• Nov 14th, 2017 9:15 pm
Mar 23, 2009
756 posts
120 upvotes
Halifax
Gnm2011 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 7:32 pm
EDIT: There's one for effeciency.

Hrmm? Okay... how/where do I get the latest software and nav?
4 driving modes in audi drive select: comfort, auto, dynamic and individual

there is an efficiency screen in the dash that shows green bar...it goes down the more accessories you use such as AC, heated seats, etc...

As for your adaptive light message, is the yellow light flashing all the time or just solid. I had this on my 13 and it was just a light bulb.
Sep 13, 2008
633 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
afretes wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 7:17 pm
The $1,500 cash incentive expires at the end of October regardless if you make a deal or not, and it cannot be protected. Because the dealer pays the first $500, you "may" be out $1k if the promo isn't extended. I mean "may" because there's a good chance the promo will still be offered by the time the car arrives. But your dealer won't sing off on that, it will be a line in your bill of sale that states exactly that this promo is subject to extension.

About your discount, 3% or 5% is reasonable on a 2018, make sure you deduct the $500 dealer participation for the October promo.
What is the $500 dealer participation? Does this mean, if a person is normally able to negotiate $2500 off MSRP, when there is no $500 dealer incentive...That when the $500 incentive exists, the person will only be able to negotiate $2000 off MSRP and then get the $500 incentive? so either way, the best deal is $2500 off MSRP?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3897 posts
415 upvotes
Caledon
redwings_patriots wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 3:51 pm
What is the $500 dealer participation? Does this mean, if a person is normally able to negotiate $2500 off MSRP, when there is no $500 dealer incentive...That when the $500 incentive exists, the person will only be able to negotiate $2000 off MSRP and then get the $500 incentive? so either way, the best deal is $2500 off MSRP?
Yes, because the $500 is part of the gross profit.
Sep 13, 2008
633 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
@bobblehead Any opinions on how to best equip a Q5 and a SQ5 based on value to improvement in drive-ability for the following options?

Q5 - is it better to stick with standard suspension/shock absorption? or upgrade to sports suspension with damping control or adaptive air suspension?

SQ5 - Is quattro with sports differential a worthwhile upgrade? If I do get quattro with sports differential, is it better to upgrade to sports adaptive air suspension or stick with sports suspension with damping control?

I'm planning on financing for 4 years and maybe use the car to trade in after 4-5 years. Would these features help with re-sale? or are these sunk costs? If sunk, I guess I might as well lease?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18770 posts
4053 upvotes
Toronto
Q5 standard suspension tends to give a lot of body rolls and it gives a bit of a 'floaty' feel, at least that's my impression. If you like a sporty drive and handling in a CUV, then sporty suspension would be nice to have. Whether you need air suspension or not adds a bit of debate to it. For sure, the air suspension will likely give you a better and comfortable ride in normal mode over the traditional steel springs, I guess you do have to factor in that air suspension can be very costly to fix if it is out of warranty. It can be as high as $4K if something goes wrong.

If you have the budget to splurge, I say you should go after the SQ5 (mid 300's in power and tq). But if you really want a sporty CUV and you can put in around $80K + taxes, consider the Porsche Macan GTS (base) or a highly loaded Macan S ... you will not regret it (maybe I am a little biased. hehe.)

Just to add a bit of debate of resale value down the road, SQ5 will have probably have a sightly better resale value over the fully loaded Q5 as the former is much more rare. But if you are to compare the resale value of SQ5 to a Macan GTS, then the latter likely will be better still. In about 36 months time, the Macan GTS will likely have a trade in value of around 58% of configured MSRP; meaning for private listing, you are likely can ask for around 65 - 68% of the configured MSRP if the vehicle is kept in very good condition.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3897 posts
415 upvotes
Caledon
booblehead wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:19 pm
If you have the budget to splurge, I say you should go after the SQ5 (mid 300's in power and tq). But if you really want a sporty CUV and you can put in around $80K + taxes, consider the Porsche Macan GTS (base) or a highly loaded Macan S ... you will not regret it (maybe I am a little biased. hehe.)
Hey, wrong thread! lol
Sep 13, 2008
633 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:19 pm
Q5 standard suspension tends to give a lot of body rolls and it gives a bit of a 'floaty' feel, at least that's my impression. If you like a sporty drive and handling in a CUV, then sporty suspension would be nice to have. Whether you need air suspension or not adds a bit of debate to it. For sure, the air suspension will likely give you a better and comfortable ride in normal mode over the traditional steel springs, I guess you do have to factor in that air suspension can be very costly to fix if it is out of warranty. It can be as high as $4K if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the reply. Based on your feedback, I'm leaning towards an SQ5. What do you think about the quattro with sport differential?

I looked at the Macan S pricing. After all the options I put on, it was well over $80k + tax. $80 + tax is the absolute max I want to spend.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18770 posts
4053 upvotes
Toronto
If you decide with SQ5, then I would get the quattro with differential ... and if you get the right performance winter tires ... then you can drive it like "Mario Andretti" ..
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3897 posts
415 upvotes
Caledon
Sport diff is a must have option for any S vehicle. Not sure why it is still an option.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2014
1041 posts
270 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:48 pm
Sport diff is a must have option for any S vehicle. Not sure why it is still an option.
Except the S3 which has no sport diff option because of lousy electronic Haldex :( lol
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2014
1041 posts
270 upvotes
redwings_patriots wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 3:38 pm
Thanks for the reply. Based on your feedback, I'm leaning towards an SQ5. What do you think about the quattro with sport differential?

I looked at the Macan S pricing. After all the options I put on, it was well over $80k + tax. $80 + tax is the absolute max I want to spend.
As everyone else mentioned, sport diff is a must-have.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19179 posts
121746 upvotes
GTA
For anyone shopping in the GTA, there's a 3-day demo event coming up beginning on the 19th:

Fine print:

*Limited time offer available on select in-stock new and demo 2017 and 2018 Audi models. Audi Credit of $10,000 available to be applied as a discount on the MSRP on cash purchase only of in-stock new and demo 2017 A6 and A7 models remaining in dealer inventory. Offer valid from October 19-21st and vehicles must be delivered by October 31st 2017. Models shown: 2017 Audi A7 3.0 TFSI quattro Technik tiptronic with base MSRP of $78,191.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6126 posts
2220 upvotes
Toronto
rsang39 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 4:06 pm
Except the S3 which has no sport diff option because of lousy electronic Haldex :( lol
Does rs3 suffer same fate?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3897 posts
415 upvotes
Caledon
daivey wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 8:48 am
Does rs3 suffer same fate?
Yes... but I wouldn't call it lousy.