• Feb 19th, 2013 2:23 pm
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
DavidY wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:01 pm
I wasn't buying the $15 cards....it's an auto top up once a month that Virgin charged my CC. The balance didn't expire....they piled up (over $50) when I wasn't using the phone much....at $0.35/min, they were quickly used when I needed to use the phone more.
If it's mainly long distance, you can always make 100 of your minutes long distance for $10/mn, but then you're getting over the $15 you are already paying. Prepaid is very limited for cheap long-distance rates unfortunately.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
kanechart wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:31 pm
I checked Virgins Mobile dataplan I guess you are bell resellers? All I give 2 craps about is a proper dataplan outside of my city and in the city where Wind is not outside of it yet.
We are owned by Bell, but a separate company with roaming off Bell/Telus/Sasktel/MTS.
AstonM wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:53 pm
If I know someone who works at Virgin, are there any additional F&F discounts to the $57 plan?
I work there, what's F&F?
Mar 1, 2006
112 posts
9 upvotes
Canuckers wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:17 am
There is no minimum data requirement to get full subsidy on a phone. We have a plan with 100 mb data that gets full in-store price reduction. This promo plan is classified as a choice, so the reps on the phone are 100% correct in the fact that you cannot change to this plan without getting a data termination fee (usually 200, prorated to termination, so 100.) I know it's silly based on what this plan has, but look at other providers, Koodo can only get a 150 tab with this phone, and Fido has a poor selection of phones available on 2 year with this plan. The only semi decent one is the year-old Nexus.

If you replied to hello@virginmobile.ca , they will get back, but if you replied on a weekend, give it four to five business days.

I know it's silly, I would love to sell this plan on acts and get full credit, and even they only get 200 off, and when I change an existing customers' plan, they wither get the prorated data termination, or half their tab charged on their next bill.

Let me know if you have any luck with hello@virginmobile.ca . Sorry it isn't the answer you are looking for.. On Smartphones the 57 you are talking is 82, we are already selling it crazy, I could only imagine the 57. Maybe soon.
Thanks for your reply. I took a look to see who i emailed and yes it turns out the fb poster who offered to help fb members gave the email address you outlined. So i sent that msg either fri or yesterday and hopefully will hear back early this week.

Regarding the data cancellation required to get that plan. I looked up my account as i signed up august 12th of 2011. So i have remaining months until 2014. WOuld i be correct that changing to this plan could be done...and that if i did...
i would pay the prorated amt? which if i am 15 or so mths in....would be somewhere around $118? If so...i would be saving $8 bucks a month vs current svc...so over contract life remaining i would save money...plus i would instantly get
unlimited nationwide calling vs trying constantly to ensure most numbers fit my my 10 list. (which admittedly works most of the time...but not always)..

i very greatly appreciate your original reply, the fact you are running this thread and hope you can answer my new questions. If so i dont know when this limited time plan goes, but i dont see a downside to changing my plan unless i am
missing something? (please let me know if i am not taking something into account...and if not...how i would proceed to change this plan..thx!!!!!!!!!)
ps...when i moved from toronto out east to halifax my rogers coverage was inconsistent and many areas of outage i hate bell but joined virgin as its run separately and so far i have really been impressed with service and rare customer ops corrected quick.
You have had a Shark Sighting!
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
sharkhark wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 6:41 pm
Thanks for your reply. I took a look to see who i emailed and yes it turns out the fb poster who offered to help fb members gave the email address you outlined. So i sent that msg either fri or yesterday and hopefully will hear back early this week.

