Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

ASUS M11BB Desktop AMD A8 6500 for $390

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2014 3:31 pm
Tags:
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East

[Best Buy] ASUS M11BB Desktop AMD A8 6500 for $390

I saw this computer on sale and think it is a decent basic computer for $390.

Back in Feb it was on for $370 - discussed here

$450 at FS so get an extra $6 off for PM

Compare at

$559 at CC + $50 MIR
$572 at NCIX + $50 MIR
92 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
Was thinking of getting this for a friends mother who just wants to browse web and watch videos and other very basic stuff. Currently has a single core pentium II or III with bad vid card brand (not the intel or amd/nivida brand, ~32mb vram) I think that is dieing and very slow.

I know it's overkill for basic computer, but the lower priced computers were all junk.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Hmm, has some possibilities. Probably wouldn't be able to PM at Worstbuy due to "limited quantity" designation.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1366 posts
280 upvotes
I think I might just buy it and call up to check if it qualify tomorrow, need to get one for my dad anyways
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
andrewabc wrote: ... Currently has a single core pentium II or III ...
Ouch! The poor woman! :cry:

All joking aside, her other option may be to watch for a promo on a refurbished PC from IBM or Dellrefurbished.
Aug 24, 2005
793 posts
417 upvotes
Etobicoke
nice deal for a basic computer. and according to spec, it has VGA, DVI and HDMI output?? potentially you can hook up 3 monitors at the same time?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
Cheapowill wrote: nice deal for a basic computer. and according to spec, it has VGA, DVI and HDMI output?? potentially you can hook up 3 monitors at the same time?
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing most likely 2 monitors. With most vid cards the DVI and VGA are shared I think.

I'm not sure if APU processors support 3 yet.

I'm guessing more likely pentium3 (celeron/cheap version) she has. 512mb ram max (I upgraded it from 256 to 512). ddr sdram for sure based on what I remember when looking for ram.
I'll be selling her an old 22" TN panel montior for $20 I want to get rid of. Currently uses ooollllddd CRT monitor.
Nov 30, 2012
975 posts
1572 upvotes
MONTR
andrewabc wrote: Was thinking of getting this for a friends mother who just wants to browse web and watch videos and other very basic stuff. Currently has a single core pentium II or III with bad vid card brand (not the intel or amd/nivida brand, ~32mb vram) I think that is dieing and very slow.

I know it's overkill for basic computer, but the lower priced computers were all junk.

If I had that computer just to surf the net, I would probably go crazy. :S
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
andrewabc wrote: I'll be selling her an old 22" TN panel montior for $20 I want to get rid of. Currently uses ooollllddd CRT monitor.
For 20 bucks, you may as well just give her the monitor. She'd be really appreciative. If you sold it to her, and it dies on her shortly afterwards, she'll be thinking, "why that slimy little weasel, @#%*!..." :lol:
Nov 30, 2012
975 posts
1572 upvotes
MONTR
Also , I think that 50 $ Rebate will work. It should work. The model is listed there.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2244 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked one of these up earlier in the year. Came with 8, 8.1 update broke one or 2 of the Asus programs but no biggie. Drivers for 7 :)

Pretty much my only beef with the system is horrible sound(white noise) out of the headphone jack. Replaced it with another and same problem so it seems to be a build issue. Asus wants me to send the whole thing back which is pretty stupid IMHO. Still working on fixing the problem. Mostly likely PCI-E sound card that supports the front jacks.

There are $140 dual core Lenovo Win 7 systems at FS/BB if peeps want bare minimum.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: There are $140 dual core Lenovo Win 7 systems at FS/BB if peeps want bare minimum.
Wich Lenovo are you refering to ?
Nov 25, 2009
465 posts
147 upvotes
Duncan
Regarding the rebate, the rebate form specifies the M11BB-US009S, and it is listed as the M11BB-CA010S, so I'm guessing this wouldn't qualify?
Dec 26, 2005
107 posts
4 upvotes
Was going to buy one, but now OOS online. :(

BB is $40 more. > :(
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
Picked this up last time it was on sale for my Grandparents. Makes a great PC for someone who just needs something basic.
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
So, what exactly will this computer NOT DO "well"?
Aug 1, 2013
544 posts
675 upvotes
Pain
lincoln wrote: Anything but web surfing, "ENJOY"
It'll do fine in things other than web surfing...
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
Chris9446 wrote: It'll do fine in things other than web surfing...
Exactly.
My parents use an amd dual core E-350 1.6ghz nettop. 60gb ssd, 6gb ram. They can browse web. Have dual screens running (1 for netflix on tv, monitor for web browsing at same time). It can actually run youtube 720p and 1080p XBMC at same time. Small image editing with paint.net, scan documents, print. Can watch OTA TV on it using hdhomerun. Hooked up to surround sound with spdif.

The computer for this thread can do anything really. Sure it can't play brand new game at max settings. But I see no problem with it running any other games. My $100 graphics card (amd 6670) can run farcry 3 med settings. This APU should be able to do similar.
Put in an SSD for OS/apps, and nothing wrong with it for basic-medium use.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
Some people are just plain unhappy if they do not have an i7 with 32 gigs of ram a 500 gig SSD and a $400 video card.

I have a 5 year old computer right now that does everything from web browsing, to office apps to photo and video editing.

Not everyone uses their computer just for gaming.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)