Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1930 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga
"UNLIMITED
Canada-Wide Talk
with No Zone Restrictions"

is that mean i can talk anywhere within virgin coverage zone?
how about if i am from toronto and i got to vancouver and montreal and talk within the virgin zone, its also has no LD charge and 0 extra charge?
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
killer007 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 7:18 pm
"UNLIMITED
Canada-Wide Talk
with No Zone Restrictions"

is that mean i can talk anywhere within virgin coverage zone?
how about if i am from toronto and i got to vancouver and montreal and talk within the virgin zone, its also has no LD charge and 0 extra charge?
You can be anywhere in Canada calling anyone in Canada at no extra cost. Doesn't matter where your number is based out of, where you are, or who you are calling.
Jul 8, 2008
167 posts
20 upvotes
Canuckers wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 3:10 am
Let's get the ball rolling..

We did get rid of 10% rate plan savings/$5 and $10 rate plan saving on BYOP, instead we have 10% BYOP supertab on choice plans. 10% of your rate plan builds a positive credit which can be used to upgrade in the future. Not as great as the others, but it's still there.
Too bad they got rid of those. I moved my wife's line from Chatr to Virgin under the BYOD $5 savings with the assistance from an ex-Virgin employee here from RFD and it was a good deal. My concern now is that if there is a better plan in the future (but not now; the current plan works well for her) I would probably lose that $5 BYOD savings.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3601 posts
438 upvotes
Regina
mtrump wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 7:41 pm
Too bad they got rid of those. I moved my wife's line from Chatr to Virgin under the BYOD $5 savings with the assistance an ex-Virgin employee here from RFD and it was a good deal. My concern now is that if there is a better plan in the future (but not now; the current plan works well for her) I would probably lose that $5 BYOD savings.
curious about this too as i made a minor change to the plan and they took it off, way better than what they have now for byod
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
Yes, I hear you. Hopefully in the future. The $5/off was a big difference for us selling too.
Dec 10, 2006
567 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
As you know, lots of people are buying a Galaxy S2 from Walmart/BB/FS with a $150 tab by signing up with the cheapest voice plan $20. They then immediately call in and switch to Prepaid, and pay off the $150 tax. Essentially, Virgin just gave away a S2 for $150+tax. Why is there no penalty fee? Why is this allowed?
Oct 29, 2012
23 posts
6 upvotes
Will virgin get the htc one x+? So far for android I'm only aware of one LTE option, the galaxy s3. I'd like to take advantage f the $57 plan, but want to get something newer than the s3
Oct 31, 2005
172 posts
12 upvotes
Canuckers wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 3:10 am
Let's get the ball rolling..

Promos some people don't realize are around..

Again HTC One S for 75 w/ 150 tab (Ultimately only 225 for a great phone)
Where can I get HTC One S for 75 with 150 tab? The virgin mobile site lists the price @ 399.99 or 99.99 with 300 tab. I was looking for a HTC One S or Galaxy Nexus deal.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
rageguy wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 4:49 am
As you know, lots of people are buying a Galaxy S2 from Walmart/BB/FS with a $150 tab by signing up with the cheapest voice plan $20. They then immediately call in and switch to Prepaid, and pay off the $150 tax. Essentially, Virgin just gave away a S2 for $150+tax. Why is there no penalty fee? Why is this allowed?
You are fufilling your terms of your contract, paying the in store cost, w/ 150 tab, then paying one months bills and the tab off, and switching to prepaid. You are more than welcome to do the same, but there is a ding to your credit doing so. I'm not saying it's right, but nothing saying you can't keep a tab for only a month.

You are mistaken about not being a penalty fee. It's the 150 tab remaining on the phone, and 30 days notice. That is the penalty.

You can do the same thing at Koodo for the S2X. I've seen people get for 0 w/ 150 tab, unlock and bring to us.
spaniard88 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 5:40 am
Will virgin get the htc one x+? So far for android I'm only aware of one LTE option, the galaxy s3. I'd like to take advantage f the $57 plan, but want to get something newer than the s3
No news on that phone yet, I'll pass it on when I do, but newer doesn't always mean better. With the exception of Jelly Bean out of the box, I like S3 still, same battery size but removable, micro SD slot, 1.9 MP cam vs 1.6. Still looks like a gorgeous phone.

I'll keep you posted.
leolee_ca wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 6:35 pm
Where can I get HTC One S for 75 with 150 tab? The virgin mobile site lists the price @ 399.99 or 99.99 with 300 tab. I was looking for a HTC One S or Galaxy Nexus deal.
Virgin Corporate Stores or the Source. Come to one of these and ask, and they'll tell you. It's one of our hottest selling phones because of this.
Mar 1, 2006
112 posts
9 upvotes
hi! I am very confused at the new offer that is $57 a month with unlimited
canada wide talking, 1 gb data and voicemail ten and call display.
I am in the middle of a 3 yr term with virgin with a plan called my buddies $55 and i pay ten bucks extra for voicemail and call display.

So the new plan costs $57 and is unlimited canada wide calling. My current plan is $65 and only has 200 min plus my 10.

I during my first year of having a virgin phone saw many offers come and go that were interesting and when i called to consider changing to them i was told
that they were plans that either A. did not cost $50 or more a month....which apparently is a requirement of the subsidized phone/plan i got.
or B. there was not a equal minimum 1gb amount of data in plan, which again, was apparently a requirement.

