• Dec 13th, 2018 1:31 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7766 posts
4541 upvotes
Markham
FrozenFinger wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:12 am
Because I'd drain the battery before I reach my first stop for the day and I'd be left with a 1.4 liter engine pulling a 1600kg car :/ any fuel savings will be lost instantaneously. Plus what's the point of an Audi if it drives worse than a Micra right:D
How's the Golf maintenance wise? I hear stories of DPFs going bad rather quickly, any issues with yours?
If you buy a TDI it would have an 11 year 260k km warranty on the powertrain and emissions. So you don't really have to worry about anything. If the car hasn't had their stage 2 fix yet, you may get a new DPF anyway. Maintenance wise it's pretty expensive, but I do the work myself so its cheaper. If you don't do it yourself, all the maintenance stuff is rather expensive like fuel filters, VW504/507 oil (low-ash), etc...

As for the A3 e-tron, the 1.4T engine is really frugal. If you do pure city on hybrid drive, expect in the low 4-5L/100km range. It's also not slow, people think its a mule but it goes from 0 to 100km/h in 6.6 seconds which is GTI territory... assuming you have stuff left in the battery. If you don't then it's just over 9 seconds, which is slightly slower than the TDI.
Last edited by Anikiri on Nov 6th, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2018
55 posts
74 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:23 am

If you buy a TDI it would have a 11 year 260k km warranty on the powertrain and emissions. So you don't really have to worry about anything. If the car hasn't had their stage 2 fix yet, you may get a new DPF anyway. Maintenance wise it's pretty expensive, but I do the work myself so its cheaper. If you don't do it yourself, all the maintenance stuff is rather expensive like fuel filters, VW504/507 oil (low-ash), etc...

As for the A3 e-tron, the 1.4T engine is really frugal. If you do pure city on hybrid drive, expect in the low 5L/100km range. It's also not slow, people think its a mule but it goes from 0 to 100km/h in 6.6 seconds... assuming you have stuff left in the battery. If you don't then it's just over 9 seconds, which is slightly slower than the TDI.
Doesn't doing the work yourself void that warranty? If not I'd be all over it. I enjoy doing the work myself, it changes from my daily job and gives me an excuse to buy tools and gadgets. Rockauto and Canadian Tire's German Castrol sales for $27 a jug are my best friends (:

I'll check out an e-tron if I find one, they are even more rare than the diesels!
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7766 posts
4541 upvotes
Markham
FrozenFinger wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:35 am
Doesn't doing the work yourself void that warranty? If not I'd be all over it. I enjoy doing the work myself, it changes from my daily job and gives me an excuse to buy tools and gadgets. Rockauto and Canadian Tire's German Castrol sales for $27 a jug are my best friends (:

I'll check out an e-tron if I find one, they are even more rare than the diesels!
Doing the work yourself does not void the warranty, you just have to make sure you get the right stuff. Keep all receipts if there is a problem and you need to prove you've done all the work.

German Castrol does not meet VW504/507, it will clog the DPF if you use it. At this point you have to get some other oil that's VW504/507 like Castrol Professional SLX-II 5W30 or Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0W30 that meet or exceed VW504/507. German Castrol is for VW502 which would meet the A3 e-tron specs.
Last edited by Anikiri on Nov 6th, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2018
55 posts
74 upvotes
Thanks, at $80 for 6L it is pricey! But seriously regular maintenance items such as oil etc arent a deal braker for me. I've got an immaculate 2014 e350 coupe that I drive on the weekends and an oil change at the dealer is $200... just did B service(read oil, filter change, visual inspection) for $600.

Do you regret getting diesel over gas?

Anikiri wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:38 am
Doing the work yourself does not void the warranty, you just have to make sure you get the right stuff. Keep all receipts if there is a problem and you need to prove you've done all the work.

German Castrol does not meet VW504/507, it will clog the DPF if you use it. At this point you have to get some other oil that's VW504/507 like Castrol Professional SL-II 5W30 or Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0W30 that meet or exceed VW504/507. German Castrol is for VW502 which would meet the A3 e-tron specs.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7766 posts
4541 upvotes
Markham
FrozenFinger wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 12:19 pm
Thanks, at $80 for 6L it is pricey! But seriously regular maintenance items such as oil etc arent a deal braker for me. I've got an immaculate 2014 e350 coupe that I drive on the weekends and an oil change at the dealer is $200... just did B service(read oil, filter change, visual inspection) for $600.

Do you regret getting diesel over gas?
I love diesels. I wished there are still diesels out there to buy. Not much picking though.

If I had a choice, I'd always buy diesels. Amazing low-end torque and full bodied fun to drive.
Nov 4, 2018
4 posts
Hi, The front left headlight of my Audi Q5 2010 is not working. Getting " Left dipped headlight / main beam headlight" error on dashboard. My questions are -
1. Will changing the bulb resolve this issue?
2. How difficult is it to change bulb on our own?
3. Which bulb should I purchase? any links?
May 21, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
hi,
what do think about th E-tron,
it is a new SUV
electric with samller rang than the M3 and X,,,
and higher price than atleast the Model 3
Nov 10, 2018
198 posts
71 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:38 am
Perhaps for the 4 year 80k, but Audi's new extended warranty program prohibits just that. In particular, section 12a:

"12. CONTRACT HOLDER'S MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
a. To keep this Contract in force, You must maintain Your Vehicle to the standards set forth in Your Owner's Manual. Without limiting the
generality of the foregoing, You must have Your Vehicle checked and serviced in accordance with Our recommendations as outlined in
Your Owner’s Manual. Your Owner’s Manual lists different servicing recommendations based on Your individual driving habits and
climate conditions. You are required to follow Our maintenance schedule that applies to Your driving habits and climate conditions.
Failure to follow Our recommendations that apply to Your specific driving habits and climate conditions will result in the denial of any
claim under this Contract.
b. It is required that verifiable receipts be retained for such service work. You may not conduct Your own service work including, but not
limited to, oil change and timing belt replacement work.

"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9501 posts
1240 upvotes
Hi,

Any idea on 2019 A5 SB interest rates and residuals for 3/4 yr lease?

Thanks
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4233 posts
520 upvotes
Caledon
aquariaguy wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 10:50 pm
Hi,

Thanks
No definite time, soon I hope. I'm using rates and RV for 2018MY from a year ago to estimate payments.
Nov 10, 2018
198 posts
71 upvotes
Does anyone know what the dealer holdback is for new car Audi sales? Is it the same for all models?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4233 posts
520 upvotes
Caledon
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 9:18 am
Does anyone know what the dealer holdback is for new car Audi sales? Is it the same for all models?
What's a holdback? What we make above invoice? If so, I don't even know, and I've been with the brand for 17 years. It's a figure that varies dependent on many factors; CSI for boh sales and service, meeting quotas, exceeding quotas, etc.
Believe me, you will be wasting your time if your plan is to try to negotiate on this.
Nov 10, 2018
198 posts
71 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 10:00 am
What's a holdback? What we make above invoice? If so, I don't even know, and I've been with the brand for 17 years. It's a figure that varies dependent on many factors; CSI for boh sales and service, meeting quotas, exceeding quotas, etc.
Believe me, you will be wasting your time if your plan is to try to negotiate on this.
Just to answer your question: https://www.truecar.com/blog/2011/06/27 ... -holdback/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d ... e22062170/
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4233 posts
520 upvotes
Caledon
aquariaguy wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 10:50 pm
Hi,

Thanks
We now have them:

Rates are 3.9% fro 36 and 4.9% for 48 months

Residual Value

36 months - 25k: 56%
48 months - 25k: 49%

Add 2% for 20,000 km/yr