Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] ASUS router RT-N66U (PM ComputerPartsDrives @ Best Buy for $113.75)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2013 3:34 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15668 posts
1210 upvotes
GTA West
I bought the RT-N66u from Staples. Hardware-wise, it's high end. But ASUS still fails to understand that they will never have the first-rate image that Apple has if they keep pumping out products with Engrish interfaces. Seriously, this router's interface has a "Famous Server List" and "Famous Game List" to automate the configuration of Port Forwarding for commonly used applications. :facepalm: I also bought one of their motherboards for the my new PC build. The Engrish in some of the labelling and in the BIOS flashing interface is "unberievable". :facepalm: :facepalm:

Note: I am not saying that ASUS stole from Apple's ideas for this particular router's physical appearance. But the influence is obvious in their Zenbook line and their all in one PCs.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3449 posts
277 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 8:53 pm
Note: I am not saying that ASUS stole from Apple's ideas for this particular router's physical appearance. But the influence is obvious in their Zenbook line and their all in one PCs.
I wish ASUS would steal the look of Apple's Airport Extreme router. That thing is gorgeous -- but pretty heavy considering that it's a dual-band router.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15668 posts
1210 upvotes
GTA West
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 8:56 pm
I wish ASUS would steal the look of Apple's Airport Extreme router. That thing is gorgeous -- but pretty heavy considering that it's a dual-band router.
As long as they don't steal the idea that you need a proprietary application to connect into the interface, I am ok with it.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Nov 9, 2012
23 posts
2 upvotes
yup i have this router also, well worth the money, i do lots of HD streaming, ps3 gaming, dowloading HD movies all at the same time and no lag whatsoever
Jun 6, 2011
324 posts
27 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
lol they said it has to be a canada site. It doesn't have a canada flag so they can't pm. lol wat?

going to check with her manager.

Edit: she came back and said it's possible. no shipping fee :) Wanted this router when it first came out. Was thinking about getting the ac version but the n66u had better reviews

Feb 12, 2006
574 posts
25 upvotes
I bought this router when Staples had $50 of coupon, hands down this is the best router money can buy. Before buying this I tried Cisco / Linksys 4000- 4300 series and was very disappointed. Cisco just didn't have the wireless range.
Sep 26, 2012
660 posts
48 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
ShimapanX wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 9:14 pm
lol they said it has to be a canada site. It doesn't have a canada flag so they can't pm. lol wat?

going to check with her manager.

Edit: she came back and said it's possible. no shipping fee :) Wanted this router when it first came out. Was thinking about getting the ac version but the n66u had better reviews

Who price matched it?
Jun 6, 2011
324 posts
27 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
dan668 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 9:55 pm
Who price matched it?
BestBuy? or are you asking for the rep? I forgot her name. lol
Sep 26, 2012
660 posts
48 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Just the store, was this in-store?
Jun 6, 2011
324 posts
27 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
dan668 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:03 pm
Just the store, was this in-store?
if you check bestbuy website it says online only
Sep 26, 2012
660 posts
48 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Just noticed that now. Thanks, I'll give it a try
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Awesome Router. Would definitely recommend it. I'd buy one if I didn't have it's little brother, the N56u.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2033 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
marcopolo85 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 8:33 pm
Been looking for a good deal on this router or the n56.
Just bought a n56 a few weeks ago and love it. Very solid, no dropouts. Reception wasn't a jaw-dropping improvement over my old Belkin wireless N (which had issues with Apple products), so I still have to use an extender. Only regret with this is that I didn't notice it doesn't have a 'guest mode' option before I bought it. So now I'm trying to figure out a way to restrict access to our printer and (more importantly) our NAS. I guess I can just put a password on the DNS-323, couldn't I?
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1150 posts
49 upvotes
mississauga
just called bestbuy and they said they wont pricematch til friday,,boxing week
× < >