None
[OP]
Dec 27, 2006
226 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver

Asset Allocation Books, Articles, etc.

Any recommendations?

I'm looking for thoughts on suggested allocation, a little more comprehensive than equity/fixed income splits (i.e., extended to other asset classes such as gold, real estate, etc.).
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3237 posts
25 upvotes
How much detail do you want?

The Four Pillars of Investing by Bernstein and All About Asset Allocation by Ferri cover the topics in quite a bit of detail. They're both American authors, so some of the tax rules are different, but most of it still applies.

If you want to go for something very advanced then you can try The Intelligent Asset Allocator by Bernstein. But just a warning that your math skills need to be quite strong for this book.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2006
226 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
asdfvcx wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2009 1:18 pm
How much detail do you want?

The Four Pillars of Investing by Bernstein and All About Asset Allocation by Ferri cover the topics in quite a bit of detail. They're both American authors, so some of the tax rules are different, but most of it still applies.

If you want to go for something very advanced then you can try The Intelligent Asset Allocator by Bernstein. But just a warning that your math skills need to be quite strong for this book.
That's great, thanks. Maybe I will start with The Four Pillars of Investing and go from there.