Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3531 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto

Ati 5870 replacement fan

I took apart my video card and find out you cant even oil the fan. Does anyone know where i could get an replacement fan. The noise is driving me nuts.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
The fan isn't replaceable.....

Only thing you can do is use an aftermarket cooler.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2497 posts
388 upvotes
Ajax
caRpetbomBer wrote: I took apart my video card and find out you cant even oil the fan. Does anyone know where i could get an replacement fan. The noise is driving me nuts.

I am sure if you search back far enough you will see me bitching about the same thing :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
794 upvotes
North York
caRpetbomBer wrote: I took apart my video card and find out you cant even oil the fan. Does anyone know where i could get an replacement fan. The noise is driving me nuts.

Is the noise due to a faulty fan? Or it generates lots of fan/wind noise when the card is gaming?

A faulty fan you should be able to RMA the card.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
caRpetbomBer wrote: I picked up the Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo Pro. I hope its not to heavy and folds my video card in half. lol
I was thinking of getting the Thermalright Spitfire 6 HeatPipes. But damn talk about overkill. 140mm fan on a video card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUYm3c_bg7Y

Haha, At least you'll know that your GPU Isn't going to be hot at all! (If you got the 140mm fan).
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1066 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
I remember on my old HIS X1950 Pro the fan bearing became faulty and made a rattling sound. Only solution was to fork out $30 for an Antec replacement exhaust cooler which worked just as well as the original.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)