• Nov 10th, 2017 2:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7714 posts
1217 upvotes
London

asus transformer book HDMI no sound? Need help. Tia

My Acer laptop for presentation is dead and I am now using my Asus Transformer book T100 as a replacement. Tested it today to make sure I can have video via HDMI, I have a mini HDMI to regular HDMI adapter and video is fine with projector but there is no sound. I have google solutions and someone mention updating the SOC drivers but I have no idea what it is since I can't find it in device manager. Can anyone help? Tia
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4247 posts
2591 upvotes
North York
2 possibilities:
- driver: just look for, download and update the driver for the audio chip used on T100
- the adapter you are using mini to regular hdmi doesn't carry sound
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1162 posts
761 upvotes
Richmond
Make sure you actually have the playback device set to HDMI out first. If the option is not there in the list of playback devices, you might have driver problem. Check in device manager to see if anything is missing driver would be the next way to go, but if you don't see anything there I'm not sure there is a way to turn it on.

Instruction on how to install intel HD graphic driver is here: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/ ... river.html it should work for you.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7714 posts
1217 upvotes
London
ID01 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:37 pm
Make sure you actually have the playback device set to HDMI out first. If the option is not there in the list of playback devices, you might have driver problem. Check in device manager to see if anything is missing driver would be the next way to go, but if you don't see anything there I'm not sure there is a way to turn it on.

Instruction on how to install intel HD graphic driver is here: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/ ... river.html it should work for you.
Thank you so much, the latest intel HD graphic driver works and now I have sound over HDMI to projector's speakers.