Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 6:45 pm
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 8:43 pm
Yes, AFAIK. We'll see what we get tomorrow for January.
So what’s new for Jan?
May 2, 2012
84 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
When the e-tron is released, will there be charging stations like Tesla? Where can the car be charged other than at home?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
January Programs

2018MY Eligible Models - Total Stackable Credit
A3/S3 Sedan - $2,500
A3 Cabriolet - $2,000
A4/S4 Sedan - $3,000
A4 Allroad - $2,000
A5/S5 Coupé - $2,500
A5/S5 Sportback - $1,500
A6 Sedan - $3,500
S6 Sedan - $2,500
A7 Sportback - $4,500
S7 Sportback - $3,500
RS 7 Sportback - $2,000
A8/S8 - $8,500
TT/TTS Coupé / TT Roadster - $1,000
Q3 - $2,500
Q5 - $1,000
SQ5 - $1,500
Q7 - $3,000

January will be the last month of lease rate support for the following models:
► A3 Cabriolet
► A3 e-tron
► A4 Sedan/A4 allroad
► A5/S5 Coupé
► A5/S5 Sportback
► A5/S5 Cabriolet
► Q5/SQ5
► TT/TTS Coupe and TT Roadster

2019MY Eligible Models - Total Stackable Credit
A3 Sedan - $500
A4 Sedan - $1,000

2019MY A6/A7 Early Renewal Bonus
For a limited time, the 2019MY A6 and A7 will now be eligible for 2% early renewal bonus rate reduction on new lease and finance contracts with Audi Finance.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
ScaryJerry wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 7:12 pm
Is Mechanical Breakdown Protection extended roadside assistance? I've never heard of it and have never had it offered to me.
Huh? Extended roadside assistance is offered with MBP, but they are not the same thing.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
Is Ascari Blue available on the 19 a5 sportback? Saw a few pictures of it online with the black optics trim, but it's not in the online configurator.
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:05 am
Yes, but only with sline black pkg.
Is there an added cost compared to the other metallics?
Aug 7, 2017
292 posts
237 upvotes
rfdmember99 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 9:49 am
When the e-tron is released, will there be charging stations like Tesla? Where can the car be charged other than at home?
Not sure dealers have any answers on this stuff yet, although it doesn't look like the cars are showing up any time soon either.

I don't think VWAG will have anything like the Tesla Supercharger network for a long time, even with all the "Electrify America/Canada" stuff. As far as I can tell there is still no map or concrete plan for where chargers will be here in Canada, which is concerning. If the cars are about to be delivered, I'd expect a ton more information to be coming out on locations, planning/construction progress etc - you can only assume none of that is happening yet.

If you really need charging while out and about, you can probably still use networks like Chargepoint, albeit at slower speeds. This will suck for road trips though as you need to plan in long stops to find them and wait for hours versus a 20-30 min stop with a Tesla. TBH I probably wouldn't buy a e-Tron right now for exactly this reason if I thought I'd be doing any kind of long distance travel during the year - I don't want an EV with compromises, especially for the $$$$.

My Tesla is treated exactly like my cellphone - plugin at night, wake up to full, use it all day then repeat. I never use Tesla Superchargers except on road trips, during which it's just a break for food/coffee. So this model will sort of work for the Audi, minus the road trips.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
2019 Audi e-tron quattro

We are pleased to announce that the all-new Audi e-tron 55 quattro will be available in Canada with a starting MSRP of $90,000. The e-tron will be offered with two trim lines, Progressiv and Technik.

The e-tron 55 quattro’s standard equipment, superior build quality, Audi styling cues and e-tron ecosystem provide a unique offering in the Canadian luxury C-SUV segment. Additionally, customers will receive 2 years of unlimited charging on the recently announced Electrify Canada network as well as standard Audi e-Care following our C and D segment strategy. For complete peace of mind, the battery includes an 8-year / 160,000 km warranty.

The standard-equipped 95kWh battery is complemented by the vehicle’s robust twin asynchronous motors with active internal cooling. This ensures a high reproducibility of performance. With the boost function activated, the e-tron 55 quattro can attain a 0-100km/h time of 5.7 seconds. For optimized range, there are three levels of energy recuperation that can be operated by the standard-equipped steering-mounted paddles.

The Audi e-tron 55 quattro features a standard 9.6kW charging capsule with charge clip wall mount. The charging capsule can charge an e-tron from 0-100% in approximately 9.4 hours (actual charging times will vary based on, but not limited to: battery state of charge, available voltage and current, resistance, and ambient temperature). For added convenience, the charging capsule includes a Level 1 charging cable (swappable with the Level 2 cable) with a standard wall outlet plug for the occasional battery top up. The Level 2 charging capability requires that a customer install a NEMA 14-50 plug receptacle and at least a dedicated capacity of 50 amps at home. It is recommended that customers evaluate their EV home readiness by speaking with a certified electrician prior to purchasing an Audi e-tron 55 quattro.

The Level 3 charging capability allows for up to 150kW of charging speed which is an industry first. The Electrify Canada charging station network will feature these 150kW high speed Level 3 stations and can charge an e-tron from 0-80% in less than 30 minutes (actual charging times will vary based on, but not limited to: battery state of charge, available voltage and current, resistance, and ambient temperature).

