• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2017 8:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ask me question about Kitchen&Bath counter top

Nowadays, people always want a better looking kitchen and bath countertop. Since I work in a countertop factory, I can give you some idea about your countertop that has a better overall looking for your kitchen and bath. (Quartz & granite) As well as the estimate cost of the color. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Images
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
  • FullSizeRender 9.jpg
  • FullSizeRender 6.jpg
Last edited by EZSAVE on Nov 23rd, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
168 replies
Oct 15, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Hi, I've purchased a home from a builder, scheduled to be completed in May 2017. I'd like to upgrade the bathroom vanities (comes with laminate) to quartz with undermounted sink and not sure if I should get that done through the builder or have it done after closing.
Would you be able to provide me with an estimate for the countertop, undermounted sink, plumbing/installation costs.

Master Ensuite: double sink, approx 6.5' length
Bathroom 2: double sink, approx 6.5' length
Bathroom 3: double sink, approx 5.5' length

The master ensuite comes with a double sink, so the plumbing should already be in place for that. The other 2 bathrooms come standard with single sink. Do we need to take the double sink upgrades from the builder in order to have the plumbing put in place, or can the plumbing be done easily afterwards?

I've attached a picture of what I'm looking for
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2653 posts
366 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
what's the cheapest one ya got?
signature removed for inappropriate content
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I myself actually make quartz and granite product. Quartz usually from $35&up to $80/sqft (wholesale price)
Granite from about $35 to unlimited(wholesale price as well) And it really depends on your kitchen layout etc, you can inbox me for a quote for your kitchen!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4450 posts
2086 upvotes
Edmonton
Here's a question... Is there any difference in the Caeserstone you get from a kitchen and bath place vs. Ikea? For the same material name? Does the thickness or anything else vary, typically?

C
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CNeufeld wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 3:58 pm
Here's a question... Is there any difference in the Caeserstone you get from a kitchen and bath place vs. Ikea? For the same material name? Does the thickness or anything else vary, typically?

C
The stone itself has no big difference, but sometimes the color maybe a little bit off because they probably use different rack of slab(the color always change over time); however you cant even notice the difference. And the only difference is that they use different fabricator and the edge and cut out is a little bit different.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
redkulat wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 4:15 pm
I'm looking to get a counter-height table made with quartz on top. Any idea what the best way of getting this built?

Ideal dimensions: 36'' H x 48'' L x 48'' W
This is actually a small table. Go a kitchen and bath place, ask them if they have something like that in their show room. Or go IKEA see if they have the size(pre-made)
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
darkknight6 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 3:15 pm
Hi, I've purchased a home from a builder, scheduled to be completed in May 2017. I'd like to upgrade the bathroom vanities (comes with laminate) to quartz with undermounted sink and not sure if I should get that done through the builder or have it done after closing.
Would you be able to provide me with an estimate for the countertop, undermounted sink, plumbing/installation costs.

Master Ensuite: double sink, approx 6.5' length
Bathroom 2: double sink, approx 6.5' length
Bathroom 3: double sink, approx 5.5' length

The master ensuite comes with a double sink, so the plumbing should already be in place for that. The other 2 bathrooms come standard with single sink. Do we need to take the double sink upgrades from the builder in order to have the plumbing put in place, or can the plumbing be done easily afterwards?

I've attached a picture of what I'm looking for
If you want to change from one sink to two sink, you should see if your vanity allows you to do so. I'd just you talk to your builder because you dont want to remove and re-install. Get the job done first time.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16897 posts
1822 upvotes
GTA West
When you are remodelling a kitchen and installing a quartz or granite countertop, is it possible to create a countertop that is deeper (more space front to back and cupboards will be deeper) or are the depths standardized?
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 9:18 pm
When you are remodelling a kitchen and installing a quartz or granite countertop, is it possible to create a countertop that is deeper (more space front to back and cupboards will be deeper) or are the depths standardized?
It depends on your cabinet which usually is standard 24 inch(not including the drawer) and your counter-top is 2'' extra therefore 26'' and some small small kitchen is even 23'' so your counter-top is usually 25''. And i mean usually.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
455 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CNeufeld wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 3:58 pm

C
Full stab is usually 56*120inch thickness is usually 2cm, they do have 1cm and 3cm. And some color has jumbo size slab.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2002 posts
742 upvotes
Toronto
Hello EZSAVE, posting for my cousin. They are looking to get a quartz countertop, 61 sq feet. They have been quoted $2600 with a hanging sink for the kitchen. Is that a good price? I am not sure of the thickness, but I assume the average?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16897 posts
1822 upvotes
GTA West
What is the "best" kitchen countertop material?

And by "best", I am talking about the strongest resistance to stains, damage, breakage, most beautiful, lowest maintenance, versatile in terms of installation options, compatibility with undermount sinks, etc.

Also, what kind of product do you recommend for sealing a quartz countertop? We have one that was sealed by the installer, but they recommend a new application once per year. They came back and massaged this stuff that looked like honey into the countertop. But it came out of some big bulk container in the truck and they never said what it was.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -