Automotive

Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2018 12:02 pm
Sep 22, 2017
22 posts
4 upvotes
I'm currently leasing an Audi. The lease ends in September. Can I extend the lease? For how long? How much of a down payment can I put on a leased vehicle?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21860 posts
6874 upvotes
Toronto
ScaryJerry wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:31 am
I'm currently leasing an Audi. The lease ends in September. Can I extend the lease? For how long? How much of a down payment can I put on a leased vehicle?
If you are continuing with another Audi lease, then I believe you can extend. If not, I don’t see how Audi will let you do this with uncertain number of months of extension
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1546 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
Buying a 2012 Audi Q5 Premium Plus with around 70-80 thousand km on it. Will likely be an off-lease vehicle, regularly serviced at an Audi dealer. Anything to look out for in particular?
Edit: It will be the 2.0 one with Turbo

Only common issues I've come across so far are:

- Burning through oil (Stage one oil consumption fix typically costs around $250)
- license plate filler panel on the grille, they are known to bubble and peel
Sep 22, 2017
22 posts
4 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:55 am
If you are continuing with another Audi lease, then I believe you can extend. If not, I don’t see how Audi will let you do this with uncertain number of months of extension
Well I assume Audi would say "sure, you can extend for a maximum of X months"
Dec 20, 2006
367 posts
100 upvotes
When do you take delivery? (or have you already?)

Even with the minor quirks the Q5 is a fantastic SUV.
jgerald wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 3:14 pm
Finally sealed the deal and signed the papers on a 2018 Q5 Technik. I hope I won't regret this.

I felt like I got a great deal and I'd like to return the favor to my contact. So anyone seriously interested, I'd be happy to refer you. Just PM.
the internet is serious business.
Jan 26, 2010
253 posts
3 upvotes
jgerald wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 3:14 pm
Finally sealed the deal and signed the papers on a 2018 Q5 Technik. I hope I won't regret this.

I felt like I got a great deal and I'd like to return the favor to my contact. So anyone seriously interested, I'd be happy to refer you. Just PM.
Hi Would you mind sharing the Pricing info,
just looking for one ..
Aug 16, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
It's going be a 2-3 month wait I was told as it was an order. But I don't mind the wait. I can push out getting winter tires until next winter.

Yeah, I've read so many reviews before pulling the trigger.

However I'm still perplexed by the lack of information on the new EA888 engine and the DL382 tranny on the 2018 Q5. Would really like to know where they're built and if they've been used in other applications other than the B9 A4s that I've been reading about.

Do you have any info on these or where might find more details?
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:15 am
When do you take delivery? (or have you already?)

Even with the minor quirks the Q5 is a fantastic SUV.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5632 posts
494 upvotes
ScaryJerry wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 2:05 pm
Well I assume Audi would say "sure, you can extend for a maximum of X months"
No extension unless you lease or buy another Audi vehicle which isn't available readily. In that case, they extend the lease until the new car arrives. I asked before when I leased an A4.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4236 posts
520 upvotes
Caledon
Customers who visit the Audi Display at the CIAS, and provide their email address and contact information, will be eligible to receive a complimentary 48-Month Audi After Care (AAC) Gold Appearance Protection Plan from Audi Finance. Customers must lease or finance a new Audi through Audi Finance by May 31st, 2018, in order to qualify for this
offer.
Customers will be sent a follow-up email immediately after the CIAS which will contain a unique PIN code. The Customer is required to present the PIN code to their Dealer to claim their complimentary 48-Month Audi After Care Gold Appearance Protection Plan.

Contact your dealer for details.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1449 posts
303 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 2:03 pm
Customers who visit the Audi Display at the CIAS, and provide their email address and contact information, will be eligible to receive a complimentary 48-Month Audi After Care (AAC) Gold Appearance Protection Plan from Audi Finance. Customers must lease or finance a new Audi through Audi Finance by May 31st, 2018, in order to qualify for this
offer.
Customers will be sent a follow-up email immediately after the CIAS which will contain a unique PIN code. The Customer is required to present the PIN code to their Dealer to claim their complimentary 48-Month Audi After Care Gold Appearance Protection Plan.

Contact your dealer for details.
does the S5 qualify? Also what is the lead time for the S5 delivery in Toronto
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4236 posts
520 upvotes
Caledon
utopianbl wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:16 pm
does the S5 qualify? Also what is the lead time for the S5 delivery in Toronto
All models qualify, provided customers take delivery of their vehicles no later than May 31st.

A new order could take as long as 4 months. There're some units available, I could check what availability is like. Email me details.
Sep 22, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 7:52 am
All models qualify, provided customers take delivery of their vehicles no later than May 31st.
I intend to order an A5 Sportback, I was told it will take 3 - 4 months. Will I be eligible for the program as well? Since technically the car will arrive after May 31st but I will order in the next 2 weeks.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4236 posts
520 upvotes
Caledon
AllenY834333 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2018 4:30 am
I intend to order an A5 Sportback, I was told it will take 3 - 4 months. Will I be eligible for the program as well? Since technically the car will arrive after May 31st but I will order in the next 2 weeks.
You need to take delivery of the vehicle no later than May 31st.
Jan 27, 2009
224 posts
5 upvotes
Pointe-claire
curious, would anybody be aware whether Audi is notoriously cheap in regards to trade in value appraisals? I have a 2014 A4 with 50K KMs, in great shape, and two different Audi dealers offered ridiculous amounts(like $5k less than what I expected). This is also using a scenario where I'm buying a 2018 Allroad, so using that balance against the new purchase
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21860 posts
6874 upvotes
Toronto
depends on where you are sourcing your anticipating trade in value. By all means, do get a few more appraisals done at other Audi dealers before you commit to trade it in or sell it privately.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)