Shopping Discussion

The audacity on Canadapost workers.

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 10:58 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 2, 2010
732 posts
128 upvotes

The audacity on Canadapost workers.

So I finally received a package in the mail.
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically said my little brother it's better for me to order weed online(which I didn't at all that package was no weed) because they start flagging it and It might hamper me when I try to go to the US basically making me denied from it.

What the hell is wrong with them?
Are they that angry that they have to go back to work they are pushing in scare tactics like this?
34 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
Casual wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
So I finally received a package in the mail.
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically said my little brother it's better for me to order weed online(which I didn't at all that package was no weed) because they start flagging it and It might hamper me when I try to go to the US basically making me denied from it.

What the hell is wrong with them?
Are they that angry that they have to go back to work they are pushing in scare tactics like this?
I'm not sure I understand you. What's getting flagged? Is it people who order weed from other legal but not online resellers?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1097 upvotes
I'm certain there are words in the OP, I'm not certain they are in the correct order.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
8814 posts
2218 upvotes
London
Ojam wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:35 pm
I'm certain there are words in the OP, I'm not certain they are in the correct order.
Jedi Master is he, you say?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2002
1323 posts
131 upvotes
Casual wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
So I finally received a package in the mail.
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically said my little brother it's better for me to order weed online(which I didn't at all that package was no weed) because they start flagging it and It might hamper me when I try to go to the US basically making me denied from it.

What the hell is wrong with them?
Are they that angry that they have to go back to work they are pushing in scare tactics like this?

Learn to communicate coherently before you go off blaming someone for your perceived wrongs.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
17534 posts
2864 upvotes
Toronto
Casual wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
So I finally received a package in the mail.
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically said my little brother it's better for me to order weed online(which I didn't at all that package was no weed) because they start flagging it and It might hamper me when I try to go to the US basically making me denied from it.

What the hell is wrong with them?
Are they that angry that they have to go back to work they are pushing in scare tactics like this?
She's not trying to scare you, she's doing you a favour by warning you about this: https://globalnews.ca/news/4140898/lega ... us-border/
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1773 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guys, I think what he's saying is that OP ordered a package and when it came time for delivery of package, Canada Post delivery lady told his brother that OP should order his weed online.

Which is pretty bad because not only is the recipient of the package not the brother but the Canada Post delivery lady implied/revealed to someone not the recipient that there is marijuana/OP ordered marijuana (even though it wasn't a weed delivery)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9937 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
Casual wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
So I finally received a package in the mail.
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically said my little brother it's better for me to order weed online(which I didn't at all that package was no weed) because they start flagging it and It might hamper me when I try to go to the US basically making me denied from it.

What the hell is wrong with them?
Are they that angry that they have to go back to work they are pushing in scare tactics like this?
She assumed you were ordering weed and made a joke so you think it’s flagged now?

Don’t worry about it and move on with life.

(By the way local is probably better and cheaper and perhaps mould free)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
17534 posts
2864 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:24 pm
Um. That article states you should *not* buy weed online, which is the opposite of what the mail lady supposedly stated. Thinking Face
Yeah, the OP's communication skills are terrible. I assume she told the brother he shouldn't order it online since the only way you can buy it from OCS right now is online. If you're someone who does it, buying it at a physical retailer in cash is safer. It doesn't make sense for her to have told him about the flagging at the border and then telling him he should order online.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Member
Aug 5, 2008
449 posts
238 upvotes
Casual wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
So I finally received a package in the mail.
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically said my little brother it's better for me to order weed online(which I didn't at all that package was no weed) because they start flagging it and It might hamper me when I try to go to the US basically making me denied from it.

What the hell is wrong with them?
Are they that angry that they have to go back to work they are pushing in scare tactics like this?
Wait...what did you order then? I’m confused
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
Piro21 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 6:30 pm
I assume she told the brother he shouldn't order it online since the only way you can buy it from OCS right now is online.
Except that the OP does not list their location, and some provinces have B&M weed stores.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
11353 posts
6169 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Op is smoking weed when he wrote that post....gotta get high!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
11665 posts
1384 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Casual wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
I wasn't there when it happened, but the lady basically TOLD my little brother THAT it's better for me to order weed online because they start flagging it, and it might hamper me when I try to go to the US, basically making me BARRED FROM THE US.
I think this is what s/he meant. The main error seems to be that s/he used "said" instead of "told".

Maybe your little brother is pranking you. That or he was toking, smelled like it, and that's why he got the "advice".

Taking the advice at face value, if you order weed online, I would assume that it gets delivered by post. Unless "NOT to order weed online" is what was meant.

Anyways, I would chalk this up to a misunderstanding and forget about it.

Top