• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2010 4:36 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 27, 2008
897 posts
17 upvotes

Asus G73JH-RCNX09

BB has it for 1499.99. Does it worth it? I'm looking for a gaming laptop now not desktop.

What's the difference btw I and the -x3? Tigetdirect has -x3 for 1699.99... I asked BB people they had no clue...

I don't need bluray nor SSD in case you were wondering.

Thanks in advance!
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
BB's have usually less harddrive, and a 1600x900 screen instead of 1920x1080 (full 1080i hidef).

The BB"s also DO NOT come w/ the One Year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP is if you drop the laptop, spill stuff onto it, it's in a fire, or gets hit with a power surge. See http://adw.asus.com/content/adp/default.aspx
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
448 upvotes
Help me
Why do you want a gaming laptop?
Oct 27, 2008
897 posts
17 upvotes
Ya after further research I found out the warranty and resolution was the deal breaker.

I'm kind of leaning towards the JW instead of JH even though it seems the older model performs a bit better, hence more heat. Newer model should fix most bugs ppl were complaining I assume.

I want a laptop instead because I'm traveling around not staying just in my house most the time.

Anyone knows where to get a JW model locally in Toronto? I do not care for the BD player. So if there's an -A2 model like the G73JH-a2 it'd be great.

Thanks again Allan for the help!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
iwantonetoo wrote: Ya after further research I found out the warranty and resolution was the deal breaker.

I'm kind of leaning towards the JW instead of JH even though it seems the older model performs a bit better, hence more heat. Newer model should fix most bugs ppl were complaining I assume.

I want a laptop instead because I'm traveling around not staying just in my house most the time.

Anyone knows where to get a JW model locally in Toronto? I do not care for the BD player. So if there's an -A2 model like the G73JH-a2 it'd be great.

Thanks again Allan for the help!
Try these guys>>

http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=29454

they have a local office in Markham.

* New shipment on Thursday.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
CanadaComputers are an AUTHORIZED reseller of Asus, thus your warranty will be in tact. . Call Asus to see if PC Canada is an auth. reseller.
Oct 27, 2008
897 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks guys.

Do you know if they have a version that only has DVD rom instead?

I already have Bluray players at home and it's really not a necessity especially if the price can be 100 cheaper.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Don't believe so. All laptops come with at least a burner today.
Oct 27, 2008
897 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks. I'm pretty much set on the G73JW then.

Now gotta get rid of my MBP which is just sitting there collecting dusts.

Thanks again everyone who gave inputs!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
iwantonetoo wrote: Thanks. I'm pretty much set on the G73JW then.

Now gotta get rid of my MBP which is just sitting there collecting dusts.

Thanks again everyone who gave inputs!

no problemo! I play GTAIV on mine (less specs then the JW) on high settings and it gets around 40FPS

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)