Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

ASUS Transformer Book T100 Preorder - $432 shipped to Canada Oct 18 via Amazon.com

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2013 7:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2393 posts
615 upvotes
MJB wrote: Note the Venue 11 Pro starts at $499 (for the Atom version; Core i pricing hasn't been announced) according to this article.
I'm guessing we'll be looking at about $100 extra with a basic chicklet keyboard.

That would bring you up $250 more than the 32gb version of the T100.

Is it worth that much more?
Oct 17, 2013
10 posts
1 upvote
New version to me : Book T100 32gb + 500GB HD IN THE KEYBOARD - T100TA-DK0005H!

Available only in France so far (for Euros 449) from what I know (available at http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Ordinateurs ... r=AL-67-70[lien_profond]-120001[zanox]-[1716496])

See http://www.minimachines.net/actu/promos ... -dur-10798

Of course, French keyboard...

I for myself wish the "standard" version would be available in Canada at the same price as in the US...
Jul 15, 2008
31 posts
48 upvotes
Thornhill
So any news on where in Canada this is available? Just called my local (Toronto) canadacomputers and they said they didn't get any shipments.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
MJB wrote: Note the Venue 11 Pro starts at $499 (for the Atom version; Core i pricing hasn't been announced) according to this article.
Hmmm. The Venue 11 Pro is now piquing my interest though the 32GB storage is a bit disconcerting. At $499, I can get two of these instead of the SP2. I know the SP2 is by far the superior device but if I only need the device for pdf and OneNote annotation, the Venue 11 Pro seems to fit the bill:
http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/mobility ... htm?pgno=1
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2008 posts
292 upvotes
Anyone find this in Canada yet. Did anyone order from Amazon --- how much did you get in on tax/duties if any at all?
Feb 9, 2008
712 posts
80 upvotes
I wonder if the reason why there isn't Canadian retailers selling this is because of the bad RT tablet sales last year, and that they don't believe that there is a true demand for Windows 8 tablets. For the price of this tablet with keyboard, they should sell well since it's actually a useful device and affordable. I hope one day someone in the hacking community can make this device duel booty to Android reliably.
I still use Winamp to play downloaded mp3 files
Nov 21, 2011
10 posts
13 upvotes
MONTR
meanstreetjd wrote: I wonder if the reason why there isn't Canadian retailers selling this is because of the bad RT tablet sales last year, and that they don't believe that there is a true demand for Windows 8 tablets. For the price of this tablet with keyboard, they should sell well since it's actually a useful device and affordable. I hope one day someone in the hacking community can make this device duel booty to Android reliably.
It would be really disappointing if the retailers don't even know the difference between A Microsoft tablet that runs Windows RT from one that runs full Windows. Microsoft really created a lot of unnecessary confusion by releasing both versions of the OS. An average person walking into a store wouldn't know the difference between a device that runs Windows RT from one that runs full Windows without careful explanation from someone.
Feb 4, 2012
39 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
killuminati wrote: Anyone find this in Canada yet. Did anyone order from Amazon --- how much did you get in on tax/duties if any at all?
Probably way too much. I took no chance and I ordered on bhphotovideo.com where they pay the custom for you. In total shipping + duties/tax was 35$ USD. I got my tracking this afternoon, I will update when I receive it.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
2210 posts
283 upvotes
BC
Magoomba wrote: Are these new Bay Trail devices simply souped up netbooks?
I am worried about laggy performance.
They're really souped up netbooks. Faster memory bandwidth, much better design and general improvements make them truly a low end Core machine, more akin to the Pentium/Celeron (Intel are going to name some Bay Trail chips this way too). Graphically it completely destroys the old Atom chips too. Plus Windows 8 works better on lower end hardware than 7 did. So it'll be smooth for webbrowsing/word processing/music/video/etc. It won't be a gaming machine.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
Any word so far on Canadian availability? Is really like to replace my and laptop with one, but want to try it out first.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1078 posts
663 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
Not having a user-replaceable battery makes it a no-go for me. Even the old netbooks from years ago had that for a couple hundred bucks or less. Will stick with a notebook.
Jan 17, 2012
547 posts
617 upvotes
Red Deer
noway wrote: Not having a user-replaceable battery makes it a no-go for me. Even the old netbooks from years ago had that for a couple hundred bucks or less. Will stick with a notebook.
That's gonna be a tough one, because 90% of the tablets and net books will have built in batteries. (Dell Venue Pro being the exception)

What is truly sad is that this tablet with full windows is still cheaper than the iPad rMini 16GB which is $419. Like seriously. I would have to dish out $549 + tax for a 16GB iPad mini LTE? SERIOUSLY?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2008 posts
292 upvotes
stupidguy_101 wrote: looks like ncix carries it. I see they are selling the 32gb version for 399.
comes with 32gb sd card

http://www.ncix.ca/products/index.php?s ... cture=ASUS

Not in stock yet though.
looks good but ncix returns look like a pain, hopefully this means FS or BB should be getting it soon. The 32gig microsd is an OK bonus though since this unit is 349 in the US.
Nov 29, 2012
145 posts
63 upvotes
Edmonton
Hello all,
Family is coming back from Arizona on November 20. I was looking at the Vivobook as it is a light /small windows touchscreen for /starting $299. However I can pre-order this for $349 at BB and can get it back duty free as they have room in their duty free exemption.
Comments on this T100 versus the Vivobook and is it better to pre-order or is likely to go down in price by November 15? Too bad they are coming back before US thanksgiving.
Nov 21, 2011
10 posts
13 upvotes
MONTR
Got my T100 today, didn't play with it too much yet as it came with 0% charge. I plugged it in and messed around with it for a little bit.

So far I like it, seems to run smooth. If you're familiar with the Transformer Prime or infinity you'll have an idea of what this device is like. It doesn't feel as well made as those two tablets, the keyboard is a little cramped and I could see that as an issue for touch typists. It also feels a little hollow but it is heavy enough to keep the tablet portion from tipping. I had the transformer prime tablet and the tablet part was heavier then the keyboard and it was an issue to keep it from tipping over.

The USB port on the keyboard works great and I tried a USB OTG cable with a USB thumb drive in the micro USB charging port and can confirm it is also a host port. The micro sd slot seems a little wonky for me though. At first it wouldn't detect my 64gb Micro sd xc card but after a reboot it was detected. I then tried removing and reinserting it and it would take a couple of tries for it to be detected but it finally worked.

Like I said I didn't get alot of time with it yet, it's still charging but I'll be more then happy to try and answer any questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1140 posts
379 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback, please update once you have used it more

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)