Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Meritline

ASUS UL80 (Recertified) $374.99 FS MERITLINE Today's Special 2/23/11

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2011 9:50 am
Oct 2, 2009
490 posts
180 upvotes

[Meritline] ASUS UL80 (Recertified) $374.99 FS MERITLINE Today's Special 2/23/11

More offers from Meritline
AS the DON mentioned below US ONLY...still a great deal IMO if you have a US address...

I have this laptop and for everyday use it is amazing. 8-cell battery gives me at least 6 hrs of life depending on my application. 14" is a very good form factor.

I am not a gamer (on PC at least) but I find the battery life and performance is better than average.

Only issue I really have with this laptop is the damn mouse pad. I still have to get used to it, or I turn it off when I have to write reports.

http://www.meritline.com/asus-ul80-seri ... 64873.aspx
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
US only, virtually 99% of everything over $5 is US only.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Dec 25, 2009
333 posts
21 upvotes
Victoria BC
gsr519 wrote: AS the DON mentioned below US ONLY...still a great deal IMO if you have a US address...

I have this laptop and for everyday use it is amazing. 8-cell battery gives me at least 6 hrs of life depending on my application. 14" is a very good form factor.

I am not a gamer (on PC at least) but I find the battery life and performance is better than average.

Only issue I really have with this laptop is the damn mouse pad. I still have to get used to it, or I turn it off when I have to write reports.

I have the same and it's the best. I've had it for 14 months no problems so far... Peter

I wouldn't buy a re certified one though...
Aug 31, 2010
747 posts
959 upvotes
ON
J-Son wrote: It does not. Look at there shipping policy. https://www.meritline.com/t-shipping.aspx

As a plus they use FedEX.

As it turn out that particular cable doesn't ship to Canada... :( I wish there is an easier way to tell rather than adding the item to cart and try to check out.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
2210 posts
283 upvotes
BC
zz000ter wrote: $399.99 now

Add the coupon code MLCASUSNBS022305NL1 after adding it to your cart to get the discount.

Great price, great laptop, just a shame about it being US only or I'd grab 2
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3628 upvotes
Billing Information: (We strongly recommend you read the entire policy before you place an order.)

* For Canada orders : We ACCEPT all major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Cards. We also accept Paypal, please ensure the ship-to address recorded in Paypal is the only address the shipment goes to.
* We do NOT accept international Credit Cards for domestic orders.
* After you enter the shipping address, the shipping fee will automatically appear.
* FedEx International Service is international priority and economy.
* We are not able to provide destination country tax and duty charge if occurred.

COUNTRY IMPORT RESTRICTIONS:

Please check any restrictions, duties, taxes and any other fees which are collected from your country before you place the order. Meritline.com will NOT be responsible for any of the above Duties and Fees.

If the order arrives at your country and any of the following occur:
* The customer refuses to accept the package
* No attempt is made in the country of destination to deliver the package
* Meritline.com reserves the right to abandon the package(s) and WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE for any refund.

Shipping Method:
* We only use FedEx International service to deliver international orders .
* We DO NOT accept any customer's own shipping account (FedEx, UPS, DHL/Airborne, or other carriers) for any order.
* We ship via FedEx for international orders.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
So can anyone clarify on the warranty? In the details it says Asus is providing a 2 year warranty... Then meritline is saying 90 days warranty... So which is it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3628 upvotes
These items has been removed due to we do not ship them outside of United States.

tried ordering. Failed.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
For those that think these deals exist only south of the border, I purchased a reconditioned (full manufacturer's warranty) Acer 14" SU7300 with 4gb of ram, 320gb HD, bluetooth, HDMI, Win7-64 bit at Best Buy in Ottawa on Labour Day week-end last year for $374.99.

Mine is an Aspire Timeline AS4810T-8194, basically the same laptop as offered by Meritline, ....... and it's performed flawlessly for my wife.

We have the occasional great deal in Canada too, that's what RFD is all about. :) Just remember that the American market is ten times ours so the tendency is to see more great deals down south.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
I don't like Acer. Bought a new one from Costco, and it totally died within 3 months. Wouldn't even power on anymore. Since then, I've sworn never to buy Acer ever again. Sorry.

I want a new Asus for under $600.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1115 posts
79 upvotes
Is it safe to order from Meritline in regards that they would legit give you an ASUS product? I know Chinese websites always have a grey area for more expensive items lol..
Dec 25, 2009
333 posts
21 upvotes
Victoria BC
In the thread you will see the specs on the asus ul80 thats just a copy of the Asus Specs which also shows the waranty at 2 years. I SUSPECT THE WARANTY IS ONLY 90 DAYS, Not positive. If you are interested phone asus they are the ones that have the warranty they will tell you. 90 days is my bet...

Peter
Dec 25, 2009
333 posts
21 upvotes
Victoria BC
gsr519 wrote: AS the DON mentioned below US ONLY...still a great deal IMO if you have a US address...

Get a logitech mouse with a small dongle they work great... Peter

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)