• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 2:51 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 16, 2011
353 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Could someone recommend me a good screen protector for ZenFone 3 ZE552KL ? Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2019 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
ihacki wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 9:57 am
Could someone recommend me a good screen protector for ZenFone 3 ZE552KL ? Thanks
I looked around, haven't seen many review. Amazon was pretty bad (cheaper option though).

This is little pricier but it is the OEM Asus screen protector, so should be good for the phone;

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=101575

A cheaper option would be this; http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... oeni04msg3

Cheers,
Live, Eat, Sleep, Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3234 posts
510 upvotes
Brampton ON
both sim card and sd card can go inside at the same time?
As-salamu alaykum
Carrier: Freedom Mobile F&F 35% off any plan for LIFE
Do A Math Before Signing Contract or Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3870 posts
416 upvotes
NORTH YORK
d1ulove3 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 9:59 pm
both sim card and sd card can go inside at the same time?

It is scary to watch some of the video on youtube (stacking up the nano SIM and micro SD). There is huge risk that the SIM tray will be stuck closed
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS & incoming call
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3234 posts
510 upvotes
Brampton ON
danieltoronto wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 10:06 pm
It is scary to watch some of the video on youtube (stacking up the nano SIM and micro SD). There is huge risk that the SIM tray will be stuck closed
Yes I watch that one, Which one is the LTE and 3G sim? So your using it with out sd card?
As-salamu alaykum
Carrier: Freedom Mobile F&F 35% off any plan for LIFE
Do A Math Before Signing Contract or Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3870 posts
416 upvotes
NORTH YORK
d1ulove3 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 10:12 pm
Yes I watch that one, Which one is the LTE and 3G sim? So your using it with out sd card?
I am using Fido data (LTE) in SIM#1 with another Chatr SIM for calls (likely to be ditched if trial of Textme works out well)
No SD card of course
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS & incoming call
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10444 posts
541 upvotes
Has anyone found a good screen protector for the Zenfone 3?

Reading reviews and find lots of people having issues due to the curved screen.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12892 posts
2840 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 1:52 am
Has anyone found a good screen protector for the Zenfone 3?

Reading reviews and find lots of people having issues due to the curved screen.
I know someone who has a zenfone 3. The screen protector is tiny, there's lots of edge on every side that's not protected. Almost makes putting on a protector useless. There are lots of options on eBay if you can tolerate the long shipping time.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10444 posts
541 upvotes
Thanks. Seems like a general issue for the zenfone.

I will buy a case first then think about the screen protector
Jan 8, 2009
623 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 11:32 am

Both my daughter and I just bought Zenfone 3s. I have the flip cover and she has a ringke case on hers. I've ordered a few inexpensive screen protectors - all of which will take roughly 3-4 weeks to arrive - and I'll report back on what we find. Given what I've read about the curved screen issue I wasn't willing to spend much but thought we'd try the less expensive ones and write off the cost if we're not happy with the results. We've always had both screen protectors and cases on our phones (with none of them ever so much as scratched much less shattered and that's with a couple small-ish drops each year) so going without the protector is a little strange for us. Love the phones though! Such a great purchase.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10444 posts
541 upvotes
Got my phone used for $250.

Great phone to use so far especially at that price. The phone is smooth and a much needed upgrade over my Nexus 5. Asus does install a lot of apps but they can be hidden so it wasn't too bothersome after I disabled them. I like the camera as well. I got a screen protector but like all the reviews out there for every zenfone 3 screen protector, they are all too small.
Jan 8, 2009
623 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 11:32 am

Coming back to say these are the best ones we bought: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01GFLARDM/ref ... TE_3p_dp_1

Ordered on the 5th, arrived on the 9th. Sent from Germany. They're slightly smaller than the screen but that's due to the Asus curved screen and I'd rather have them be slightly smaller than be sticking out over the screen (as complained about with some other protectors). Easy to apply, cut-outs in the right place, good quality esp for price.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
4544 posts
1162 upvotes
Canada
Has anyone rooted their zenfone 3?
Zoomer $36 2GB LTE Plan