Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 9:19 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18901 posts
4120 upvotes
Toronto
You do know the dealer will end up passing the cost onto the consumers .. it could be labelled as dealership facility improvement fee $299. Winking Face Changing out all signages could easily run into $50,000.

Fiddilixx wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:54 pm
Wow I just checked Audi Mississauga and even that dealership uses the old logo on their main dealership signs.

Seriously, whats the deal with the previous Audi logo from 30 years ago being used on Audi dealerships? Seems super cheap for any brand, let alone a luxury brand to not update their main symbol after so many years.

Apr 11, 2009
73 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:29 pm
You do know the dealer will end up passing the cost onto the consumers .. it could be labelled as dealership facility improvement fee $299. Winking Face Changing out all signages could easily run into $50,000.
That's so jokes lol but sounds so real at the same time Neutral Face
Aug 8, 2006
297 posts
38 upvotes
Mikeit wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:05 am
Hi - I’ve run into a strange situation trying to buy a 2014 A4 from an Audi dealer. Short story - I found a car I liked and made an offer with deposit. After signing the offer, I was told that the car was subject to an Audi recall (80C5) for issues with the auxiliary heater and I’d have to wait for it to be fixed before the car could be delivered to me.

It’s been a couple of weeks and the dealer can’t tell me when Audi will provide the dealership with the information they need to fix it.

Does anyone have any idea when dealers will be able to start fixing these recalls? Also wondering what my rights are if I want to get my deposit back.

Thanks!
They are supposed to disclose any information about repairs prior to your purchasing. If this is an official dealership, is the vehicle CPO? And then you can ask them how the vehicle could have been certified CPO if the recall issue was not repaired.

Further the fact its taking 'weeks' to repair and deliver the sale of a vehicle sounds incredibly shady. I'd read up on your rights and then demand to speak with management for immediate resolution, or request your deposit back.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/buying-new- ... our-rights
https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Consumer ... sures.aspx
Dec 5, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
phez wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:04 pm
They are supposed to disclose any information about repairs prior to your purchasing. If this is an official dealership, is the vehicle CPO? And then you can ask them how the vehicle could have been certified CPO if the recall issue was not repaired.

Further the fact its taking 'weeks' to repair and deliver the sale of a vehicle sounds incredibly shady. I'd read up on your rights and then demand to speak with management for immediate resolution, or request your deposit back.
Thanks - it is CPO, which is why they can’t deliver it. I agree they should have mentioned it prior to offer being signed.

Thanks for the links. I spoke to them today and they have offered to cancel the offer if I want.

2013 to 2015 A4s are under recall to get the auxiliary heater fixed (fire hazard) so Audi dealers are sitting with a bunch of CPO cars they can’t move until they get the fix from Audi. The recall was issued in October and nobody seems to know when Audi will send out parts / instructions. It also looks like a big job - dissembling dash etc to get to and replace the aux heater.

So things look better now but I still don’t have a car. Looks like I’m going to have to find a different MY if I want one anytime soon.