Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Atmosphere

Icebreaker Men's 200 Oasis Long sleeve top grey only $38.42

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2018 8:51 pm
Apr 24, 2008
149 posts
139 upvotes
has anyone else noticed a change in the icebreaker oasis material? it used to be very tightfitting, almost an elastic feel to it and now it is very loosey-goosey, falling limp. I'm comparing oasis 200 long sleeves that I purchased several years ago to ones that I got relatively recently. Just curious if it was a bad batch or if anyone else has noticed this?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
^their materials have changed over the years. Not sure if it's for the better or worse.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1050 posts
448 upvotes
Babak wrote: has anyone else noticed a change in the icebreaker oasis material? it used to be very tightfitting, almost an elastic feel to it and now it is very loosey-goosey, falling limp. I'm comparing oasis 200 long sleeves that I purchased several years ago to ones that I got relatively recently. Just curious if it was a bad batch or if anyone else has noticed this?
I only notice the difference if weight 15/200/300 is different or the fabric composition. It could be that their industrial looms utilize updated construction patterns. Tight vs loose is more of a fit factor than machining process, though.
Bunyak wrote: I posted the Costco Cloudveil deal last January. The shirts were $14.97. Look for the Costco clearance at the end of January.
I got one and I'd say for that price it's an OK deal. The sizing is completely off: I got Large and it feels like a woolly boa constrictor. The fabric is quite inferior to that of Icebreaker.
Jul 14, 2009
695 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
OOS?

"We are sorry, only 0 piece is available.
Please reduce the quantity to Add to Cart."
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Does anyone buy this brand at MSRP? I have a bunch of Icebreaker socks bought when on sale. Otherwise msrp on their gear is nuts.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
JC69 wrote: Does anyone buy this brand at MSRP? I have a bunch of Icebreaker socks bought when on sale. Otherwise msrp on their gear is nuts.
I really like their collared shirts and polo's when I travel... Sadly, I have bought those items regular price as their "good' colours and patterns don't normally go on sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2012
1170 posts
1056 upvotes
Ottawa
JC69 wrote: Does anyone buy this brand at MSRP? I have a bunch of Icebreaker socks bought when on sale. Otherwise msrp on their gear is nuts.
I don't, I usually buy it at least 40% off and most of the time 50% off.
Feb 26, 2015
155 posts
125 upvotes
I own some Paradox and Cloudveil from Costco. My experience was rather negative. Itchy and so thin that holes popped up even when washing them in a bag. Id rather just be wearing cotton at that point. I can't compare them to icebreaker material, but I hope it's better.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2521 posts
1658 upvotes
Ottawa
Babak wrote: has anyone else noticed a change in the icebreaker oasis material? it used to be very tightfitting, almost an elastic feel to it and now it is very loosey-goosey, falling limp. I'm comparing oasis 200 long sleeves that I purchased several years ago to ones that I got relatively recently. Just curious if it was a bad batch or if anyone else has noticed this?
I have a 200 Icebreaker shirt that fits me perfectly. It's tight without being constricting. I'll soon find out if they borked the brand. That would be a bad move because there's no shortage of competition. I've become a big fan of Alchemy Equipment. The quality of their gear is phenomenal. I'm watching for their stuff to go on deep discount at the Last Hunt.
Nov 4, 2013
124 posts
24 upvotes
Can you guys notice a difference between 100% merino clothes and non-100%? I'm trying to decide on which one I want to get and comfort is pretty important to me.
Mar 14, 2013
810 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
karupt wrote: Can you guys notice a difference between 100% merino clothes and non-100%? I'm trying to decide on which one I want to get and comfort is pretty important to me.
IMO it makes a huge difference. You don't get overly hot and sweaty in it and it's very lightweight.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1284 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
I guess combined with ebates and the 15% off GC at Canadian tire makes this deal even sweeter
Oct 11, 2015
18 posts
20 upvotes
We are sorry, only 0 piece is available.
Please reduce the quantity to Add to Cart.

Out of stock but thanks for sharing.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1884 posts
4599 upvotes
FHill
Phreman wrote: I own some Paradox and Cloudveil from Costco. My experience was rather negative. Itchy and so thin that holes popped up even when washing them in a bag. Id rather just be wearing cotton at that point. I can't compare them to icebreaker material, but I hope it's better.
Agree 100%
Nov 4, 2013
124 posts
24 upvotes
btwitsmatt wrote: IMO it makes a huge difference. You don't get overly hot and sweaty in it and it's very lightweight.
With 100% Merino or a blend?
Aug 31, 2010
747 posts
959 upvotes
ON
karupt wrote: Can you guys notice a difference between 100% merino clothes and non-100%? I'm trying to decide on which one I want to get and comfort is pretty important to me.
It depends on the weight and the brand.

For lighter weight (150 short sleeves) it doesn't make a big difference in terms of comfort, you most likely want a blend for durability (it's not guaranteed either, it really depends on the specific model).

For heavier weight (200 or 260) I would want 100% merino wool.

On the other hand, merino wool from different brands can be very different. The Costco ones are the worst I've tried on. Personally I prefer Smartwool over Icebreaker, the material from Smartwool is a lot softer. I think this might be because of the diameter of the wool fibre they use is smaller.
Nov 4, 2013
124 posts
24 upvotes
Empyrium wrote: It depends on the weight and the brand.

For lighter weight (150 short sleeves) it doesn't make a big difference in terms of comfort, you most likely want a blend for durability (it's not guaranteed either, it really depends on the specific model).

For heavier weight (200 or 260) I would want 100% merino wool.

On the other hand, merino wool from different brands can be very different. The Costco ones are the worst I've tried on. Personally I prefer Smartwool over Icebreaker, the material from Smartwool is a lot softer. I think this might be because of the diameter of the wool fibre they use is smaller.
I've noticed the opposite. Smartwool stuff is much scratchier, and pills more easy.
Oct 22, 2007
46 posts
103 upvotes
Ontario
Not happy!

“We're sorry these items didn't work out.”

My order was cancelled without my consent.

Recourse?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Order got cancelled as well, I was looking to replace my old one too :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)