Investing

Locked: Ask A Stock Broker Anything

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2013 3:42 pm
Apr 27, 2013
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hey, my stock NBG in the US market is issueing new shares to its share holder. The price is very attractive. But how do I buy the new shares? Through my bank?CIBC?
Apr 27, 2013
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
6.95/per trade. Could anyone answer my question? how to buy the issuance?
Feb 25, 2012
627 posts
180 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
michaelmai0209 wrote: Hey, my stock NBG in the US market is issueing new shares to its share holder. The price is very attractive. But how do I buy the new shares? Through my bank?CIBC?
I got to be honest, I haven't heard of the National Bank of Greece issuance and no news of it came through my firm.

In any event, I highly doubt CIBC will have access to it as most US new issues don't have Canadian brokerages as part of their syndicate. You can try calling their 800 number and ask to speak to their new issue desk.

In this thread, I've spoken about new issues in the past. To make a long story short, discount brokerages get slim picking compared to full service brokers. Lets say that CIBC was in fact part of the NBG syndicate, the Wood Gundy arm would get first dibs on the stock and whatever crumbs are left (if any) goes to the discount brokerage arm.
Feb 25, 2012
627 posts
180 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
This is my last post to the thread. Life has got in the way and I do not have the ability to the contribute to this thread any further. I will requesting the mods to lock this thread down. All the best.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
Closed at the OP's request. If another stock broker comes along they can open their own 'Ask me anything' thread if they choose.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)