• Jan 19th, 2016 8:50 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
im confused... VW dealership @ 15,000 km is $100 for the oil change only... am I missing something?

how as the total $226?

It seems they charged you 1 hour of labour to do the oil change + the lubing.

Interesting, that's a prettty shady tactic. The lubbing takes 5 minutes to do, tops.. and 99% of places have a flat rate fee for oil change/filter.
Apr 29, 2015
218 posts
241 upvotes
Kanata, ON
There is also an 'inspection' and a tire rotation (which in Canada is pointless if you run winter tires in the winter.. the summer tires were rotated when they were re-installed 5 weeks ago..).

My bad on the rotation.. I should have asked that to be excluded I guess.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Some advice on DSG adaptation would be appreciated. I own a 2010 CC which I bought a year and a half ago at 80k and ran it up to 150k during that time, mostly highway. When I bought it, DSG was smooth like driving a cvt, smooth take offs, couldn't even feel upshifts or downshift. Lately I was starting to feel more pronounced shifting and rougher take off and decided to do adaptation/calibration using vcds. Tried it a few times and the car shifts smoother then ever, take off in d or r however when to *****. Rough take offs, and huge lag in reverse is what I'm experiencing. I also notice slight fluctuation in the rpm needle under load in high gear, I do not however feel any jerking or anything. I redid the adaptation a few times using the instructions and drive pattern from ross tech afterwards and same thing. DSG was almost perfect before adaptation and I wish I never started #$%^ing with it. Any suggestions on what I can do?
Sep 25, 2013
182 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone installed remote starter on 2015 VW Jetta...How much it cost?
Oct 4, 2008
51 posts
5 upvotes
I am considering a older AUDI A4, 2010 model. Just wondering what kind of warranty can I get to have coverage for breakdowns for 5 years. I dont drive a whole lot, 10k a year at most. Is bumper to bumper or similar warranty available on older models?
Dec 21, 2009
565 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
VW extended warranty on a brand new 2015 vw jetta

I think the cost is around $3000

is it worth it?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
shoeab wrote: I am considering a older AUDI A4, 2010 model. Just wondering what kind of warranty can I get to have coverage for breakdowns for 5 years. I dont drive a whole lot, 10k a year at most. Is bumper to bumper or similar warranty available on older models?
Wouldn't such a warranty cost too much relative to your investment into a 5 year old car?
Ask yourself if you want to buy a used car or have the peace-of-mind of driving a new car even a smaller and cheaper model or even another brand?
Banned
Jul 23, 2011
498 posts
75 upvotes
Lindsay
prototypev wrote: Sorry to say this, but you got ripped off. They don't call them stealerships for nothing.
+1 ..they are all doing this now
Jan 18, 2016
1 posts
Thornhill, ON
Hi MotorFabrik.

I just joined new to this forum. And also new to the Audi World.
I just got an Audi A3 2007. 120000km on it.

This morning i fired up my engine and a CEL came up. Went to Canadian Tire and got a OBD 2 reader. The errors read p0229 and p0011. A few days back in the morning it showed "Oil Pressure Low". But then I turned the ignition off and then back on and it was gone for the good. My car vibrates/shudders when I press gas lightly or put the car in reverse. Since the CEL now I hear sounds like the engine is knocking.

Any advise would be helpful.

Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2014
1188 posts
528 upvotes
audisan wrote: Hi MotorFabrik.

I just joined new to this forum. And also new to the Audi World.
I just got an Audi A3 2007. 120000km on it.

This morning i fired up my engine and a CEL came up. Went to Canadian Tire and got a OBD 2 reader. The errors read p0229 and p0011. A few days back in the morning it showed "Oil Pressure Low". But then I turned the ignition off and then back on and it was gone for the good. My car vibrates/shudders when I press gas lightly or put the car in reverse. Since the CEL now I hear sounds like the engine is knocking.

Any advise would be helpful.

Stop driving the car if you have the oil pressure low notification and bring it to the dealership, otherwise you risk completely destroying the engine. I've never had this issue before the but i've heard of it on some of the online forums.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
Hi,

Has anyone an idea of the average km life of a VW diesel with normal maintenance?
I understand the average life of a U.S. car is 12 year. I also understand that most moving parts have a limited life spec i.e. about 200,000km especially on little Euro cars.
At my garage, a lady had a Mk3 Jetta with 450,000km but she had to replace too many parts for me to be impressed.
I have been lucky to have an 06 Jetta TDI with 322,000km (replaced rear shocks & brake calipers only) but with a coming timing belt replacement, dead shocks, bad diff and a super finicky DSG, I wonder if I should spend money on it or just merrily drive it. To make it merrier, I did spend on a BCAA contract.

Cheers,

P.S.: I've been asking that question since about 280,000km...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)