• Feb 19th, 2013 2:23 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
10529 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto
sharkhark wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 8:19 pm
i find it interesting in the age of needing to pay rent, car loan, put groceries on the table....that a virgin employee who is not being paid for this.....actually finds anytime to go on here more than once a week to answer questions. But I apolozie if you didnt bother to go back to page one and read how and why they are doing this....i am sure a few clicks of the mouse is exhausting for you as you await updates every 30 seconds from the OP......sheesh....possibly the most indulgent....greedy....poster i have ever read on redflegs....man we are such an entitled generation.....give it to me free....give it to me ...NOW!
Exactly. Virgin should assign a social media person to answer these questions. Sheesh it only takes a few seconds as you know.
Nov 20, 2012
6 posts
ABBOTSFORD
Canuckers, I hope that you haven't been turned off by a few 'know-it-all' ungrateful posters on this site who are still learning proper social skills. I appreciate the time(YOUR time and effort) you've spent answering questions and helping us with problems. This little thread of yours has convinced me to switch to Virgin. All the best to you and thanks so much...
Oct 19, 2007
750 posts
74 upvotes
Thanks OP! Checked the Choice plans again today and found they now include unlimited texting in the $20. As I was on the $20 Choice plan with 10% BYOP discount ($18) but had the Unlimited texting addon for $5, I was paying $23 total. So I called and asked to be switched to the new promotion and will only pay $20 for the same service. You can tell I'm the low-usage type and cheap :)

I'd like to ask you if Virgin enforces any restriction wrt tethering on any of their plans (Choice in particular), or they just let us use data as we please (as long as we don't go over the limit)

Thanks again for answering questions!
Sep 12, 2007
187 posts
30 upvotes
Hello Canuckers, quick question...

I currently have one of the low end plans with Virgin with a $5.00 BYOP monthly discount, If I switch to one of the $30.00 promo plans will I be able to keep the $5.00 discount?

Thanks in advance for the advise, which I'm sure you are probably providing on your own time.
Jan 2, 2009
145 posts
4 upvotes
Pembroke
well i took the plunge and i am not happy... .. i got the s2,,,the lady at the sources try to aply the 57 $ with a 150 supertab ... she was on the phone for 38 minute ,and finaly succeed .... then when it was time for rebate she onyl give me 75 $ store rebate ( first it was suppose to be 50 plus 75 for my phone ) so i bough the extended warenty with the rebate ,, but that is not the problem ... when the contract finaly print out ,,,and she ask me to sign witch i did ,,,, i notice that it was 399 super tab and not 150 as promise ,,, she said she had to call back to get it change but i did not want to wait another 38 minute so i left .... and I will be going back tomorow ot friday .... can it be change ?? or m i stock with a 399 tab ??? i guess worse case i can just cancell everything ??? but what is happend with my koodo account as i porte the phone ##...
thanks
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
I really apologize about my absence, I'll answer all questions tonight. My store is very short staffed, so I've been working loads, plus managing personal life.
Dec 13, 2006
620 posts
31 upvotes
I am on the $50 plan that comes with 500MB of data. Still have over $400 to pay off on Supertab. I understand the $57 plan is a choice plan and I cannot switch to it unless I pay off the supertab. However, on this page it says Combo 57. I have the Galaxy SII and this Combo 57 plan is limited to the Motorola Razr V and Samsung Galaxy S II. Does that mean I can switch my current plan to this Combo 57 without having to pay off my supertab?
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offer ... tcid=HM:73
http://i47.tinypic.com/5nvknl.jpg
Jan 2, 2009
145 posts
4 upvotes
Pembroke
barbotte wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:30 pm
well i took the plunge and i am not happy... .. i got the s2,,,the lady at the sources try to aply the 57 $ with a 150 supertab ... she was on the phone for 38 minute ,and finaly succeed .... then when it was time for rebate she onyl give me 75 $ store rebate ( first it was suppose to be 50 plus 75 for my phone ) so i bough the extended warenty with the rebate ,, but that is not the problem ... when the contract finaly print out ,,,and she ask me to sign witch i did ,,,, i notice that it was 399 super tab and not 150 as promise ,,, she said she had to call back to get it change but i did not want to wait another 38 minute so i left .... and I will be going back tomorow ot friday .... can it be change ?? or m i stock with a 399 tab ??? i guess worse case i can just cancell everything ??? but what is happend with my koodo account as i porte the phone ##...
thanks
well i just get back from the source and she is saying the sale for the 0 $ and 150 tab is over ..now its only on the razor ....but she was able to give it to me for $0 and $199 with a store credit of $75 so i guess its not bad ending
Aug 8, 2009
45 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Just a quick question: can the current $30 Choice plan with 200 MB of data be used with a BlackBerry (i.e., BIS)? The other $30 plan with pay-per-use data and 5 PM eve/wknd says in the details that PPU data cannot be used with BB devices, but there's no such comment for the 200 MB plan.
Nov 30, 2010
210 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
dlseeker wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2012 4:08 pm
Hello Canuckers, quick question...

I currently have one of the low end plans with Virgin with a $5.00 BYOP monthly discount, If I switch to one of the $30.00 promo plans will I be able to keep the $5.00 discount?

Thanks in advance for the advise, which I'm sure you are probably providing on your own time.
I was wondering the exact same thing
Dec 6, 2004
440 posts
32 upvotes
Halifax
hi canuckers
i have an unlocked bell s3,i want to go on the $57 promo.
if i byop does the 10% discount come off the $57 plan or does it go on my tab(should not have a tab if i byop)
i always buy my phone outright and would never use a positive tab,i would rather have 10% off my bill every month.
thanks
Sep 19, 2009
634 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Hi canuckers,

I had a positive balance before the last bill. I've got a new bill a couple of days ago and online I can see the balance reduced with the amount of the bill.

Do I need to do anything for Virgin to consider this bill paid? I'm asking because when I go online I still can see "Pay my bill" button active.

Thanks.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Canuckers, I am currently on $25 talk/text plan with unlimited text + CD/VM. Is it possible to add a 50MB/100MB data for free?
I'm only on my 7th month of a 3 year plan, so I know virgin mobile won't give me **** if I asked for it.
Just a little clarification, I'm not asking if virgin will give it to me if I ask right now, but if virgin mobile employees are allowed to give such deals for say, retentions, just like I'm sure virgin employees aren't allowed to give customers a Galaxy S3 on a $30 2 year plan, retentions or not
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Oct 19, 2004
405 posts
17 upvotes
barbotte wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:30 pm
thanks
Virgin Mobile is messing up with this $56 plan.

They advertise this $56 plan as Combo Plan to force people having the huge SuperTab
For a limited time, hook up with the new $56/mo. or $40/mo. Combo plans and get the HTC One S or the Samsung Galaxy SII for only $0.

For a limited time, put up to 500 on your Virgin Mobile SuperTab™ with these plans.
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offer ... tcid=HM:73

On the other page, they put this $56 plan as a choice plan to prevent you getting 10% off for bring your own phone over.

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/choice-plans.html
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/why-choos ... cid=FOT:38

If this is really a choice plan then the maximum of the Tab is $200 and get the S2 for $0.
If this is really a combo plan then you will be able to get 10% off for bring your own phone over.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
6405 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
I have an LTE phone (Virgin) and LTE iPad (Bell). Same location, iPad reads "LTE" for the signal, whereas the phone says "4G". A friend on a different network with same phone, displays LTE, so there must be some kind of difference. Thought if my Bell device picks up LTE, the same would occur with Virgin device.
× < >