Regarding the data cancellation required to get that plan. I looked up my account as i signed up august 12th of 2011. So i have remaining months until 2014. WOuld i be correct that changing to this plan could be done...and that if i did...
i would pay the prorated amt? which if i am 15 or so mths in....would be somewhere around $118? If so...i would be saving $8 bucks a month vs current svc...so over contract life remaining i would save money...plus i would instantly get
unlimited nationwide calling vs trying constantly to ensure most numbers fit my my 10 list. (which admittedly works most of the time...but not always)..

i very greatly appreciate your original reply, the fact you are running this thread and hope you can answer my new questions. If so i dont know when this limited time plan goes, but i dont see a downside to changing my plan unless i am
missing something? (please let me know if i am not taking something into account...and if not...how i would proceed to change this plan..thx!!!!!!!!!)
ps...when i moved from toronto out east to halifax my rogers coverage was inconsistent and many areas of outage i hate bell but joined virgin as its run separately and so far i have really been impressed with service and rare customer ops corrected quick.
IF the data credit you received on your original 3 year term was 200 (usually is) , and you signed up August 12, 2011, 13 months have elapsed, and 23 remain. A data termination of 200/36*23 would apply, so about $127, give or take 5.55 (one month). It is a very good plan, and it immediately saves you $8/mn and cost you 5.55/mn. Most people don't see it that way. They hear the data termination, and they often pay $25+/mn more just to avoid it. Ridiculous!

Just try and wait until VM responds, I cannot say what they would do, maybe they can switch without termination, (I as an associate cannot) but the above would be a worst case scenario.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
19881 posts
1702 upvotes
Who came up with the name "Virgin Mobile"

Virgin ?????
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
george__ wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 9:28 pm
Who came up with the name "Virgin Mobile"

Virgin ?????
Sir Richard Branson. When he started with his first big company, Virgin Records, he named it that because he was a Virgin to business. All of his other dozens of companies that started with him have the Virgin brand name in them.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
19881 posts
1702 upvotes
Canuckers wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 9:30 pm
Sir Richard Branson. When he started with his first big company, Virgin Records, he named it that because he was a Virgin to business. All of his other dozens of companies that started with him have the Virgin brand name in them.
Neat :D
Mar 1, 2006
112 posts
9 upvotes
Canuckers wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 9:25 pm
IF the data credit you received on your original 3 year term was 200 (usually is) , and you signed up August 12, 2011, 13 months have elapsed, and 23 remain. A data termination of 200/36*23 would apply, so about $127, give or take 5.55 (one month). It is a very good plan, and it immediately saves you $8/mn and cost you 5.55/mn. Most people don't see it that way. They hear the data termination, and they often pay $25+/mn more just to avoid it. Ridiculous!

Just try and wait until VM responds, I cannot say what they would do, maybe they can switch without termination, (I as an associate cannot) but the above would be a worst case scenario.
Thank you very much!!!!!!! I will post how it works out in the end.
You have had a Shark Sighting!
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
sharkhark wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 7:35 am
Thank you very much!!!!!!! I will post how it works out in the end.
Sounds good, let me know how it goes.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3601 posts
437 upvotes
Regina
phoned virgin back and they said they fixed the $5 off for BYOD...so for $52 I have 100 canada wide minutes, cid/vm, unlimited text, evening and weekends from 7pm and 6gb..definitely a decent plan, if i could get that same plan with evenings and weekends from 5pm and a subsidized iphoned 5 i would be a happy camper, lol
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
90 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
hordosr wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 12:17 pm
phoned virgin back and they said they fixed the $5 off for BYOD...so for $52 I have 100 canada wide minutes, cid/vm, unlimited text, evening and weekends from 7pm and 6gb..definitely a decent plan, if i could get that same plan with evenings and weekends from 5pm and a subsidized iphoned 5 i would be a happy camper, lol
If only. You can use that to get 200 off an iPhone 5 still.. And go on a tab, 10% of bills paying it off.
Oct 16, 2012
3 posts
NORTH YORK
What is the best offer you currently have on phones and plans? I would love unlimited minutes, but would settle for 300-400. And I would ideally like 3 gb data, although I am not sure I would use that much. I want to get a new phone, iPhone 5 32 G. And I am moving from Rogers so I am a new customer. You had a $57 plan which is a great deal but they said I would need to by the phone outright, which I am not keen on. I am not the kind of person who calls cellphone companies every 6 months to improve my plan so really want to start with a good one.

By the way, which is the best time of year to sign up - I am not in a hurry, so if it is cheaper in January I could wait...
× < >