Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1355 posts
408 upvotes
Mississauga
I agree completely with that review. Its a very well rounded phone:

- Great battery life. I got 8 hours screen on time over 2 days.
- Good build quality.
- Super fast and smooth
- camera doesn't compete with the flagships but is still very very good.
- Bootloader is unlockable and root is available.

Can't wait for Asus to bring the smaller version to Canada as well.
Dec 26, 2012
775 posts
233 upvotes
Canada
How do you get these Staples coupons? I have the newsletter and never get anything good
Dec 26, 2012
775 posts
233 upvotes
Canada
hackoder wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 5:03 pm
I agree completely with that review. Its a very well rounded phone:

- Great battery life. I got 8 hours screen on time over 2 days.
- Good build quality.
- Super fast and smooth
- camera doesn't compete with the flagships but is still very very good.
- Bootloader is unlockable and root is available.

Can't wait for Asus to bring the smaller version to Canada as well.
Unlocking bootloader permanently voids the warranty and everytime you bootup you get 5 second message. Kinda sucks.

Detailed review can be found here: www.devicespecifications.com/en/editor-review/9af323
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1010 posts
65 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
Flames wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 1:53 pm
How do you get these Staples coupons? I have the newsletter and never get anything good
Beats me. Staples hasn't emailed me a thing - other than a "welcome to Staples" message on 3 different emails accounts in the past 3 years!
Screw 'em...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5069 posts
1029 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 1:43 pm
This or the honor 8 or the lg g5?
Considering the Honor 8 is currently on sale for 420 at newegg with included extras, I would go with the Honor 8. It tops the ZF3 in almost every way, except for battery life and maybe video recording quality. At the regular $520 it might be a different story.

The G5 is the best overall phone in terms of specs and camera, and is the only one with a user replaceable battery; but it's also considerably more expensive.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16115 posts
1746 upvotes
Montreal
rahzel wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 2:54 pm
Considering the Honor 8 is currently on sale for 420 at newegg with included extras, I would go with the Honor 8. It tops the ZF3 in almost every way, except for battery life and maybe video recording quality. At the regular $520 it might be a different story.

The G5 is the best overall phone in terms of specs and camera, and is the only one with a user replaceable battery; but it's also considerably more expensive.
Where did you see thé honor 8 at 420$?
Nov 14, 2004
260 posts
28 upvotes
I received an email from expansys regarding my preorder... Hope this isn't true. I really wanted this phone. Lets hope that Staples get the deluxe version.

eXpansys USA Logo
Order 6A5A0B137BA6: eXpansys stock item: 291301 (ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL Dual-SIM (Unlocked, 64GB, Glacial Silver, WW Ver
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. While we try to keep the information on our web site fully up to date with the status of each product, inevitably in some cases we are not informed that a particular item is no longer available until after we have orders for it.

We apologise for any inconvenience. In many cases, there is often a direct replacement for a discontinued item. Please contact any of our sales team on the number below (or by email to sales@expansys.com) to discuss this.

Regards

eXpansys USA
Tel:
e-mail : us-orderstat@expansys.com
http://www.expansys.ca
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
4633 posts
1208 upvotes
Canada
I'm trying to decide between a Moto G4 and Zenfone 3 Laser. Anyone used both? I like the fingerprint and dual sim functionality on the Zenfone but not a fan of all the bloatware. Is rooting/installing custom rom easy on the Zenfone? Is there Cyanogen support?
Oct 19, 2016
2 posts
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 5:03 pm
I'm trying to decide between a Moto G4 and Zenfone 3 Laser. Anyone used both? I like the fingerprint and dual sim functionality on the Zenfone but not a fan of all the bloatware. Is rooting/installing custom rom easy on the Zenfone? Is there Cyanogen support?
I have the ZF3 Laser. I was considering the Moto G4, but it seemed like an underwhelming upgrade from the previous generation.

Can't speak to rooting/installing, but you can remove/disable a lot of the bloatware, and the ZenUI or whatever is not too terrible. You could switch the launcher if it really bugged you. I find it fairly snappy with great battery life, nice screen, and I would never get a phone without a fingerprint scanner now that I'm used to this one.

Did see Blackberry DTEK50 on amazon for the same price though... may want to go with that instead for the more RAM and better camera.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17621 posts
1283 upvotes
Kasshern wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 7:48 pm
I received an email from expansys regarding my preorder... Hope this isn't true. I really wanted this phone. Lets hope that Staples get the deluxe version.

eXpansys USA Logo
Order 6A5A0B137BA6: eXpansys stock item: 291301 (ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL Dual-SIM (Unlocked, 64GB, Glacial Silver, WW Ver
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued. While we try to keep the information on our web site fully up to date with the status of each product, inevitably in some cases we are not informed that a particular item is no longer available until after we have orders for it.

We apologise for any inconvenience. In many cases, there is often a direct replacement for a discontinued item. Please contact any of our sales team on the number below (or by email to sales@expansys.com) to discuss this.

Regards

eXpansys USA
Tel:
e-mail : us-orderstat@expansys.com
http://www.expansys.ca
Seeing that Expansys is operating as a US company when you order from the .ca website, it would suck. Asus already canceled the Canadian release saying the US will get the Deluxe but not the vanilla one.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/11/21/asus- ... to-canada/
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Mar 17, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
shadowen78 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 5:29 pm
I have the ZF3 Laser. I was considering the Moto G4, but it seemed like an underwhelming upgrade from the previous generation.

Can't speak to rooting/installing, but you can remove/disable a lot of the bloatware, and the ZenUI or whatever is not too terrible. You could switch the launcher if it really bugged you. I find it fairly snappy with great battery life, nice screen, and I would never get a phone without a fingerprint scanner now that I'm used to this one.

Did see Blackberry DTEK50 on amazon for the same price though... may want to go with that instead for the more RAM and better camera.
did you buy your phone from Staples? did your phone came with headset?
Thanks
Oct 19, 2016
2 posts
mocj1970 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2016 1:07 pm
did you buy your phone from Staples? did your phone came with headset?
Thanks
I bought it from Best Buy. Hmm... I think it came with ear buds but to be honest I didn't even try them.

My friend ended up getting the DTEK50 for the same $289 price. I prefer the smaller size of the DTEK 5.2" vs. 5.5" on the Zenfone Laser. Camera and 3GB RAM also better on DTEK. However battery life on Zenfone Laser is way longer (2 days). Laser lacks NFC, not a big deal yet but possibly will be soon.

Both decent phones, pretty cool you can a decent smartphone now for less than $300 CAD!
Mar 17, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
shadowen78 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2016 1:53 pm
I bought it from Best Buy. Hmm... I think it came with ear buds but to be honest I didn't even try them.

My friend ended up getting the DTEK50 for the same $289 price. I prefer the smaller size of the DTEK 5.2" vs. 5.5" on the Zenfone Laser. Camera and 3GB RAM also better on DTEK. However battery life on Zenfone Laser is way longer (2 days). Laser lacks NFC, not a big deal yet but possibly will be soon.

Both decent phones, pretty cool you can a decent smartphone now for less than $300 CAD!
Thanks, I bought one from Staples and did not have the earbuds, but box was brand new. It is not listed on Staples and BestBuy in the box content, just noticed on reviews on youtube and listings in US (including BestBuy where it is specified it is included in box)

thanks again!