• Dec 7th, 2017 9:19 pm
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3910 posts
422 upvotes
Caledon
redwings_patriots wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:11 am
Is SQ5 excluded as well? I closed a deal on one on Wednesday evening. Wishful thinking, but can I ask for Audi care?
It is excluded. The private sale started Thursday. And the additional incentive is dealer based. The main condition to get any incentive is that you need to pick up the car by Nov 30th.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3910 posts
422 upvotes
Caledon
mfrania wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:40 am
So no incentives on configurations which would need to be ordered? Because I'm assuming the wait times are greater than 3 weeks now. Thanks.
Exactly. Fresh orders placed now will arrive in late Feb or early March.

We're in a bit a difference situation, becasue we opened Audi Brampton we were given a bunch of sold out cars; Q5, A5 and S5 SB mainly.
Nov 13, 2017
2 posts
I was able to negotiate 6.6% discount on the SQ5 Technik with a few options, delivery in late March, no audi anti-theft fee, loyalty finance rate and got an okay deal on the trade in.

I didn't fight the admin fee on this one.
Apr 11, 2009
73 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
We signed for an A4 Technik S-Line Black Package in Ibis White

Total discount we got was 4060.57....MSRP of $50,339 (roughly 7.23% discount)... We were able to drop 2 bogus fees but couldn't drop the admin fee
$696/month for 36 months
Last edited by sandini_power on Nov 14th, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 27, 2013
142 posts
32 upvotes
@afretes I was at a dealership to shop for a SQ5. The configuration I wanted was not available at any dealerships in Canada, so the sales person showed me a few vehicles in the system that are showing as coming down the pipe (to other dealerships). In the system, I think it showed the expected arrival to be at the end of November. How accurate are these dates? Once in the system, does that mean the vehicle is already built and in on route to Canada? thanks!
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3910 posts
422 upvotes
Caledon
mfrania wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:15 pm
We ended up getting a 4% discount. Not as good as others managed to get it seems, but better than nothing, I suppose. Now, what's the consensus on purchasing extra warranty?
You did well, a reasonable discount, too many "unreasonable" ones.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
3910 posts
422 upvotes
Caledon
thisblowsgoatsbigtime wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 7:19 pm
@afretes I was at a dealership to shop for a SQ5. The configuration I wanted was not available at any dealerships in Canada, so the sales person showed me a few vehicles in the system that are showing as coming down the pipe (to other dealerships). In the system, I think it showed the expected arrival to be at the end of November. How accurate are these dates? Once in the system, does that mean the vehicle is already built and in on route to Canada? thanks!
Yes, built and on their way here. What config are you looking for?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2631 posts
474 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Got tires changed recently on 2013 A4 and was told rear brakes need to be changed.

Not 100% sure however is there not a light in these cars that light up when pads low? Or is that waiting too long?

Ok to change rear brakes' pads and rotors and leave front for later [6-12 months later] or best to do both at same time?

OEM or aftermarket [which brands]?

Thanks!!
May 17, 2017
158 posts
105 upvotes
Waterloo
georvu wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 6:50 pm
Got tires changed recently on 2013 A4 and was told rear brakes need to be changed.

Not 100% sure however is there not a light in these cars that light up when pads low? Or is that waiting too long?

Ok to change rear brakes' pads and rotors and leave front for later [6-12 months later] or best to do both at same time?

Thanks!!
1. Correct, there should be an indicator light.
Dealer may just be upselling you. Any mechanic should be able to perform a very quick visual inspection and see how much of the pad is left.

2. Definitely OK to replace the rear pads and rotors alone.

3a. Pads: Audi OEM pads are quite good.. it seems like others seem to appreciate Akebono Ultra Premium Pads.
3b. Rotors: I prefer Centric Premium for the painted center hat to reduce rust. Centric Cyro, or their upmarket StopTech rotors are even better if you drive hard.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2631 posts
474 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
AstulzerRSX wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 7:20 pm
1. Correct, there should be an indicator light.
Dealer may just be upselling you. Any mechanic should be able to perform a very quick visual inspection and see how much of the pad is left.
Was at local garage where mechanic advised not dealership but is mechanic upselling?? Had first mentioned in summer and now like 4-5k kms later mentioned again so do wonder... brakes do make squeaky noise; it's sister's car so have not driven much but when I have driven there does not seem to be any loss in brake power. Better to wait for light?? Not used to cars with that kind of indicator, lol.

2. Definitely OK to replace the rear pads and rotors alone.Yeah, probably go that route then even if means need to get brake fluid twice

3a. Pads: Audi OEM pads are quite good.. it seems like others seem to appreciate Akebono Ultra Premium Pads.
3b. Rotors: I prefer Centric Premium for the painted center hat to reduce rust. Centric Cyro, or their upmarket StopTech rotors are even better if you drive hard.
Thoughts on zimmerman rotors and trw pads?
Thanks, see responses above. Gonna get few quotes...
May 17, 2017
158 posts
105 upvotes
Waterloo
georvu wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 8:20 pm
Thanks, see responses above. Gonna get few quotes...
There's a possibility that the pad wear indicators might be broken.

Zimmerman rotors are fine.
Some OEM Audi pads are manufactured by TRW.
That combo should be fine.
Apr 11, 2009
73 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
@afretes

We signed for an A4 Technik S-Line Black Package in Ibis White during the private sales event.

Total discount we got was $4060.57....MSRP of $50,339 (roughly 7.23% discount)... We were able to drop 2 bogus fees but couldn't drop the admin fee
$696/month for 36 months

We used our own spreadsheet and it matched all the figures that the SA was showing on his screen...just maybe a few cents off so whatever he did we could also do on the fly on our side.
The SA said this was already pushing it....Do you think we could of pushed for more?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1220 posts
305 upvotes
Ottawa
georvu wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks!!
Not sure about A4 specifically, but usually the sensor is only on one of the pads (each side has two) on one side (driver or passenger) per axle, i.e. only 2 of the 8 pads are actually monitored. So they only work if the pads are wearing evenly.

Having said that it is super easy to check them yourself. Just looking thru the wheel and check it yourself. If you are comfortable to take off the wheel then take them off to check the inner pad. Otherwise just use a mirror.

There is (usually) no $ saving doing both at the same time. Only time saving for you.