Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 10:48 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21821 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
he is talking about sales target incentive that factory rewards dealers for having met the sales figures for certain time milestone. I guess he wants a slice of the pie too (more potential discount since the dealer invoice for the car is lowered than another dealer whose cost may be somewhat higher based on their sales figures)
Nov 10, 2018
125 posts
48 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 10:17 am
he is talking about sales target incentive that factory rewards dealers for having met the sales figures for certain time milestone. I guess he wants a slice of the pie too (more potential discount since the dealer invoice for the car is lowered than another dealer whose cost may be somewhat higher based on their sales figures)
"she", but yes, right on point. That said unhaggle is my friend as I start my negotiating from there. :)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21821 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 10:18 am
"she", but yes, right on point. That said unhaggle is my friend as I start my negotiating from there. :)
sorry. that's why nobody knows the "real/net" invoice cost of a car (once that incentive is factored in)

Anyway, no dealers out there will pass on that kind of savings to consumers. that is added to the dealers' bottom line and pay out partially as bonuses to everyone. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 10, 2018
125 posts
48 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 10:22 am
sorry. that's why nobody knows the "real/net" invoice cost of a car (once that incentive is factored in)

Anyway, no dealers out there will pass on that kind of savings to consumers. that is added to the dealers' bottom line and pay out partially as bonuses to everyone. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Interestingly enough my dealer talked to me about this and even told me larger dealerships get more holdback so that is why they can sell cars at cost and give some money back as a rebate.

I don't know how true that is but I like the honesty. Or alleged honesty.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4226 posts
519 upvotes
Caledon
booblehead wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 10:17 am
It's an uncertain figure, thus not negotiable. CCC nor Unhaggle know what it is, or myself for that matter.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21821 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 10:25 am
Interestingly enough my dealer talked to me about this and even told me larger dealerships get more holdback so that is why they can sell cars at cost and give some money back as a rebate.

I don't know how true that is but I like the honesty. Or alleged honesty.

The best way to buy is to shop around with all the dealers in your local area and pay what you feel is the 'rock bottom' price a dealer is willing to give you.

Being a big volume dealer may be able to sell to you at a slightly better price because they need to get rid of the car more quickly and while trying to minimize paying out interest and other overhead costs as the cars are sitting on the lots. For them, managing costs may have a bit higher priority than trying to maximize margin on a per car basis.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4226 posts
519 upvotes
Caledon
Private Sale happening at most GTA dealers starting today and ending Saturday

Aside from all the cash incentives offered by Audi Canada, we're also offering a 1% rate reduction applicable to 2018 MY vehicles purchased by Saturday and delivered/picked up by November 30th.

Savings

- Get lease and finance rates from 0.9% on select models!*
- 1% loyalty-rate reduction available for eligible Audi Owners!*
- Additional 1% Private Sales Event rate reduction bonus!*
- Lease Pull-Ahead offer of up to 3 payments waived on existing Audi Finance lease contracts!*
- $1,000 Audi Enhancement Bonus!* (Limited quantities)*

* Contact your Audi dealer for details.
Aug 20, 2012
15 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Hi,

Apologies for the long story and thanks for any advice.

I purchased a CPO 2015 SQ5 from an Audi dealer a few weeks ago and have been expriencing some major headaches.

First, when I initially test drove the car the A/C control unit was malfunctioning - AC was functioning but there was no display and no lights. It would occasionally come back on. The dealership assured me they would diagnose the problem and replace if necessary before picking up the car. ok (maybe this should have raised some red flags) but I figured CPO warranty will protect me in case any future issues.

Aside from that the car was in very clean condition inside and out and drove great. I made a deal on the car that I was happy with and looked forward to picking up the car.

The day came and I picked up the car and of course on the drive home the AC display unit started acting up. I called immediately and they pretty much owned up to not having done anything because they couldn’t replicate it in the shop. They asked me to send a picture of the dead display which I did. They said that was good enough and they ordered a replacement unit to do the swap. In the time while we were waiting for the part I had noticed that the oil level in the car was dropping rapidly. From full the day of pickup to 50% after 3 days. I notified them of this when I dropped the car off and was told they would look at it and was given a loaner car. The AC display was swapped and they said they found a fault with a valve that separates the oil fumes?? I kind of missed that part. But they said they would get the part and I should bring it back for them to install and do a consumption test.

All was good I thought.

