• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 9:43 pm
Jun 21, 2004
278 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
EZSAVE wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2017 5:20 am
You need 2 pieces on the top I think or even 4pieces. It seems you don't need a lot of mertatial, however since its curve you do need to cut from a big piece.
No way it can be done with tiles?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1923 posts
537 upvotes
Mississauga
great informative thread. looking for feedback on costs to replace countertop/sink (Currently laminate and dual top mount). measurements here: https://s28.postimg.org/ofwk82o7x/kitchen_specs.png

looking to replace with a simple grey granite - minimal seams, and 9" deep undermount. what price per sq ft should i be looking at?
[OP]
Dec 30, 1969
445 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mau_mau wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 8:32 pm
great informative thread. looking for feedback on costs to replace countertop/sink (Currently laminate and dual top mount). measurements here: https://s28.postimg.org/ofwk82o7x/kitchen_specs.png

looking to replace with a simple grey granite - minimal seams, and 9" deep undermount. what price per sq ft should i be looking at?
$35? depending your location.
Jul 18, 2012
189 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
is there such thing as a grey-veined quartz slab - which can be applied to a kitchen backsplash? If so any ideas on approx cost?
[OP]
Dec 30, 1969
445 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
robbiemurray wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 10:20 am
is there such thing as a grey-veined quartz slab - which can be applied to a kitchen backsplash? If so any ideas on approx cost?
You meant these ones?
Images
Jul 18, 2012
189 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
yeah, but are these quartz or marble?

I have heard that using marble as backsplash is harder to clean in a kitchen frequently used - is that true?
Oct 16, 2007
700 posts
11 upvotes
What Is the best counter top for a rental property? Granite needs to be treated every year. If you leave water on it, it gets stain. Any alternative that will look good and low maintenance?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5218 posts
779 upvotes
Maple
Looking to replace ensuite counter top 60x20 and kitchen counter top as well (don' know size). What do you recommend? Kitchen is being used daily, something is good with stain. How much? What other service is included? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1923 posts
537 upvotes
Mississauga
EZSAVE wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 10:05 am
$35? depending your location.
Thanks. Located in Mississauga. Do you have any company, installer recommendations?
Mar 28, 2016
28 posts
4 upvotes
EZSAVE wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 11:11 am
You meant these ones?
These pictures are perfectly what we want (same backsplash too).
Will you be able to recommend an installer, quartz brand and price?
Mar 19, 2010
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Are there significant differences between known brands such as Ceasarstone / Cambria versus less popular brands such as Hanstone / Silestone?
My immediate thought is simply selection of colours/textures...
I assume most, if not all, North American made product is good as I've heard of growing numbers of cracking issues with China-made product.

For myself, I've ordered a new kitchen and they are a dealer of Cambria. I'm wondering if it makes sense to deal with another quartz dealer directly for some savings.
I'm looking for a white or white w/ subtle grey veining. Do you have a website or a showroom?
[OP]
Dec 30, 1969
445 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
robbiemurray wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 11:55 am
yeah, but are these quartz or marble?

I have heard that using marble as backsplash is harder to clean in a kitchen frequently used - is that true?
Those are quartz. Yeah marble probably is not harder to clean but need more frequent to clean
[OP]
Dec 30, 1969
445 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boumbo wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 12:31 pm
What Is the best counter top for a rental property? Granite needs to be treated every year. If you leave water on it, it gets stain. Any alternative that will look good and low maintenance?
Cheapest quartz. Everyone is ez(owner, renters, and installer)
[OP]
Dec 30, 1969
445 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zxFLEXr wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 11:50 am
Are there significant differences between known brands such as Ceasarstone / Cambria versus less popular brands such as Hanstone / Silestone?
My immediate thought is simply selection of colours/textures...
I assume most, if not all, North American made product is good as I've heard of growing numbers of cracking issues with China-made product.

For myself, I've ordered a new kitchen and they are a dealer of Cambria. I'm wondering if it makes sense to deal with another quartz dealer directly for some savings.
I'm looking for a white or white w/ subtle grey veining. Do you have a website or a showroom?
Ceasarstone, yes, is one of the best ones in the market, more beauty colors, better quality, and you can never go wrong with them. However, price maybe doubled compare to those Chinese brand. For those cheaper brand, the price performance ratio is much better, in fact the mojarity ppl go for these. For example, a BMW car is more expensive, some ppl choose it because they just want something luxury, however the majority just go Honda for a better value. It's always deal directly with fabcators, no third party involved. Winking FaceI don't think I can post my website or showroom here but I will pm you.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel