Automotive

Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 7:21 pm
Jan 29, 2013
31 posts
1 upvote
Hi Booblehead and richuwu01,

Thank you so much for your responses. I appreciate both perspectives you've provided.

Thanks
Feb 13, 2020
89 posts
28 upvotes
Hi Guys,

Is it a good deal on A3? It is a formal Fleet vehicle. Should I touch it?
A3, 2018

What should be a good price ?

Thanks
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
+1

13,000km of abuse by hundreds of people.

Current asking price wise is above what I would call it decent (for ex-rental).
Feb 13, 2020
89 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks,

what would be a correct price to offer ( if i still buy a fleet car :) )
booblehead wrote: +1

13,000km of abuse by hundreds of people.

Current asking price wise is above what I would call it decent (for ex-rental).
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.emdacars.com/inventory/used/w/17360766

here is a 2019 same car asking $27.8K.

For 2018, I would say $23K + taxes . Do check the carfax first, if it looks ok, then check it out in person for overall appearances and do an extended test drive to see if there are any engine, tranny and other mechanical issues.

https://www.caledonchrysler.ca/used/Aud ... 2d31f1.htm

Do note this example is a FWD. If it is an AWD, then I would think dealer would be asking $26.5K range
Feb 13, 2020
89 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks

and $26.5K should be a price for Fleet or personal use car ? Should a fleet car be even cheaper ?
booblehead wrote: https://www.emdacars.com/inventory/used/w/17360766

here is a 2019 same car asking $27.8K.

For 2018, I would say $23K + taxes . Do check the carfax first, if it looks ok, then check it out in person for overall appearances and do an extended test drive to see if there are any engine, tranny and other mechanical issues.

https://www.caledonchrysler.ca/used/Aud ... 2d31f1.htm

Do note this example is a FWD. If it is an AWD, then I would think dealer would be asking $26.5K range
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
I am just projecting $26.5K as the asking price by dealer, assuming the history shows this was from personal use and clean. Offering would probably be around $24.5K - $25K + taxes for this example.

ex-rental has way too many unknown risks and variables. People do abuse this kind of car since it does not belong to them. Therefore, this type of car should be offered significantly less, IMO as you are assuming more risks.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
bkjeszZ wrote: Hi yow2kvil,

I did see this one but it's out of province. I'm worried I won't be able to test the car. Hence I considered only looking at cars from dealership close by to my home.
you can use this price point for reference when negotiating with your local dealer. $56K is not outrageous for this example and can probably be worked down to $53.5K range (if dealer wants to play ball and get rid of it)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
Audi Uptown is the most sexist dealer I have ever been to. I was completely disregarded when I was buying my A8 and the salesperson kept on asking if I was buying a gift for my husband and didn't take me seriously.

Two weeks after that incident I showed up with a fully loaded A8 and told off the sales person for his complete lack of professionalism, and shot a note to the President of Audi tearing the sales person to shreds.

It doesn't surprise me they're trying to take people to the cleaners.

I get it, they're servicing Markham/Richmond Hill which are full of a bunch of kids with rich parents, but IMHO what they did to me still pisses me off to no end, even today.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Feb 4, 2004
175 posts
138 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: Audi Uptown is the most sexist dealer I have ever been to. I was completely disregarded when I was buying my A8 and the salesperson kept on asking if I was buying a gift for my husband and didn't take me seriously.

Two weeks after that incident I showed up with a fully loaded A8 and told off the sales person for his complete lack of professionalism, and shot a note to the President of Audi tearing the sales person to shreds.

I get it, they're servicing Markham/Richmond Hill which are full of a bunch of kids with rich parents, but IMHO what they did to me still pisses me off to no end, even today.
did you get a reply back? what was the salesguys response? Would be interesting to hear....
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
strike66 wrote: did you get a reply back? what was the salesguys response? Would be interesting to hear....
Got an apology from some corporate rep and a GM apology from their dealership as well.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Apr 11, 2009
676 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: Audi Uptown is the most sexist dealer I have ever been to. I was completely disregarded when I was buying my A8 and the salesperson kept on asking if I was buying a gift for my husband and didn't take me seriously.

Got our Audi at Uptown but our SA was super chill and cool. But I probably would not return to Uptown once the lease is up....I have been going to Midtown for all my service.
Seems like they only care about the rich Asian kids with $$$
Feb 18, 2012
69 posts
82 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
If you're here trying to buy a car right now, I'd seriously reconsider it. These car manufacturers are hurting, bad. Check out this article, https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... ustry/amp/

I wouldn't be surprised to see 0% financing across the board and some serious discounts this year. There is no way any of these companies can stay afloat if they don't. I'm personally waiting for 0% financing and a price drop for a 2017ish SQ5.
Sep 10, 2018
85 posts
57 upvotes
booblehead wrote: 2019 Audi S5 Sportback 3.0T Technik quattro 8sp Tiptronic Head Up Display. Does not seem to have any performance options add on.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/audi/s5/van ... =8&sprx=-2

This one is priced reasonably, IMO.
i'm on the lookout for an A5 sportback as well.. but i'm not too knowledgeable on their Komfort/Progressiv/Technik packages, do you know what the technik has over the progressiv?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1676 posts
1424 upvotes
Toronto
RamanjitS96770 wrote: i'm on the lookout for an A5 sportback as well.. but i'm not too knowledgeable on their Komfort/Progressiv/Technik packages, do you know what the technik has over the progressiv?
Full list can be found on their website but the two biggest changes are the Virtual Cockpit and the B&O sound system. IMO the B&O sound system is amazing and that alone is worth it. The virtual cockpit is cool and I get a lot of compliments on it but when its your daily driver you wont be tinkering with the displays very much. I have also driven quite a few progressiv loaners and their analog/LCD displays are very good as well