happened to me once. The officer made a mistake like this. I completely ignored it and it was quashed by the system.
I called and they told me to ignore it if I was that confident it was wrong. And it was.
I don't recommend this unless you are 100% sure, is the "R" box for reduced checked off?
I don't see an "R" box anywhere, but in the same row as my plate number there is a box that says "Code" and in it there is an R. Don't know what this means, does it make a difference?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3566 posts
1469 upvotes
Edmonton
NarodNick wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:55 am
Yes I already did so. Thanx to G0DKING and your recommendations.
I just hope any one can already try to get any info from that scans and make any suggestions.
Cause I have my court in a few days - and in any way I need something to build my defense here.
Specially I'm worried about -
1_ Supervention for G1 unaccompanied - need to avoid it
and
2_ Speeding 60 where 40... (some kind of radar MPH BEE III Radar (March 2014) - tips?)
Post back after your hearing, please. I really don't see much hope for you, personally. But I wish you well!

C
Dec 30, 2016
36 posts
CNeufeld wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:10 pm
Post back after your hearing, please. I really don't see much hope for you, personally. But I wish you well!

C
i would - but I need REAL RECOMMENDATION to built any defense to have what to say you after.
Aug 6, 2011
8 posts
DRAYTON VALLEY
Going to my first Appearance tomorrow for allegedly going 130km/h in a 110km/h zone. I have a GPS report from my employer indicating that from the time I left the office to the time I got pulled over I did not go over 113km/h. While the officer was in his vehicle writing up my ticket, I contacted my manager and received the report. When the officer came back to the vehicle I informed him that I reviewed the report and that I wasn't going 130 and I was on cruise control on around 110km/h..."My equipment isn't wrong" he said and "you were going down a hill. I emailed the Crown Prosecutor with a request to have the charges dismissed and he informed me that the report is "hearsay" and that he may reduce my charge. I plan on pleading not guilty and requesting full disclosure prior to my trial date. There is no way I was going 130 as my manager would have been alerted at 118km/h.

Any advice would be great and looking forward to the experience of going to court.
Feb 25, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Would anyone with some experience be interested in reading my disclosure for my ticket "proceed contrary sign intersec 144(9)?" I need to know if I have any sort of option for defence.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1950 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
after much research and consideration; i decided to fight the handheld device ticket , risking 1000 dollars if i were to lose.

i plan on getting my disclosure and everything as the court date approaches, but could anyone advise on their own handheld device ticket before i advance forward? - i like hearing previous win stories.
Apr 10, 2009
957 posts
253 upvotes
Hamilton
raisfia wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:28 pm
I don't see an "R" box anywhere, but in the same row as my plate number there is a box that says "Code" and in it there is an R. Don't know what this means, does it make a difference?
It means the officer reduced it. So I'm not too sure your next step. You could call and ask or speak to a paralegal.
Dec 30, 2016
36 posts
Just from the court
and I have a question -
THE POLICEMAN WHICH COME IS NOT ONE WHO STOPPED ME!
Who create the ticket... whom I spoke with.
But he insist it was him! And that the policeman presented on court.

I didn't expect that! And didn't know what to say...
I was offered to accept Speeding only ...

CNeufeld wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:10 pm

C

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

LovinIt, egxchan