Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1148 posts
127 upvotes
Thornhill
rayray13 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:01 pm
Nooo soup for you.

The situation should have never come to the point of profanities, especially when dealing with first line contact people. You should have asked to speak to the manager once it became clear that no further progress would be made.

At this point your armour is a little tarnished but, as SoGood suggested, contact the head office and report the incident. Get the other 10 people involved to do so as well and specifically ask that any video surveillance from that evening be preserved.

If you wish to pursue this further, act quickly. If you feel your resolve wavering, put it behind you now, never go there again & get one of the guys to go back and write "John finger cooked me here" in the men's bathroom.

Either way, in case Boston Pizza doesn't come through for you, in 20 years you can tell people how skinhead John of Boston Pizza refused to seat your group and when told of the two pregnant women who needed to use the bathroom, whistled and rallied 10 drunken patrons to throw you all out into what would become known as the worst ice storm in history.
Yup, thats why I said I wasn't right either, though I don't think he need to resolve to use physical forces.

From what o0VL has stated:
o0vL wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:51 pm
Lol john. That old fart. Always have a hard time with him. Im pretty sure hes either the manager or owner. I only see him out on the big nights. I.e. Ufc. He only gives seats to those who have everyone or almost everyone there.
I do believe he is a the manager / owner because I was told after that there was a big UFC game going on last night.
Jul 28, 2008
700 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I'd hardly call it assault unless he actually punched/harmed you physically. inb4 someone pulls up the legal definition, idc. You don't go around swearing at people because you're a tough guy in a group of 10, and then go and cry to the police because someone confronted you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1148 posts
127 upvotes
Thornhill
Phokus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:43 pm
I'd hardly call it assault unless he actually punched/harmed you physically. inb4 someone pulls up the legal definition, idc. You don't go around swearing at people because you're a tough guy in a group of 10, and then go and cry to the police because someone confronted you.
Well man, I don't know about you. But if trying to throw me onto the floor /= physical forces & assault, then I think you need to give me a proper definition
Jul 28, 2008
700 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
loopholez wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:46 pm
Well man, I don't know about you. But if trying to throw me onto the floor /= physical forces & assault, then I think you need to give me a proper definition
Yes, by definition it's probably assault. By definition you probably could have been charged with disorderly conduct too.

The fact of the matter is you were being a little tool and now you're crying about it because the police have come to the same conclusion. If you're big enough to swear at someone then you better do something when he puts his hands on you. I'm not saying that's the right route, but the point is you should grow some balls and be accountable for your actions.
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
You should have called the police and reported this, then gone to the head office with the police report. No matter what the circumstances there is no reason for any verbal altercation to become physical. This clown thinks he is a real life UFC fighter time to take him down a peg.

At the very least call the head office and report him.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1148 posts
127 upvotes
Thornhill
Phokus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:55 pm
Yes, by definition it's probably assault. By definition you probably could have been charged with disorderly conduct too.

The fact of the matter is you were being a little tool and now you're crying about it because the police have come to the same conclusion. If you're big enough to swear at someone then you better do something when he puts his hands on you. I'm not saying that's the right route, but the point is you should grow some balls and be accountable for your actions.
I am not upset or anything and I have already stated that my verbal context is not the most righteous thing to do.

What I am trying to emphasis is, I don't believe anyone should be treat like that and therefore avoid this place at all cost.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2011
2297 posts
182 upvotes
YF
Phokus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:43 pm
You don't go around swearing at people because you're a tough guy in a group of 10, and then go and cry to the police because someone confronted you.
Not very logical to assume and bash on OP like this when you were not present in the restaurant.

Pushing people around IS an assault.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1923 posts
76 upvotes
I would of snapped if he laid a hand on me

Edit: Not sure this classifies to be in the food section, just because it happened at a restaurant.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7740 posts
147 upvotes
worldstar video OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN..
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1923 posts
76 upvotes
OP, how many in your group were females? Im guessing 50+%, right?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
rayray13 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:01 pm
Nooo soup for you.

The situation should have never come to the point of profanities, especially when dealing with first line contact people. You should have asked to speak to the manager once it became clear that no further progress would be made.

At this point your armour is a little tarnished but, as SoGood suggested, contact the head office and report the incident. Get the other 10 people involved to do so as well and specifically ask that any video surveillance from that evening be preserved.

If you wish to pursue this further, act quickly. If you feel your resolve wavering, put it behind you now, never go there again & get one of the guys to go back and write "John finger cooked me here" in the men's bathroom.

Either way, in case Boston Pizza doesn't come through for you, in 20 years you can tell people how skinhead John of Boston Pizza refused to seat your group and when told of the two pregnant women who needed to use the bathroom, whistled and rallied 10 drunken patrons to throw you all out into what would become known as the worst ice storm in history.
That sums it up well.

You got bad treatment at a restaurant, fair enough, complain and see where you can go with it...But its hard to expect to be taken seriously for any victimization when you poured gasoline on the flame by shouting swear words inside a restaurant.
Next time, keep your cool. childish low class tantrums dont serve anything other than to make him look justified in treating you badly.
If youre going for the "nice-guy-victim -of-racism/incompetence" angle, youve got to play it the whole way through. Going wanna-be thug in the middle kills it.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1148 posts
127 upvotes
Thornhill
ur_funneh wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:18 am
OP, how many in your group were females? Im guessing 50+%, right?
about 30%
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
jaxx lite wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:26 am
so you are saying that it's not normal to use swear words in conversation

only people who grew up in a poor family (low class people) tend to use swear words?

-
in public restaurants???
Ya, pretty much .

Although I suppose you could be rich and low class and do it as well...i.e. like a rapper or drug dealer, but doesnt sound like that applies to most ppl on this site.

Not only is it childish and ghetto, its stupid. Not like youre going to suddenly get seated after shouting swear words in a lobby. So what does it prove?
Good-bye.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1148 posts
127 upvotes
Thornhill
stealth wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:19 am
That sums it up well.

You got bad treatment at a restaurant, fair enough, complain and see where you can go with it...But its hard to expect to be taken seriously for any victimization when you poured gasoline on the flame by shouting swear words inside a restaurant.
Next time, keep your cool. childish low class tantrums dont serve anything other than to make him look justified in treating you badly.
If youre going for the "nice-guy-victim -of-racism/incompetence" angle, youve got to play it the whole way through. Going wanna-be thug in the middle kills it.
I think what really pissed me off what when he provocatively said "what are you guys still doing here? I thought I told you that you guys are not getting a table"

That totally made us look dumb.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
loopholez wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:34 am
I think what really pissed me off what when he provocatively said "what are you guys still doing here? I thought I told you that you guys are not getting a table"

That totally made us look dumb.
I dont doubt that you were pissed off.
I dont doubt that you had every right to be.
But your actions empowered and legitimized him.

When is it ever a good idea to shout swear words in a restaurant?
Good-bye.
× < >