Fast forward to last week, I was driving from Toronto to Peterborough in very heavy rain. About an hour into the drive all headlights in the car failed. No high beams or low beams or fog lights. High beams did not respond to any input from me. Thank god it wasn’t night time and I didn’t have my family in the car. Anyway I took the car into Audi later that afternoon and left it there for them. They gave me a loaner and and sent me on my way.

Turns out that the person who traded the car to the dealer had replaced the windshield with aftermarket glass and there was a leak. Water had gotten into a module and damaged the electrical. They said they would replace the glass with OEM and replace the damaged module - they also suggested that this was the likely cause of the AC display malfunction.

A few days passed and I haven’t heard from them. I call them and find out that my car is at their body shop for “paint touch ups” because they noticed some damage along the top seam where the glass meets the roof. I know for a fact there was no damage previously and have pictures which show this. I told him this and he didn’t deny that it was done by the technician but he didn’t acknowledge it either. I asked him to send me some pictures of the damage and have attached it.

I’m not an auto paint expert but this looks like a lot more than a touch up. I’m hoping for some advice as to how to approach this.
Images
  • 20AD9B80-BE78-44B4-809C-22D96D60F178.jpeg
Dec 4, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Geotx111 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 9:25 pm
Hi,

Apologies for the long story and thanks for any advice.

I purchased a CPO 2015 SQ5 from an Audi dealer a few weeks ago and have been expriencing some major headaches.

First, when I initially test drove the car the A/C control unit was malfunctioning - AC was functioning but there was no display and no lights. It would occasionally come back on. The dealership assured me they would diagnose the problem and replace if necessary before picking up the car. ok (maybe this should have raised some red flags) but I figured CPO warranty will protect me in case any future issues.

Aside from that the car was in very clean condition inside and out and drove great. I made a deal on the car that I was happy with and looked forward to picking up the car.

The day came and I picked up the car and of course on the drive home the AC display unit started acting up. I called immediately and they pretty much owned up to not having done anything because they couldn’t replicate it in the shop. They asked me to send a picture of the dead display which I did. They said that was good enough and they ordered a replacement unit to do the swap. In the time while we were waiting for the part I had noticed that the oil level in the car was dropping rapidly. From full the day of pickup to 50% after 3 days. I notified them of this when I dropped the car off and was told they would look at it and was given a loaner car. The AC display was swapped and they said they found a fault with a valve that separates the oil fumes?? I kind of missed that part. But they said they would get the part and I should bring it back for them to install and do a consumption test.

All was good I thought.

Fast forward to last week, I was driving from Toronto to Peterborough in very heavy rain. About an hour into the drive all headlights in the car failed. No high beams or low beams or fog lights. High beams did not respond to any input from me. Thank god it wasn’t night time and I didn’t have my family in the car. Anyway I took the car into Audi later that afternoon and left it there for them. They gave me a loaner and and sent me on my way.

Turns out that the person who traded the car to the dealer had replaced the windshield with aftermarket glass and there was a leak. Water had gotten into a module and damaged the electrical. They said they would replace the glass with OEM and replace the damaged module - they also suggested that this was the likely cause of the AC display malfunction.

A few days passed and I haven’t heard from them. I call them and find out that my car is at their body shop for “paint touch ups” because they noticed some damage along the top seam where the glass meets the roof. I know for a fact there was no damage previously and have pictures which show this. I told him this and he didn’t deny that it was done by the technician but he didn’t acknowledge it either. I asked him to send me some pictures of the damage and have attached it.

I’m not an auto paint expert but this looks like a lot more than a touch up. I’m hoping for some advice as to how to approach this.
I guess it's too late to use the CPO 7 days/500 km exchange. That panel looks to be repainted, best to ask the dealer to show you paint depth on various panels of the car to see what else was repainted. Perhaps you can still use the missing reported damages on CarProof for them to treat you right. It seems after you purchased the vehicle only then did the dealer apply the real fixes instead of the previous band aid solution. I don't have a warm feeling of German car with water damage to dashboard electronics.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4226 posts
519 upvotes
Caledon
Geotx111 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 9:25 pm
Do you have any factory warranty left from the original 4/80 warranty?
Nov 10, 2018
125 posts
48 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jun 1st, 2010 12:46 pm
I just bought a flagship Audi model at 1% margin.

This is too good to be true but it is now signed. I guess there is a holdback incentive?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)