Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1222 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
Magambo wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 6:54 am
Is there any way to use efficient air filter by doing something to the furnace to have a better airflow.
Need a tech to check static air pressures/CFM/TD values then they can figure out what needs to be done to correct ie. dirty heat exchanger, plugged AC coil, make bigger return air, ramp up motor speed etc.

Lots of things can factor into getting the right answer.
Jul 19, 2007
32 posts
5 upvotes
montreal
Hi, I have a Luxaire gas furnace and I has 4 blinking red lights at times. I believe it does not have enough influx of air to kick in the igniter to work...when I leave the doors open, it works fine.

I would like to find a permanent solution, since I have a newborn and do not want to have the safety hazard for him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2354 posts
365 upvotes
I have an electronic air cleaner but I'd rather use regular filters

Is there a filter I can use instead of the EAC cells or would I have to get the EAC removed and a filter housing installed?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1222 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
tej5abi wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:06 pm
Hi, I have a Luxaire gas furnace and I has 4 blinking red lights at times. I believe it does not have enough influx of air to kick in the igniter to work...when I leave the doors open, it works fine.

I would like to find a permanent solution, since I have a newborn and do not want to have the safety hazard for him.

Thanks.
What does 4 flash code mean on the legend of the furnace ?
Also is this a 1 or 2 pipe furnace?
BigJonsson wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:10 pm
I have an electronic air cleaner but I'd rather use regular filters

Is there a filter I can use instead of the EAC cells or would I have to get the EAC removed and a filter housing installed?
Yes you can, power the EAC down, you will pull out the cores and pre-filters then slide in a filter in its spot, normally a 16x15x4 or 20x25x4 are common sizes but you can measure it to confirm when everything is pulled out of it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2354 posts
365 upvotes
lilmikey wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:32 pm
What does 4 flash code mean on the legend of the furnace ?
Also is this a 1 or 2 pipe furnace?

Yes you can, power the EAC down, you will pull out the cores and pre-filters then slide in a filter in its spot, normally a 16x15x4 or 20x25x4 are common sizes but you can measure it to confirm when everything is pulled out of it.
Cool, thanks

Should I measure the size of the cells or the size of the inside of the housing?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1222 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
BigJonsson wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:27 pm
Cool, thanks

Should I measure the size of the cells or the size of the inside of the housing?
Inside depth, height and width with everything removed of course
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
8894 posts
1322 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
On the front panel door (likely on the other side, you will need to remove it) it will say what 4 blinking lights mean. You need to figure out what the error means then we can work on a solution.
tej5abi wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2354 posts
365 upvotes
lilmikey wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:07 pm
Inside depth, height and width with everything removed of course
ok

I got 23.5 x 15.5 x 7

What if I wanted to just get rid of the EAC and have a regular filter housing put in? Any idea what that might cost?
So I think I measured wrong cause that doesn't seem right
Jul 19, 2007
32 posts
5 upvotes
montreal
Hi, I did not find anything behind the door...but I looked it up online:

4 RED FLASHES: This indicates that a primary or auxiliary limit switch has opened its normally closed contacts. With this fault code the control will operate the supply air blower and inducer. This condition may be caused by: dirty filter, improperly sized duct system, incorrect blower speed setting, incorrect firing rate or faulty blower motor. 

I have 2 pipes going outdoors: 1 near above ignitor area and 1 into motor/fan area...hope that helps.

Seems to work fine with doors opens.
Thanks
May 28, 2004
140 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks will get someone to look into if this problem resurfaces after I get the Kirkland brand filters
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1222 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
BigJonsson wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:35 pm

ok

I got 23.5 x 15.5 x 7

What if I wanted to just get rid of the EAC and have a regular filter housing put in? Any idea what that might cost?
So I think I measured wrong cause that doesn't seem right
Let that EAC be the housing and leave it, by what your saying you will need a 16x24x5 or 16x24x4 but a more common size is 16x25x4 so i'd go with that and see the fit (can always jam it in if its a little tight , no harm), whatever you can find to purchase , then just slide it in the track.
tej5abi wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:48 pm

4 RED FLASHES: This indicates that a primary or auxiliary limit switch has opened its normally closed contacts. With this fault code the control will operate the supply air blower and inducer. This condition may be caused by: dirty filter, improperly sized duct system, incorrect blower speed setting, incorrect firing rate or faulty blower motor. 

I have 2 pipes going outdoors: 1 near above ignitor area and 1 into motor/fan area...hope that helps.

Thanks
Go outside and confirm both pipes are clear, check filter is clean, then clear the drain leaving your combustion section.
Let me know
Oct 9, 2011
631 posts
240 upvotes
GTA
tej5abi wrote:

Thanks
When was the last time you changed your filter? Perhaps it's dirty?
1 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3225 posts
1387 upvotes
tej5abi wrote:

Thanks
Could also be a plugged secondary heat exchanger, plugged air conditioner coil, undersized ductwork or blower running on wrong speed. As well as someone may have covered up the return air grilles.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2354 posts
365 upvotes
lilmikey wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 7:28 am
Let that EAC be the housing and leave it, by what your saying you will need a 16x24x5 or 16x24x4 but a more common size is 16x25x4 so i'd go with that and see the fit (can always jam it in if its a little tight , no harm), whatever you can find to purchase , then just slide it in the track.

Go outside and confirm both pipes are clear, check filter is clean, then clear the drain leaving your combustion section.
Let me know
Thanks, so the fit doesn't have to be perfect?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3225 posts
1387 upvotes
BigJonsson wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 11:13 am
Thanks, so the fit doesn't have to be perfect?
If it's not a perfect fit air will just go around the filter defeating the purpose. Most will cut a piece if plywood to fit the hole and for the filter to rest up against if the filter is smaller.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

kev994