Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1147 posts
77 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 9:28 am
anyone else finding the battery really good ?

Compared to my oneplus 3, its battery levels were going down very slowly. i'm tempted to downgrade to zf3.
that's good....seems like you are loving the zenfone 3 way more than the oneplus 3
Selling lots of M4/3 and nikon stuff (CLICK HERE IF INTERESTED) and Surface Pro 3 with extended warranty (CLICK HERE IF INTERESTED)
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14880 posts
1554 upvotes
Montreal
mathiewannabe wrote:

Compared to my oneplus 3, its battery levels were going down very slowly. i'm tempted to downgrade to zf3.
Sure as hell hope so. It's a slower SoC. It should be more power efficient.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2955 posts
524 upvotes
Home
One question - do the capacitive buttons light up like Oneplus or Samsung Galaxy?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
3770 posts
1158 upvotes
aenation wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 11:20 am
mathiewannabe wrote:

that's good....seems like you are loving the zenfone 3 way more than the oneplus 3
i bought it for my mom so i gave it to her.

either zf3's battery life management is really good or oneplus 3's battery life is mediocre; maybe a combination of both.

if i didn't buy op 3, i would definitely choose zenfone 3 for its lower price and value.
Dec 24, 2003
662 posts
10 upvotes
I bought the 5.5 Zenfone 3 from Staples after my Nexus 5x battery blew up inside the case (small dent near charger cable - LG gave me a hassle to return under warranty at first) So I needed a new phone knowing that I would be without one for 3+ weeks.

I know the 6P, OP0, and after I saw that Axon 7 - looks great as well but to be honest I think I made the right choice. (sp?) I am very impressed with this Zenfone. I will say I put Nova Launcher on it right away, and removed alot of Asus fluff. The camera is unreal.
The knock I would give it is the capacitive icons do not light up on this model, only on the deluxe with the fast chip. It's not a deal breaker, especially since the release of the Deluxe is 'who the f knows', there are some great apps to add the buttons to the side of your screen (I tried, did not like) Also Asus likes their transfer app over wifi, and I have yet to find a way to just plug into usb and drag and drop files into folders (It wont show up) I'm sure there is a way.

It is a slippery phone, feels extremely premium though. I also am looking for a wallet case via amazon (leave a link if you know of one), but cannot decide on one. Staples people were stoked to see it though, I think I purchased the 1st one in my local.

Depending on price, I would upgrade to Deluxe if you're not in a rush.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1304 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Does the regular Asus zenfone 3 have NFC?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
3770 posts
1158 upvotes
staples shipped it in 1 day, but they have their own shipping service.

so if you're not going to be home, ship it to nearby staples store.
Dec 24, 2003
662 posts
10 upvotes
Deluxe has NFC - but again, as of this, not available for sale in Canada through retailers.
Dec 24, 2003
662 posts
10 upvotes
zobi123 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 7:37 pm
There is another minor upgraded one from the original ASUS Zenfone 3 coming soon
http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3_ ... 5-8384.php

It only adds NFC and fast charging from the regular zenfone 3, everything else is the same as this one: http://www.staples.ca/en/ASUS-Zenfone3- ... g_xqXP4DSw

I wonder if it also has capacitive backlight buttons...And Gold only? Jeeze.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=8106

Too many models now, what a horrible launch haha.