Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4508 posts
700 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

ASUS repair

Need to get the power port on my Asus repaired. It's out of warranty. Any benefit to sending it directly to Asus for the repair, or is ncix or Canada computers suffice?

Also, Asus said best buy is an authorized service centre. Would they be reliable?

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1399 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
My daughter's Zenbook had an issue., and they will only replace the motherboard. I think the cost was around $400 with shipping.

I ended up ordering a new power connector and did the replacement myself. If you don't want to do the replacement, you could probably buy the part and have a shop do it for you. Only "hard" part is that it requires a decent soldering iron to remove the old connector and install the new one.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4508 posts
700 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
robertz wrote: My daughter's Zenbook had an issue., and they will only replace the motherboard. I think the cost was around $400 with shipping.

I ended up ordering a new power connector and did the replacement myself. If you don't want to do the replacement, you could probably buy the part and have a shop do it for you. Only "hard" part is that it requires a decent soldering iron to remove the old connector and install the new one.
Was this with Asus?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
depending on the parts (DC jack I am guessing?), you may be able to order it on ebay (or if you know people who can order it from taobao.com) then you can use the parts to repair it yourself.
but again, depending on your laptop, it could be a pretty tedious process.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
The problem is with laptop is that it's so compact, getting access to the component is the hardest
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
I would recommend looking online first to see if you can find service manual or tutorial (videos on youtube) to get a sense on what you'll need to do to replace the broken component.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4508 posts
700 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
uruha wrote: I would recommend looking online first to see if you can find service manual or tutorial (videos on youtube) to get a sense on what you'll need to do to replace the broken component.
Thanks. I did this earlier and it's too complicated for my liking, so I ended up bringing it to my local NCIX. They said they'll take a look at it and let me know what they think. Thanks everyone :) .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)