Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 8:58 pm
Dec 20, 2006
387 posts
123 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:35 am
This bit below terrifies me. In Ontario, if you take a hot car, and park it in a garage and close the door, it easily gets above 50'C....for hours.
The cabin temperature may approach or exceed 50 degrees celsius but I have never seen the inside of a residential 1 or 2 car garage get anywhere near that, even on an extremely hot summers day, which I believe is what they're referring to when they talk about ambient temperature.
the internet is serious business.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2439 posts
2403 upvotes
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:48 am
The cabin temperature may approach or exceed 50 degrees celsius but I have never seen the inside of a residential 1 or 2 car garage get anywhere near that, even on an extremely hot summers day, which I believe is what they're referring to when they talk about ambient temperature.
Try it this summer. I know it's hard to believe, but seriously, give it a shot. After one too many times of walking into my garage in that scenario I finally got sick and tired of why I felt my garage was hotter than outside "in the shade". I was gobsmacked!

I have a 3 car garage and have 2 cars in it. Even if I only have one of those cars as 'hot' after driving it to the grocery store and back, my entire garage goes well above 50'C for hours. (when it's say 32'C/33'C outside).
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Dec 20, 2006
387 posts
123 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:53 am
I have a 3 car garage and have 2 cars in it. Even if I only have one of those cars as 'hot' after driving it to the grocery store and back, my entire garage goes well above 50'C for hours. (when it's say 32'C/33'C outside).
That's pretty crazy. I have a 2 car garage with 2 cars in it and even on the hottest day last summer it only hit 38. My garage also is pretty poorly insulated and allows tons of air to come in so in the winter it's pretty cold and pretty hot in the summer. Mind you, the reading which I'm going by is from the control panel for the garage door opener. I have no idea if it's accurate or not but I can't imagine it being that far off.
the internet is serious business.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2439 posts
2403 upvotes
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:10 am
That's pretty crazy. I have a 2 car garage with 2 cars in it and even on the hottest day last summer it only hit 38. My garage also is pretty poorly insulated and allows tons of air to come in so in the winter it's pretty cold and pretty hot in the summer. Mind you, the reading which I'm going by is from the control panel for the garage door opener. I have no idea if it's accurate or not but I can't imagine it being that far off.
Well, I think it's safe to say that right now, even if we try our hardest, it's impossible to test this :D

Give it a shot this summer! I used a proper thermometer. If you think about it, it's actually not that difficult to comprehend. The engine block is several hundred degrees centigrade. Even the exterior paint is well above 70C for dark coloured cars. You then take all of that surface area, both visible to the naked eye and not (Exhaust components etc which are also several hundred degrees), and you park that in a garage, close the door, and with the sun against the other side of the garage door baking that to 70-80'C as well....

One has a receipt for disaster, sadly.

I need to do something about this for my MHEV Audi that's on its way. LG Chem and Panasonic (and Sanyo) all supply the same time of battery for Audi MHEVs and proper hybrid, which is Lithium Ion batteries, and actually the cathode is Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide or (NMC) with the anode as graphite. Researching NMC batteries and their properties - carmakers chose them because they can store a tremendous amount of energy given the size/weight, and they retain energy well when stored at high temperature, BUT they do not last as long as LFP or other type of lithium ion batteries that don't use NMC as a cathode.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Aug 7, 2017
292 posts
237 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:43 am
We don't have all the answers yet.
No confirmed range yet, but at first Audi mentioned 400/500 kms.
We should be getting them this summer sometime. We should have one at the Autoshow.
No idea on service.
No info on the "electrify Canada network".
We will have a demo for test drives.
We're incentivized to sell you ALL vehicles. We don't know how sales for the e-tron will be handled in the future. For now, only online through the Audi Canada website.
Thanks Alex, appreciate the info.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
Looking for additional savings next time you want an Audi? Check this out:

Join the Audi Club North America (Western & Eastern Canada)

Step 1: Pick out your new Audi. Check the Audi CPP site. Talk to your salesperson (me!) before you buy: http://audicorporatepartner.ca/CE

Step 2: If it qualifies, join the club (about $CD$70). Use international member sign up: https://member.audiclubna.org/internati ... r/register

Welcome to the club!

Step 3: Email admin@audiclubna.org
- Your name, address and phone.
- The model you're buying.
- Dealership name and address.
- Your member number.
- Salesperson name and phone.
next business day, when your certificate email arrives, give it to your salesperson who will update your bill. DONE!

Eligible vehicles and allowances:

A3 / S3 / RS3 - $500
A4 / S4 / Allroad - $1,000
A5 / S5 / RS5 - $750
A6 - $1,000
A7 - $500
A8 - $1,000
Q5 / SQ5 - $500
Q7 - $1,000
Q8 - $250
TT / TTS / TTRS Coupe / TT Roadster - $500
Last edited by afretes on Jan 7th, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2439 posts
2403 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 4:01 pm

Step 1: Pick out your new Audi. Check the Audi CPP site. Talk to your salesperson (me!) before you buy: http://audicorporatepartner.ca/CE

Step 2: If it qualifies, join the club (about $CD$70). Use international member sign up: https://member.audiclubna.org/internati ... r/register

Welcome to the club!

Step 3: Email admn@audiclubna.org
- Your member number.
next business day, when your certificate email arrives, give it to your salesperson who will update your bill. DONE!

A3 / S3 / RS3 - $500
A5 / S5 / RS5 - $750
A6 - $1,000
A7 - $500
A8 - $1,000
Q5 / SQ5 - $500
Q7 - $1,000
Q8 - $250
Is this stackable with the EAP?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2439 posts
2403 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 4:01 pm

Welcome to the club!

Step 3: Email admn@audiclubna.org
- Your member number.

A3 / S3 / RS3 - $500
A5 / S5 / RS5 - $750
A6 - $1,000
A7 - $500
A8 - $1,000
Q5 / SQ5 - $500
Q7 - $1,000
Q8 - $250
Also the email provided bounces back for me. Perhaps a typo?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2439 posts
2403 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 4:13 pm
Not stackable.

You may not have your email set up. Works for me.
Ok, thanks. Just a polite FYI, this is the bounce I get:

"Your message to admn@audiclubna.org couldn't be delivered.

admn wasn't found at audiclubna.org, or the mailbox is unavailable.
"
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
4818 posts
922 upvotes
Ottawa
bya1998 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:29 am
- Is there any official info on the "Electrify Canada network"? Google comes up with nothing. Specifically, if I drive Ottawa to Montreal or Ottawa to Toronto, are there L3 chargers along the way now or being built?
Can't answer most of your question but there is a usable network of chargers between Ottawa-Montreal and Ottawa-Toronto. To see it, go to plugshare.com and specify the connector you want (CCS I believe for the e-tron). Note that although there are a few free L3s (e.g. IKEA) most do charge (seems like it's typically $17 for a charge). The other unknown is if the charging stations are operational, how fast they charge at (it's not uncommon to only get 25kWh even though standard and the car support much higher) and how busy they are (if the charging station is available when you arrive, it may not take too long to get back on the road but if there are 2 other cars ahead of you, you might be waiting several hours).
Jan 8, 2011
552 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Backlight wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:12 pm
You were able to order 2019's from the dealer ~5 months ago Not sure when this car is going to get released. Might need to look at an alternate vehicle soon.
Still no news from my dealer on 2019’s - anyone take delivery yet? The dealers must have no invertory if all the 19’s are stuck in Halifax.. Normally the next model year is released in ~Sept!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)