Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Astrill VPN 2 years 2 devices w/ Pro Addon 54% off

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2014 3:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse

Astrill VPN 2 years 2 devices w/ Pro Addon 54% off

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
54% off
Late into Black Friday, VPN service Astrill has released a second Black Friday offer: For US $ 119.99 you get 2 years of VPN service plus the Pro Addon. No tax!

The Pro addon allows you to use the service with 2 devices simultanuously and it comes with Stealth VPN and RouterPro VPN. Details at https://www.astrill.com/sign-up.php?plan=24

The normal price, already including a discount for annual upfront payment, would be US$ 259.92, I believe.

During the checkout process, you can chose to pay in a number of other currencies. Don't! The exchange rate sucks. If the system changes to C$ or any other currency, change it to US$. Even if you have a credit card that charges 2.5% conversion fee, you are probably better off paying in US$ than in C$.

You can take advantage of this offer whether you are a new customer or you want to extend an existing account - the extension takes effect at the end of what you ave already paid for. Only the Pro addons take effect immediately for two years in case you don't have them already.

Astrill has a second offer: $ 40 off their VPN routers (hardware). I haven't checked for shipping to Canada.
7 replies
Apr 6, 2002
624 posts
153 upvotes
YVR
So technically, you could get this plan and share it with someone else?

Anyone want to split the fee? :D
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
JeiJei wrote: So technically, you could get this plan and share it with someone else?

Anyone want to split the fee? :D
Technically, yes. But I would advise against sharing with a person you do not highly trust.
Jan 21, 2012
160 posts
114 upvotes
VAUDREUIL-DORION
Why so expensive there plenty of vpn for 30 to 60$ a year that can connect multiple devices.
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
This is a much better deal IMO:

privateinternetaccess-com-vpn-2-67-month-1414197/

You can have 5 simultaneous connections from different IPs, they are BitTorrent friendly, and they have a great support forum. $2.67/month by paying $31.95 per year upfront. You get the same price when/if you renew next year (for the life of your account). See Private Internet Access' responses to TorrentFreak in their article on VPNs that take your privacy seriously.

http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-th ... on-130302/
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
It all depends on what you need. PIA only offers nine countries. From their website, I could not deduct if you can easily switch between UDP and TCP, which can make the difference between online and offline at some locations.

On both accounts, Astrill wins. Certain other points, PIA wins.
Feb 21, 2003
779 posts
211 upvotes
sokolov wrote: From their website, I could not deduct if you can easily switch between UDP and TCP, which can make the difference between online and offline at some locations.
yes you can.
Sep 27, 2011
17 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Re: Private Internet Access. I've used Astrill and am currently using Private Internet Access (jumped based on price.)
Liked both services, but one glaring fault re: PIA: if you're using it for torrents you'll find most of the public trackers appear to have blocked them.
No sure why, but currently the only tracker I've found that doesn't give you "connection timed out" is open.demonii.com

This really slows down the downloads.

Reading through their forums from last year, a bunch of user have raised this issue. On the plus side, nice little vpn client with a built in vpn kill switch (drops your internet if vpn disconnects)

Currently waiting for another astrill sale to jump back to them. The extra $5 a month for a second device is a bit much.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)