• Feb 19th, 2013 2:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1932 posts
134 upvotes
Mississauga
onlineharvest wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 4:27 pm
I have an LTE phone (Virgin) and LTE iPad (Bell). Same location, iPad reads "LTE" for the signal, whereas the phone says "4G". A friend on a different network with same phone, displays LTE, so there must be some kind of difference. Thought if my Bell device picks up LTE, the same would occur with Virgin device.
um...they use same towers, is there speed difference at the same location?
Oct 19, 2010
23 posts
2 upvotes
S150PM wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 4:06 pm
Virgin Mobile is messing up with this $56 plan.

They advertise this $56 plan as Combo Plan to force people having the huge SuperTab

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offer ... tcid=HM:73

On the other page, they put this $56 plan as a choice plan to prevent you getting 10% off for bring your own phone over.

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/choice-plans.html
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/why-choos ... cid=FOT:38

If this is really a choice plan then the maximum of the Tab is $200 and get the S2 for $0.
If this is really a combo plan then you will be able to get 10% off for bring your own phone over.
Good call! I wrote them and their customer support is just confused too. Their marketing can not even sort their own products (plan). I asked if this is real $56 combo plan with 2GB; it should qualify for 10% BYOD discount as they told me only combo plans qualify for 10% BYOD discount.
Feb 23, 2002
27 posts
If I have the $65/mo plan can I switch over to this $56/mo plan?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
6910 posts
684 upvotes
Ontario
killer007 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 4:52 pm
um...they use same towers, is there speed difference at the same location?
Yep, I know they use the same towers, that's why I was wondering. In fact, it bounces back to displaying 4G and LTE. I haven't measured a difference in speed yet, but one would wonder why it would display differently. I know their coverage map shows 3 levels of "4G" (with the difference in theoretical speeds, 21,42, and 75 Mbps) - so perhaps it is bouncing between those different 'levels'...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
6910 posts
684 upvotes
Ontario
BigBadPandaBear wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 6:27 pm
Good call! I wrote them and their customer support is just confused too. Their marketing can not even sort their own products (plan). I asked if this is real $56 combo plan with 2GB; it should qualify for 10% BYOD discount as they told me only combo plans qualify for 10% BYOD discount.
So what have you guys received? After explaining this did you manage to get the 10% discount? I just started with the $56 plan and they were pretty resolute that no 10% discount or accumulation towards hardware exists with this promo plan.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
i got the HTC One S deal from Loblaws, and converted the account to prepaid right away.
should it pay it off with credit card right away by calling or wait for the bill???
does it make any difference?
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Jul 10, 2004
188 posts
6 upvotes
Hey Canuckers,

I have 2 questions if you would be so kind as to answer both that would be much appreciated.

Q1:

So I hooked up 2 phones on the $57 plan Dec 3.

2 separate phone numbers on one bill.

Price has gone down to $56 and I was going to switch plan online to save a couple bucks a month but I get a warning that my phones have data or minutes sharing and I will lose this if I change it online.

I was not notified of any data or minutes "sharing". Is this only because both phones are on one bill? If I call CSR will they just be able to change the plan and keep everything else the same?

Q2:
I have an S3 on the way to me, will I have to pay for a micro sim for it (currently have S2 with regular sim) or will I be able to get a msim for free? Will there be a charge to activate new phone on my current number?

TIA
Richard.
Sold Items
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ SOLD to jiffylube
Crucial Ballistix PC3200 1GB SOLD to wburke
16GB Touchpad, Touchstone charger & case SOLD to I RFD

*****HeatWare*****
Nov 12, 2012
17 posts
3 upvotes
When people sign up then switch to prepaid immediate, doesn't the dealer lose money since they don't receive commission or have it chargeback from Virgin Mobile but already hand out a gift card (plus whatever additional discount for the phone)?
May 18, 2007
497 posts
40 upvotes
I would like to know if Virgin Mobile's pay as you go plan AND FlexTab plan ($5 for 10m, $15 for 250m, $35 up to 5G) can combine together for Samsung Note 2?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1654 posts
305 upvotes
HALIFAX
WorldIRC wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 12:03 am
Only dealers in Tbay can activate it.
If I can't go in person but want to send a relative who lives in Thunder Bay, what documentation/warrant of procuration would they need to sign up in my name?

Or is there a dealer that would do it through fax with BYOD? They'd only have to send me the SIM-card.
Jan 23, 2012
5 posts
BARRIE
Any news on JellyBean for the S2? Haven't seen anything specifically from Virgin about this.

I know it's predominantly dependent on Samsung but I just made the switch from a Koodo Nexus S and would very much like to get back to 4.1 without having to root my phone.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
zijin_cheng wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 3:11 pm
Hey Canuckers, I am currently on $25 talk/text plan with unlimited text + CD/VM. Is it possible to add a 50MB/100MB data for free?
I'm only on my 7th month of a 3 year plan, so I know virgin mobile won't give me **** if I asked for it.
Just a little clarification, I'm not asking if virgin will give it to me if I ask right now, but if virgin mobile employees are allowed to give such deals for say, retentions, just like I'm sure virgin employees aren't allowed to give customers a Galaxy S3 on a $30 2 year plan, retentions or not
Does anyone know the answer to this?
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
thread fail
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
× < >