• Dec 10th, 2017 3:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1238 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto

[Atmosphere] YMMV - Bushnell H2O 8x25 Waterproof Binoculars - ~$10 after MIR

Currently, Bushnell is having a Mail In Rebate of $25 on the H20 series of binoculars and Atmosphere is clearing out the 8x25 ones for $34.88

https://www.atmosphere.ca/product/302050062.html

MIR form below
4 replies
Nov 21, 2006
434 posts
118 upvotes
I was able to price match it at Atmosphere QC which actually is Sport Experts
Mall Cote Vertu
Thank you op
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2213 posts
428 upvotes
Kingston
Anyone got input on whether any of the elite series are good travel binoculars? Lightweight/compact and good optics?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2352 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
JC69 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:22 pm
Anyone got input on whether any of the elite series are good travel binoculars? Lightweight/compact and good optics?
just saw your post when i did a search for binos as im always on the lookout for good glass on stupid sales! I have both the bushnell Elite 8x42 roof & the Custom Elite 7x26 porro. I dont own any of the top alpha glass (eg. zeiss/leica/swaros) but I have had a look thru them before. based on memory I cannot determine if either of the Elites are comparable but I can honestly say both are very good ie. clarity & color with good contrast & minimal chromatic aberration.

as far as good travel binos, I'd say the Custom Elite 7x26 are amazing. it's reasonably compact (although far from being the smallest) & lightweight with superb optics. & multiple reviews have rated it one of the best compact binos....for the last 40-60yrs! ofcos bushnell have upgraded the casing & the glass a number of times to freshen it up to modern standards. that said, the Custom Elite's Achilles heel is that it isnt waterproof but only water resistant so if you're trekking in tropical jungles with 100% humidity & 200% chance of thundershowers, this may not be the one u wanna bring.

that caveat aside & having had a peek thru some of the better compact glass out there, I'd say with confidence that the bushnell 7x26 is amongst the finest compact 7x porro bino money can buy. i bring it with me almost everywhere (esp lazy walks in the park or around town or biking) & couldnt be happier. cheapest right now is thru the states @usd$220 or so & the mir is $100 for elite models.

if you're dead set on the most compact double hinge design, the bushnell legend ultra hd 10x25 ain't no slouch either but with only a $50 mir. if u can find it, the alpen wings ed 10x25 is worth a look as well but I consider both about equivalent with the bushnell being more readily available in-situ.

fwiw, all bushnell elite models are made in jpn & all the other models are chimade. I'm guessing the same with other makes as well within similar price ranges.