Shopping Discussion

Attention to those already waiting in line @Futureshop.ca

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2005 8:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40688 posts
2097 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Attention to those already waiting in line @Futureshop.ca

Just got this email. Blah blah, tells us that the boxing day deals will be on early tomorrow morning, and some "sneak previews". (I laughed at myself seeing as I saw the WHOLE flyer 3 days before :P Thanks RFD :D )

Anyways, apart from the 4 deals on the email, I noticed something.

Image

Sounds like they aren't allowing us to do what we're all planning to do. Damn it. I'm pretty sure Best Buy is going to follow suit.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
48 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
12447 posts
484 upvotes
move to discussion?
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
10305 posts
2009 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:Just got this email. Blah blah, tells us that the boxing day deals will be on early tomorrow morning, and some "sneak previews". (I laughed at myself seeing as I saw the WHOLE flyer 3 days before :P Thanks RFD :D )

Anyways, apart from the 4 deals on the email, I noticed something.

Image

Sounds like they aren't allowing us to do what we're all planning to do. Damn it. I'm pretty sure Best Buy is going to follow suit.

So, wait a second, read their disclaimer... It says that they are closing (offline) at 7 pm today, to prepare for the sale, and reopening at midnight, does that mean the prices will be adjusted then? Besides, if they are back on line tonight at midnight, then we have 24 hours to prepare, and plan and get ready for utter mayhem!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Member
Apr 21, 2003
483 posts
jackass_ca wrote:Besides, if they are back on line tonight at midnight, then we have 24 hours to prepare, and plan and get ready for utter mayhem!
Uhhh.. No. The sale starts at midnight on Dec. 25. i.e. in 13 hours and 15 minutes from now. In other words, online, the sale starts one full day before Boxing Day.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1058 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
I thought it was 12:01est on the 26th? I wonder if they will not allow you to buy checkout prior?
Member
Apr 21, 2003
483 posts
Battscrew wrote:I thought it was 12:01est on the 26th? I wonder if they will not allow you to buy checkout prior?
No, it's midnight on the 25th. Read the flyer.
Sr. Member
Jun 14, 2004
947 posts
Thanks for that heads up...I quickly read and assumed 26th as well..good to know
voyager6868 wrote:No, it's midnight on the 25th. Read the flyer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2003
3197 posts
88 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Sounds like they aren't allowing us to do what we're all planning to do. Damn it. I'm pretty sure Best Buy is going to follow suit.
What are people planning to do?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 21, 2004
2179 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver
rilhouse wrote:What are people planning to do?
Put all the items you want to buy in your cart and once the sale goes live click checkout.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
Should work if you put the items in your cart BEFORE 7PM EST. :)
Jr. Member
Apr 28, 2005
189 posts
that plan doesn't work because the prices don't auto update, meaning you will have to add them again.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40688 posts
2097 upvotes
Richmond Hill
biggunstwo wrote:that plan doesn't work because the prices don't auto update, meaning you will have to add them again.
Actually they do auto-update. Once I placed a Samsung 50" TV in my cart which had an amazing deal for $2199, even though I had no intentions of buying it. When I clicked on my cart a few days later, the price automatically changed to the newer updated and more expensive one.

But auto-update or not doesn't matter, because I have a hinch that they're going to clear out everything in people's caches during the 5 hour downtime and you'll have no say to them as to why they did that because supposedly they have to "prepare" for the boxing day bananza.

Oh well. I'm sure every RFDer will be on the "come back at midnight" screen for at least 5-10 minutes in advance. And those smart guys with Firefox, I suggest you install auto-reload :P Reloads screen automatically every 5 seconds or so, how many you wish.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Member
User avatar
Dec 6, 2002
435 posts
1 upvote
Heh... F5 key is going to get a workout tonight. :p
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
Jon Lai wrote:Oh well. I'm sure every RFDer will be on the "come back at midnight" screen for at least 5-10 minutes in advance. And those smart guys with Firefox, I suggest you install auto-reload :P Reloads screen automatically every 5 seconds or so, how many you wish.
Which auto-reload addon are you referring to? The ones I've found aren't compatible with 1.0.7
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7799 posts
358 upvotes
Brampton
You know what......im kindof glad that they are making this fair. Some ppl really goes and buys everything out and within a few minutes its sold out.

Top