• Oct 11th, 2015 8:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes

Asus zenfone 2 and roam mobility

So I tried out the dual sim this past week and I can't get it to work when roam sim is in the second sim slot and my Rogers sim already have roaming data disable. I have to reverse the sim for me to be able to use the roam data.

Is this normal? Kinda a pain to have to do this.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10323 upvotes
Toronto
One slot only supports 2g, the other slot supports 4g. No way around it as it is a hardware limitation.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
zzricezz wrote: So I tried out the dual sim this past week and I can't get it to work when roam sim is in the second sim slot and my Rogers sim already have roaming data disable. I have to reverse the sim for me to be able to use the roam data.

Is this normal? Kinda a pain to have to do this.
It is the norm as T Mobile data is 3G which cannot be handled by your SIM 2. In such set up, the call made to your Rogers SIM can still go through. You can save a bundle by not answering calls made to your Rogers' SIM (at slot 2) and calling back the caller with your RM card.
I had the same set up. RM in SIM 1 and Chatr in SIM2. Worked really well. Zero issue at all.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
I just sign up for their 2g text and data plan so it still a problem?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
zzricezz wrote: I just sign up for their 2g text and data plan so it still a problem?
I am afraid you will have 2g data which means you may have problem with using your phone for GPS. Checking emails and surfing will be barely ok. Large enclosure download will be problematic. Also you cannot use RM to call back Can/US as the data there is too weak (latency issue)
You can get by though.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019