Well this new plan...A. is over $50...and B. includes 1 gb of data. So no brainer...i can change right? uh..no..customer service says it cannot be done. I however read online that several people were able to swtich with no cost. So i am told i can switch plan during 3 yrs if it is over 50 bucks and has
a gb or more data...i find such a plan...then confusion and run around?

Please clarify for me....I would appreciate it!

ps i did email someone who represents the company on facebook...however...no reply...either way of any kind...so not great there
You have had a Shark Sighting!
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
sharkhark wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:05 pm
hi! I am very confused at the new offer that is $57 a month with unlimited
canada wide talking, 1 gb data and voicemail ten and call display.
I am in the middle of a 3 yr term with virgin with a plan called my buddies $55 and i pay ten bucks extra for voicemail and call display.

So the new plan costs $57 and is unlimited canada wide calling. My current plan is $65 and only has 200 min plus my 10.

I during my first year of having a virgin phone saw many offers come and go that were interesting and when i called to consider changing to them i was told
that they were plans that either A. did not cost $50 or more a month....which apparently is a requirement of the subsidized phone/plan i got.
or B. there was not a equal minimum 1gb amount of data in plan, which again, was apparently a requirement.

Well this new plan...A. is over $50...and B. includes 1 gb of data. So no brainer...i can change right? uh..no..customer service says it cannot be done. I however read online that several people were able to swtich with no cost. So i am told i can switch plan during 3 yrs if it is over 50 bucks and has
a gb or more data...i find such a plan...then confusion and run around?

Please clarify for me....I would appreciate it!

ps i did email someone who represents the company on facebook...however...no reply...either way of any kind...so not great there
There is no minimum data requirement to get full subsidy on a phone. We have a plan with 100 mb data that gets full in-store price reduction. This promo plan is classified as a choice, so the reps on the phone are 100% correct in the fact that you cannot change to this plan without getting a data termination fee (usually 200, prorated to termination, so 100.) I know it's silly based on what this plan has, but look at other providers, Koodo can only get a 150 tab with this phone, and Fido has a poor selection of phones available on 2 year with this plan. The only semi decent one is the year-old Nexus.

If you replied to hello@virginmobile.ca , they will get back, but if you replied on a weekend, give it four to five business days.

I know it's silly, I would love to sell this plan on acts and get full credit, and even they only get 200 off, and when I change an existing customers' plan, they wither get the prorated data termination, or half their tab charged on their next bill.

Let me know if you have any luck with hello@virginmobile.ca . Sorry it isn't the answer you are looking for.. On Smartphones the 57 you are talking is 82, we are already selling it crazy, I could only imagine the 57. Maybe soon.
Sep 19, 2009
637 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
What are the terms for switching form a post-paid plan (choice plan $25) to a prepaid plan? I'm mouth-to-mouth, $0 on tab and I have a $27 billing credit (I've paid too much last time). TIA
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6581 posts
623 upvotes
Alberta
Been a Virgin customer for about 1.5 years. What's the cheapest plan for low usage...personal cellphone is a basic $60 LG flip type? Originally, I was on $0.35/min...$15/month top up. Recently, I switched to $10/month (top up???) with $0.10/min. I have found that the additional long distance charges were on the high side IMO (about $0.35-$0.45/min between BC and Alberta).

Have an Iphone 4S for work.

Dave
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
andrew4321 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 5:05 pm
What are the terms for switching form a post-paid plan (choice plan $25) to a prepaid plan? I'm mouth-to-mouth, $0 on tab and I have a $27 billing credit (I've paid too much last time). TIA
Call in and ask to terminate your postpaid and port your number to a prepaid account. Normally you have to give 30 days notice when terminating postpaid, but because you are technically staying with Virgin, I'm not sure if they would waive this. If they do, you could get the remainder mailed to you as a cheque. If the case is they cannot terminate your postpaid immediately, see if they can future date the post to pre port for 30 days, and use up your credit remaining this month. Just FYI, not sure if it is needed, but have you checked out our postpaid $30 plan?

75 Canada Wide
Unlimited Canada-Wide after 7 + Weekends
Unlimited text/pic
Voicemail/Call ID
100 MB data.

DavidY wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 5:12 pm
Been a Virgin customer for about 1.5 years. What's the cheapest plan for low usage...personal cellphone is a basic $60 LG flip type? Originally, I was on $0.35/min...$15/month top up. Recently, I switched to $10/month (top up???) with $0.10/min. I have found that the additional long distance charges were on the high side IMO (about $0.35-$0.45/min between BC and Alberta).

Have an Iphone 4S for work.

Dave
Instead of buying the $15 cards, but the $100 cards. They last 365 days before expiring. Then go back to 35c/ min rate. It's 35c/min for local, and 35c/min plus your local calling area for long distance. By the sounds of it, you weren't using the $15 worth before, so this can be as cheap as just over $8/mn.. And as long as you top up before 365 days, the remainder money can get extended.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6581 posts
623 upvotes
Alberta
Canuckers wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 5:47 pm
Instead of buying the $15 cards, but the $100 cards. They last 365 days before expiring. Then go back to 35c/ min rate. It's 35c/min for local, and 35c/min plus your local calling area for long distance. By the sounds of it, you weren't using the $15 worth before, so this can be as cheap as just over $8/mn.. And as long as you top up before 365 days, the remainder money can get extended.
I wasn't buying the $15 cards....it's an auto top up once a month that Virgin charged my CC. The balance didn't expire....they piled up (over $50) when I wasn't using the phone much....at $0.35/min, they were quickly used when I needed to use the phone more.
× < >