Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] ASUS TF300 Transformer Eee Pad Pre-order @ Staples! Available May 10th. $399.99!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2012 12:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1216 posts
81 upvotes
tapanpatel88 wrote:
May 25th, 2012 12:06 pm
Oops sorry I forgot to mention that the TF300 I got had the same backlight bleeding issues as my TF101.

Have you seen the Transformer Prime screen? How does it compare?
Dec 21, 2006
829 posts
66 upvotes
Now the word is there is a delay and looking at 1st week of July as ship date. This is from staples employee as store.

for anyone that for it, how do you like it? is it any better then other android tablets on the market. for the price, i am starting to wonder if its worth just getting a ipad2. i am finding that the video and image display quality does not seem to be up to snuff. great selection of free app content on android though! but you wont be dwnloading and tinkering with apps most of the time.
Apr 23, 2011
902 posts
112 upvotes
TORONTO
jjgitties wrote:
May 26th, 2012 1:24 pm
Now the word is there is a delay and looking at 1st week of July as ship date. This is from staples employee as store.

for anyone that for it, how do you like it? is it any better then other android tablets on the market. for the price, i am starting to wonder if its worth just getting a ipad2. i am finding that the video and image display quality does not seem to be up to snuff. great selection of free app content on android though! but you wont be dwnloading and tinkering with apps most of the time.

one thing ipads lack is an SD card slot. You have to buy a $35 adapter for that.

With the amount battery life and hi-def content you can play on these devices, 16GB might not be enough.
ipad 2 and ipad 2012, you'll want 32GB. asus TF300, for just the tablet, 16GB will do, but if you get the dock, 32GB is a better match.

I was quite annoyed with the relatively short battery life of my playbook with my recent 12hr flights. Not to mention other connections by public transit.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2036 posts
70 upvotes
sunnyd71 wrote:
May 25th, 2012 5:01 pm
Have you seen the Transformer Prime screen? How does it compare?

Nah I have never played with the prime to be able to comment. But most online reviews suggest that TF300's screen is less bright and clear compared to prime. I found brightness on the TF300 to be more than enough but as I mentioned earlier, washed out colours and font clarity were deal breakers for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
Got my 16GB Asus TF101 + Keyboard Dock for $299.99, put in a 32GB microSD for $14, and got a free 8GB Class 10 Patriot LX SD as back up. Plenty enough for my needs :cheesygri

On a side note, was able to test out the Prime at my local Staples and found that the screen wasn't that much different than the TF101 screen. I know it's suppose to be better but I can't seem to see a difference. The Prime was definitely a lot thinner than the TF101, but I didn't quite like how the back of the tablet felt. It was also a lot snappier than the TF101 they had on display beside the Prime. Guess they had some bloatware on it or didn't install the latest firmware as my TF101 isn't that laggy.
Apr 23, 2011
902 posts
112 upvotes
TORONTO
tapanpatel88 wrote:
May 26th, 2012 6:34 pm
Nah I have never played with the prime to be able to comment. But most online reviews suggest that TF300's screen is less bright and clear compared to prime. I found brightness on the TF300 to be more than enough but as I mentioned earlier, washed out colours and font clarity were deal breakers for me.

There is no point comparing the prime to TF300. TF300 replaces TF101, while prime was aimed at the premium market. Prime uses a much higher quality, super-IPS, display, while TF101 and TF300 use a regular IPS display. Prime is also much lighter, has better battery life and a price to match.

TF300 is for the cheapskates like us :D
Jan 6, 2006
721 posts
1 upvote
Markham
PureSolidness wrote:
May 24th, 2012 11:22 pm
Fight it, hire the best lawyers money can buy and get your 79cents back.
is it so difficult to just skip a post if you don't have any constructive comments? your advice was utterly useless and stupid. rfd used to be a friendly place...

i was asking the people who were charged the same with their prime preorder.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
aeobikes wrote:
May 26th, 2012 6:49 pm
There is no point comparing the prime to TF300. TF300 replaces TF101, while prime was aimed at the premium market. Prime uses a much higher quality, super-IPS, display, while TF101 and TF300 use a regular IPS display. Prime is also much lighter, has better battery life and a price to match.

TF300 is for the cheapskates like us :D
Nah the Transformer Prime was made to replace the Original Transformer. The TF300 is an affordable Transformer Prime with a plastic body and only an IPS display.
Mar 16, 2011
672 posts
127 upvotes
theastroboy wrote:
May 26th, 2012 7:09 pm
is it so difficult to just skip a post if you don't have any constructive comments? your advice was utterly useless and stupid. rfd used to be a friendly place...

i was asking the people who were charged the same with their prime preorder.

My sincerest apologies if you were offended by my comment. Hope you find someone else who got charged in their prime pre-order that can help you get your hard earned 79 cents back.
Jan 6, 2006
721 posts
1 upvote
Markham
PureSolidness wrote:
May 26th, 2012 7:28 pm
My sincerest apologies if you were offended by my comment. Hope you find someone else who got charged in their prime pre-order that can help you get your hard earned 79 cents back.

if that's a sincere apology, i can only quote:
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6642 posts
969 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
theastroboy wrote:
May 26th, 2012 7:40 pm
if that's a sincere apology, i can only quote:
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
He was joking around, not sure why you are so uptight about it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
1766 posts
138 upvotes
jjgitties wrote:
May 26th, 2012 1:24 pm
for the price, i am starting to wonder if its worth just getting a ipad2. i am finding that the video and image display quality does not seem to be up to snuff. great selection of free app content on android though! but you wont be dwnloading and tinkering with apps most of the time.
you need to do more research or play more with these things. because you don't know what you've got yourself into. ipad and android tablets have totally different software and hardware. they are like apples and oranges. you havent decided if you want the apple or the orange. go away to figure that out, then come back here if you want this orange.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4119 posts
348 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Loomy wrote:
May 26th, 2012 9:04 pm
ipad and android tablets have totally different software and hardware. they are like apples and desserts

Fixed. :P
Jan 7, 2007
613 posts
20 upvotes
For those who can't wait. just get of from FS, I see 20 ins stock.
× < >