Tags:
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
466 upvotes
Mississauga

ATM bitcoin

Hi
just wondering is there anyway to get money back once you have bought bitcoin for someone else using bitcoin ATM. someone made me pay him via bitcoin ATM and then I never got the service that was promised.
I am sure my money is gone.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
djjungly wrote: Hi
just wondering is there anyway to get money back once you have bought bitcoin for someone else using bitcoin ATM. someone made me pay him via bitcoin ATM and then I never got the service that was promised.
I am sure my money is gone.
You paid for a service using bitcoin and you never received the service?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
466 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote: You paid for a service using bitcoin and you never received the service?
correct and the guy disappeared on me as soon as transfer was done. he was in touch with me on whatsApp all along and answering all the question etc... I guess he blocked me right after.
Oct 27, 2014
560 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto, ON
djjungly wrote: correct and the guy disappeared on me as soon as transfer was done. he was in touch with me on whatsApp all along and answering all the question etc... I guess he blocked me right after.
what's important now is to learn from your mistakes
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4118 posts
2270 upvotes
Toronto
This is the same as EMT'ing money to someone and expecting a response. Except the person could be anywhere in the world, and you have no bank to complain to.

Take this as tuition for a lesson learned.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah, your bitcoin is long gone. How much bitcoin did you pay him out of curiosity?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
466 upvotes
Mississauga
BoxsterS wrote: Yeah, your bitcoin is long gone. How much bitcoin did you pay him out of curiosity?
$390
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1200 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
that's a small price to pay .
U cant really track it properly and u just have to bite the loss.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
466 upvotes
Mississauga
GurungBoi wrote: that's a small price to pay .
U cant really track it properly and u just have to bite the loss.
lol $390 is a lot yo,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)