Standard Features

The Audi e-tron 55 quattro features standard adaptive air suspension with 5 different modes including Comfort, Automatic, Dynamic, offroad/allroad and Lift. The speed-sensitive ride level adapts to ensure improved aerodynamics to provide optimal range. The standard Audi drive select includes 7 different driving modes which include offroad, allroad, auto, efficiency, dynamic, individual and comfort.

The standard thermal management system with heat pump and two high voltage heaters use residual heat from the high voltage components to efficiently heat up the passenger cabin. With the standard comfort pre-conditioning customers will be able to remotely activate the heating/cooling functions in the vehicle via the myAudi App. Customers will also benefit from the ability of remotely activating window heating, seat heating, heated steering wheel and available ventilated seats!

The standard e-tron route planner provides peace of mind when your customers plan their next trip. The route planning feature will ensure travel along routes with fast charging stations and will dynamically adjust predicted future charging needs based on traffic and other range impacting variables. Route guidance can also be transferred between smartphone and MMI meaning when your customer arrives near their destination they can be guided on foot to their final destination.

Progressiv - MSRP: $90,000

Styling: 20" Wheels, Alu-optic roof rails, Alu-optic exterior kit, Stainless Steel door sills, Alu-optic window surround, Leather seating surfaces with contrast stitch (interior color dependent)

Technology: HD Matrix Design LED Headlights, Audi connect - Assistance & Security services, LED Daytime running lights, Audi connect - Navigation and Infotainment services plus, Self-Leveling headlights, Audi connect - e-tron services, LED Taillights with dynamic indicators, Audi MMI Navigation with Touch Response, Audi side assist, Thermal management system with heat pump, Audi virtual cockpit, Front & rear parking sensors, 9.6kW Charging Capsule w/ NEMA 14-50 (Lvl 1 & 2), Rear view camera, High beam assist

Comfort: Comfort preconditioning, Electric tilt / telescoping steering column, Charging capsule wall mount clip, Panoramic sunroof w/ electric sunshade, Power tailgate, Interior lighting package, 3-spoke heated steering wheel, Adaptive air suspension, Acoustic front windshield, USB Charge and data ports front & rear

Technik - MSRP: $98,000 (includes Progressiv content)

Styling: 20" Wheels 5-Arm Contrast Design, Instrument panel in leather with contrast stitch (interior color dependent), Aluminum control buttons with Haptic feedback, Illuminated door sills with aluminum inlay

Technology: Head up display, Audi Phone Box (LTE + Qi) w/ wireless charging, Audi Virtual Cockpit plus, B & O Premium 3D sound, Parking Aid plus with 360 display, Topview camera system

Comfort: Four-zone climate control, Power door closers, Front seat ventilation, Interior lighting package plus, Heated front & rear seats, Dual pane acoustic side windows, Four-way power lumbar for passenger seat, Rear side window sunshades, Wet-arm wipers, Audi puddle beam lights
Aug 7, 2017
292 posts
237 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:07 am
2019 Audi e-tron quattro

We are pleased to announce that the all-new Audi e-tron 55 quattro will be available in Canada with a starting MSRP of $90,000. The e-tron will be offered with two trim lines, Progressiv and Technik.
Thanks Alex, great to get some concrete info on this. I for one am with Elon Musk - I hope it's a big success along with lots of other EVs. Hopefully there's real effort from Audi to make it more than a niche vehicle in the lineup.

I do have a few questions having really looked hard at this as an option:
- What's the expected range?
- When do deliveries start?
- What servicing is required?
- Is there any official info on the "Electrify Canada network"? Google comes up with nothing. Specifically, if I drive Ottawa to Montreal or Ottawa to Toronto, are there L3 chargers along the way now or being built?
- Will these be in showrooms and available for test-drives?
- Are dealers incentivized to sell me one of these vs a gasser Q5 or is it direct sales only?

I understand if you don't know the answers yet either...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
I don't have the warranty book for the latest eTron, but for the one I have, it covers the A3 eTron. This bit below terrifies me. In Ontario, if you take a hot car, and park it in a garage and close the door, it easily gets above 50'C....for hours.

Does the resident Audi rep care to comment?
20190106_092910.jpg
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
bya1998 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:29 am
Thanks Alex, great to get some concrete info on this. I for one am with Elon Musk - I hope it's a big success along with lots of other EVs. Hopefully there's real effort from Audi to make it more than a niche vehicle in the lineup.

I do have a few questions having really looked hard at this as an option:
- What's the expected range?
- When do deliveries start?
- What servicing is required?
- Is there any official info on the "Electrify Canada network"? Google comes up with nothing. Specifically, if I drive Ottawa to Montreal or Ottawa to Toronto, are there L3 chargers along the way now or being built?
- Will these be in showrooms and available for test-drives?
- Are dealers incentivized to sell me one of these vs a gasser Q5 or is it direct sales only?

I understand if you don't know the answers yet either...
We don't have all the answers yet.
No confirmed range yet, but at first Audi mentioned 400/500 kms.
We should be getting them this summer sometime. We should have one at the Autoshow.
No idea on service.
No info on the "electrify Canada network".
We will have a demo for test drives.
We're incentivized to sell you ALL vehicles. We don't know how sales for the e-tron will be handled in the future. For now, only online through the Audi Canada website.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:35 am
I don't have the warranty book for the latest eTron, but for the one I have, it covers the A3 eTron. This bit below terrifies me. In Ontario, if you take a hot car, and park it in a garage and close the door, it easily gets above 50'C....for hours.

Does the resident Audi rep care to comment?
No need, what you posted is very clear.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)