Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 6:45 pm
Dec 4, 2017
15 posts
9 upvotes
wesleytoh wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:12 am
For the A4, is adaptive cruise control solely a feature available in the Advanced Driver's Assistance(ADA) package on the A4 or is it just the addition of stop and go + LKA capability in the ADA package?
You need to buy Advanced Driver's Assistance package to get Adaptive Cruise as it adds a pair of radars to the front bumper. Lane Keep uses the camera on front windshield but Audi groups it with ADA package unlike other manufacturers. Stop and go uses both camera (lane keep) and radar (distance).
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
ScaryJerry wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 8:34 pm
Do the 2019 S5 and S4 come with parking assistant? The US models do but I don't see it listed on the Audi Canada website under the 2019 models.
Not for us.
Jan 8, 2011
552 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 8:24 am
^ likely waiting for certification. MB cars are in the same situation as most of them have been sitting at Halifax for as long as 6+ months.
It's interesting, I wonder what new certifications were needed for 2019. The S5 is a carry over from 2018.
Jan 8, 2011
552 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
flavious99 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 4:03 am
I see the 2019 Audi S5/S5 Sportback can now be built on audi.ca. I noticed a decrease in horsepower from 354 to 349.
You were able to order 2019's from the dealer ~5 months ago Not sure when this car is going to get released. Might need to look at an alternate vehicle soon.
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
Backlight wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:10 pm
It's interesting, I wonder what new certifications were needed for 2019. The S5 is a carry over from 2018.
Pretty ridiculous as 2020s will be a few months away by the time 2019s come. For Mercedes as well.
Dec 26, 2018
1 posts
Are there any Audi credit discounts/incentives applicable to 2018 MY Certified Plus cars?
Looking at Progressiv A4 for my wife and would like to make a deal prior to Jan. 2nd if possible.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sep 11, 2017
22 posts
3 upvotes
anyone know If the cost for Audi Mechanical Breakdown Protection are all the same across canada? or different dealers set their own price. Also, is this kind of Protection can only be use in the dealership where you bought the plan?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
Sh2323 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 5:09 pm
anyone know If the cost for Audi Mechanical Breakdown Protection are all the same across canada? or different dealers set their own price. Also, is this kind of Protection can only be use in the dealership where you bought the plan?

Thanks
Same across Canada. It's based on mileage and you can buy it at a different dealer. Price is dependent on when you are buying it (new versus, say, 3 years in -mileage is a factor too). The longer the term and the higher the mileage = the more advantageous it is for you to buy it when the car is new.

That said, insurance (auto) will not cover your MBP price paid if your vehicle is a total loss before the 4 years is up if you've paid for depreciation insurance. MBP will NOT refund you ANYTHING if your car is a total loss prior to the MBP coverage kicking in.

Interesting numbers to note. If you are a LOW mileage driver, the math works in your favor to NOT buy until after the 4 years/80k is up. It's actually cheaper to buy MBP for 10 year 80k right before your 4 year 80 k warranty is up then when new.

Note: Those fringe cases do not apply at say the 8 year 120k MBP warranty where you are incentivized by $975* to buy at time of purchase. That said, to me, I'm willing to risk $975 because of the 4.9% interest and in case the car is a total loss or if I choose to trade the vehicle in at the end of the first 4 years.

Profit margin for all plans is $1500 across the board.

The local Audi rep here probably hates me now based on all the information I have divulged... :D

Long live RFD.

Before anyone asks, I have the prices for every single option for my vehicle :)

* ^ numbers above are based on MBP for the Audi A8. I recognize that pricing is different for all models but the general trends should remain the same.

When buying MBP please recognize pricing is largely dependent on the deductible. If you want to a $0 deductible, your plan will cost more, but the math is clear. If you visit the dealer more than 7 times for the entirety of the MBP, you're better off buying a $0 deductible.

Deductible savings for the plan up front:

$50 deductible: 13% off
$100 deductible: 20% off
$250 deductible: 30% off
Last edited by angryaudifanatic on Dec 27th, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
Sh2323 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 5:09 pm
, is this kind of Protection can only be use in the dealership where you bought the plan?

Thanks
No, it can be used at any Audi dealer.
Sep 11, 2017
22 posts
3 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 5:18 pm
Same across Canada. It's based on mileage and you can buy it at a different dealer. Price is dependent on when you are buying it (new versus, say, 3 years in -mileage is a factor too). The longer the term and the higher the mileage = the more advantageous it is for you to buy it when the car is new.

That said, insurance (auto) will not cover your MBP price paid if your vehicle is a total loss before the 4 years is up if you've paid for depreciation insurance. MBP will NOT refund you ANYTHING if your car is a total loss prior to the MBP coverage kicking in.

Interesting numbers to note. If you are a LOW mileage driver, the math works in your favor to NOT buy until after the 4 years/80k is up. It's actually cheaper to buy MBP for 10 year 80k right before your 4 year 80 k warranty is up then when new.

Note: Those fringe cases do not apply at say the 8 year 120k MBP warranty where you are incentivized by $975* to buy at time of purchase. That said, to me, I'm willing to risk $975 because of the 4.9% interest and in case the car is a total loss or if I choose to trade the vehicle in at the end of the first 4 years.

Profit margin for all plans is $1500 across the board.

The local Audi rep here probably hates me now based on all the information I have divulged... :D

Long live RFD.

Before anyone asks, I have the prices for every single option for my vehicle :)

* ^ numbers above are based on MBP for the Audi A8. I recognize that pricing is different for all models but the general trends should remain the same.

When buying MBP please recognize pricing is largely dependent on the deductible. If you want to a $0 deductible, your plan will cost more, but the math is clear. If you visit the dealer more than 7 times for the entirety of the MBP, you're better off buying a $0 deductible.

Deductible savings for the plan up front:

$50 deductible: 13% off
$100 deductible: 20% off
$250 deductible: 30% off
the most detailed reply ever. Thank you very much.
Sep 11, 2017
22 posts
3 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 5:22 pm
No, it can be used at any Audi dealer.
Thank you Afretes
Banned
Sep 22, 2017
94 posts
58 upvotes
Is Mechanical Breakdown Protection extended roadside assistance? I've never heard of it and have never had it offered to me.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

darevil