124 posts
62 upvotes

Arcade 1Up cabinets in various condition for sale/auction

Deal Link:
Price:
$181+
Retailer:
AuctionMaxx
For those of you in the GTA looking for Arcade 1Up cabinets to mod, I found some deals at AuctionMaxx. Some are auctions, but they have some "buy now" pricing on some too.

There are decent sized modding communities around these cabinets on Facebook and Reddit.

I'm not familiar with AuctionMaxx, and their Yelp reviews are not great (otherwise I would have bought one myself). If, however, you're feeling daring - it looks like some good deals are to be had, especially if you win an auction for a lot of 3 cabinets for under $500.

2019-03-21 15_30_45-AuctionMaxx Online Auctions Toronto Misguided Freight, Lost in Transit Auctions!.png
9 replies
Apr 6, 2017
607 posts
1006 upvotes
These are perfect for kids under the age of 10.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2007
124 posts
62 upvotes
tfong010 wrote: These are perfect for kids under the age of 10.
You'd be surprised at how many adults are buying these. A lot of people spend as much as the purchase price in upgrades.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1738 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Auctionmaxx *was* good. Not sure I'd want to spend that kind of money on these machines, especially when their warranty period is only 14 days (Last I checked).
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2440 posts
573 upvotes
Belle River
I have seen angry posts on my local Kijiji a few times advising to avoid AuctionMaxx, that's stuff that's been shipped though.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2007
124 posts
62 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote: Auctionmaxx *was* good. Not sure I'd want to spend that kind of money on these machines, especially when their warranty period is only 14 days (Last I checked).
I would only suggest this deal for modders. Most of the modders in the A1Up community are buying these machines just for the shells. They're replacing the screens, boards and controllers. Heck, I've seen some vinyl kits go for almost $200USD (see: https://arcadegraphix.com/product-categ ... lete-kits/ )
Jun 21, 2009
933 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
Auctionmaxx deals mostly in unclaimed shipping and storage containers. I have purchased collectibles from them in the past.

Could be great to snag some deals, but don't expect any kind of customer service, troubleshooting, or warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7538 posts
3591 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a lot were just salvaged for parts, I'd save the headache. Not to mention the practice of calling most things "New" that are obviously used.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2889 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
blankall wrote: Auctionmaxx deals mostly in unclaimed shipping and storage containers. I have purchased collectibles from them in the past.

Could be great to snag some deals, but don't expect any kind of customer service, troubleshooting, or warranty.
Really - my assumption was they simply made deals with manufacturers to get rid of old stock and returns.
Years ago, I purchased a new thinkpad (sealed box) and it has been great, and even had full online warranty.

I used to pass by their warehouse, and while you could find an odd deal, I honestly can't believe how much they try to charge for some things. More often than not, the price is too high for things that have no warranty and a higher chance of breaking down. The warehouse really let's you see how much weird crap they have.
Jun 21, 2009
933 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
shikotee wrote: Really - my assumption was they simply made deals with manufacturers to get rid of old stock and returns.
Years ago, I purchased a new thinkpad (sealed box) and it has been great, and even had full online warranty.

I used to pass by their warehouse, and while you could find an odd deal, I honestly can't believe how much they try to charge for some things. More often than not, the price is too high for things that have no warranty and a higher chance of breaking down. The warehouse really let's you see how much weird crap they have.
They may get inventory from multiple places. I emailed them one time to see if they were getting more stock of an item. They emailed me back stating that their stock was unpredictable as their products came from unclaimed shipping containers.