Automotive

Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 6:45 pm
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
Can anybody tell me what these blank buttons are for and what options they correspond to? I’ve seen them blank in every A5 including the Technik models.
Images
  • 14D8B55B-5CA0-4165-B8E1-74048E036B38.jpeg
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24542 posts
9461 upvotes
Toronto
Typical buttons

- drive select
- Start/Stop system
- Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC)
- Parking aid
- Switching the Infotainment system display on/off

Probably no more than those listed regardless of options / trims
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
We only use the ones in the pic for cars and one more for Q5/SQ5 which for hill descend. The rest are dummies, most likely for functions not offered in NA.
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:16 pm
We only use the ones in the pic for cars and one more for Q5/SQ5 which for hill descend. The rest are dummies, most likely for functions not offered in NA.
Ah ok thanks.
Nov 11, 2008
85 posts
4 upvotes
Help needed.

I live in Calgary and is looking for an Audi Q8 Techink package. What kind of discount am I to anticipate or even ask? I recently was able to get a new 2018 Audi Q7 with a great discount and I totally understand that the Q8 is new so the same discount probably won't apply. Thanks for helping in advance!
Jan 8, 2011
552 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
afretes wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:01 pm
Some 2019 vehicles have arrived; Q5, Q7. A5, S5 SB, S5 Coupe, etc.
Thanks - waiting on a S5 SB....

I’m really curious why some have been released and others not. Most models have similar powertrains, so emissions seem like an odd reason. S5 SB is also a carryover from 2018.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
theoneman101 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:36 am
What happens to the un-leased S5s at the end of the month?
Not that many left, 16 in the whole province and 10 fo those are int the GTA. If unsold, we register the, cash in the stackable for the month and the cars become demos/service loaners or we wait until they're eligible as CPO.
Nov 8, 2017
119 posts
35 upvotes
afretes wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 11:12 am
Not that many left, 16 in the whole province and 10 fo those are int the GTA. If unsold, we register the, cash in the stackable for the month and the cars become demos/service loaners or we wait until they're eligible as CPO.
Dealers are better off to sell them by the end of the month then.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4484 posts
659 upvotes
Caledon
theoneman101 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:20 pm
Dealers are better off to sell them by the end of the month then.
We'd like to sell every car by the end of the month. This is nothing new, we face the same every year. S5 SB's are easy to sell, our issue now are 2018 A6's, too many left.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3790 posts
1564 upvotes
Vancouver
Think any discounts can be had on any remaining inventory of 2018 RS3s on a lease? My local dealer still has 6 in stock...possibly thinking about trading in my Golf R...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24746 posts
5025 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:17 pm
Think any discounts can be had on any remaining inventory of 2018 RS3s on a lease? My local dealer still has 6 in stock...possibly thinking about trading in my Golf R...
Lease or finance (or cash) shouldn't matter, apart from any incentives from Audi which may differ depending on acquisition type. They will have to discount those if they want to sell them. Not like 2018 is the last year for the car and with the whole year being over and the cars sitting anywhere from a few months to over a year, they will need to get rid of them. Them hard-balling and not negotiating on them all year "because it's an RS" has clearly not paid off for them LOL.

That's a lot of the problem with these models when you compare them to the more "pedestrain" S models. You might think at first the price difference isn't that huge but then you realise negotiating on an S3 or S5 is easy but on the RS versions they basically tell you to pay MSRP or get out, the difference is a lot more. Furthermore IIRC discounts like supplier discount aren't even permitted on RS models (correct if mistaken), inflating their price even more. It's an amazing car but yeah they are usually too stubborn to budge on the pricing. Now's your chance to capitalise--go in, make an offer, ask for fair trade value and see what happens. Otherwise just walk out the door, tell them good luck keeping them until 2020 ;)

Another stupid part is Audi may well end up discontinuing the RS3 over here and cite poor sales. Well if they'd tell their stealers to actually sell the damn things instead of being greedy, maybe they would sell. You see CLA45 AMG all over the damn place and the RS3 is the better car, but when you say it's $65k and then you won't take a cent off the MSRP, who's going to buy it?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24542 posts
9461 upvotes
Toronto
Agree. Dealers treat RS cars as their trophy cars. If you don’t pay msrp, there are people lining up for them Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3790 posts
1564 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks guys! I'm in no rush, so I will sit on my Golf R and check in with them in a few months if they're still in stock and see if they're willing to bend :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)