Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1654 upvotes
82 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:02 pm
This's because your observation is wrong. Knowing the side effects and myths/misconceptions discussion of a substance doesn’t earn you the right to speak on behalf of some MDs. You could be on Liptor for life without any understanding of its pharmacology properties, and in fact it is pretty clear that you don't know much about it. All you need to do as customer or patient is to read the label and watch for side effects. My apology if you feel offended but don’t believe everything Dr. Google said. You are welcome to do your own research and ask questions but please stop spreading false information.
Are you being paid by the pharma industry to propagate this nonsense?
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
Popular medicine that is extremely dangerous for the human's body?
Dec 29, 2012
576 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
When I was on Crestor, I could hardly walk from Union Station to my office a few blocks away. Energy totally drained and my legs gave way, so I'd have to rest after 5 minutes. Changed to simvastatin and no side effects at all.
Dec 29, 2012
576 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
Bugzy10 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 2:58 am
Popular medicine that is extremely dangerous for the human's body?
Prolia injection for osteoporosis - if you go off it, you get numerous vertebrae fractures!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7019 posts
814 upvotes
Alberta
Catnippy wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:44 pm
When I was on Crestor, I could hardly walk from Union Station to my office a few blocks away. Energy totally drained and my legs gave way, so I'd have to rest after 5 minutes. Changed to simvastatin and no side effects at all.
What is your dosage for Zocor (Simvastatin) vs Crestor (Rosuvastatin)? Zocor would be my 3rd statin. Zetia (Ezetimibe) or a PCSK9 inhibitor would likely be my other cholesterol lowering choices. Fibrates may also be considered too.

Dave
Dec 29, 2012
576 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
Zocor and Crestor were both 10mg. I've been dieting and started skipping Zocor a few days a week, and doc says I'm okay (doesn't know I skipped).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7019 posts
814 upvotes
Alberta
Catnippy wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:23 pm
Zocor and Crestor were both 10mg. I've been dieting and started skipping Zocor a few days a week, and doc says I'm okay (doesn't know I skipped).
Using Google, 10 mg Crestor is "equivalent" to 40-80 mg Zocor. Good to hear that you don't have any side effects with Zocor. That gives me a little hope for statins. My 1st two statins were problematic as previously noted.

Dave