Automotive

Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 7:21 pm
Jul 12, 2013
275 posts
184 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
Spongeboy wrote: Hi all, Just took delivery of a 2020 Audi Q3 today and have 2 questions I'm hoping to get help with from the collective braintrust in this thread. Thank-you all in advance!

1. Easy question first. Any recommendations for all-weather floor mats? I know WeatherTech is highly recommended but since this is only a 36 month lease I would prefer something a little less expensive but still decent.

2. While doing the obligatory walk-around inspection I noticed several black streaks on the body. Since it was raining both me and the Audi rep weren't going over anything with a microscope. The rep said it was just dirt and given the rain and grime from today's weather that seemed very reasonable. Still, I did make sure to rub all the large ones on the body of the vehicle with my fingers and they all came off.

Drove home and washed the car and now I see that the black spots on the wheel well are actually chips. Is it reasonable to ask for a touch-up pen/is this something they could even provide?

I'm not particularly upset as I understand these things happen. Just annoyed it's on Day 0, and wondering what would be a reasonable outcome to aim for.
Congrats on the new Q3!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1106 posts
672 upvotes
booblehead wrote: #2. Let the dealer fix it.

#1. Any mats from Costco or Cdn tires would be fine
Great call on Costco. Was 50% cheaper than CT for the same items + free shipping! Thank-you.

Will see how #2 plays out - fingers crossed.
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
I wouldn’t buy expensive mats if it’s a 3 years lease. I always ask them to throw in winter mats and use the factory ones.
Apr 11, 2009
676 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
We had winter mats when we got our Audi (picked up during early Dec) not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe it was included in the price somewhere in a line item :rolleyes: along with the USB cables that was also included
May 2, 2020
517 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
sandini_power wrote: We had winter mats when we got our Audi (picked up during early Dec) not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe it was included in the price somewhere in a line item :rolleyes: along with the USB cables that was also included
99% of the time you are paying for those somewhere in the deal and are being priced gouged to no eternity.

1% of the time. The Sales rep snips it out of his commission
Biggest hot takes on RFD

“Real Estate is a depreciating asset”
“Tech is a Ponzi Scheme”
“There is no housing shortage”
“Interest rates will go above 10%”
Apr 11, 2009
676 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Azmosis30 wrote: 99% of the time you are paying for those somewhere in the deal and are being priced gouged to no eternity.

1% of the time. The Sales rep snips it out of his commission
yea I thought so too since I was reading in the US like the cable was a separate line item the they/dealer charges
i was happy with the discount at that time so it's all good
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
You’re right, but I don’t see that they will discount it more even if I say no winter mats
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1436 posts
379 upvotes
Ottawa
Turns out we are not interested in the 2020 Q7 anymore. Any chance there are any new 2019 loaded Q7 Technik left in Ontario? And what kind of % should I be expecting? Based on Q7 forums which most members are down south, 20% is the min I should be expecting?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
Some are left, I have about 5 between both dealers. You won't get 20% off, we don't have that kind of mark up, and we aren't losing money. There's $8k cash from Audi and about $6k more or so as mark up, and we need to keep some. May promos expire Monday; cash and 1% rate reduction. We'll see what we get on June 2nd.
[removed external advertising links]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1106 posts
672 upvotes
Thinking of hardwiring a dash cam on a leased Q3 (2020). Anyone have experience doing this, or able to comment if this voids any warranties?

From what I understand, if I use a fuse tap there's no real way they can know if I swap the fuse back in before going in for any service (or if a problem has occurred).
But say I don't, will there be repercussions if the service tech notices?
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
Congratulations!! The walnut Beaufort looks amazing.
[removed external advertising links]
Mar 9, 2009
419 posts
243 upvotes
Hi @afretes

My salesman told me about a private sale event in November. Do you know what I can I expect?

TIA
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Spongeboy wrote: Thinking of hardwiring a dash cam on a leased Q3 (2020). Anyone have experience doing this, or able to comment if this voids any warranties?

From what I understand, if I use a fuse tap there's no real way they can know if I swap the fuse back in before going in for any service (or if a problem has occurred).
But say I don't, will there be repercussions if the service tech notices?
Most won't care unless/until there's an electric problem they can't figure out then they would probably blame it on the cam (or the install of that cam). I ended up putting one of those dash cam batteries in the back and just plugging it into the normal inverter plug so that I could just unplug it if I had issues or electrical problems. That's also an option (probably would be my preference on a lease not to do any hardwiring but that's just me).

Otherwise just make sure your installer is competent and it really shouldn't cause a problem if its installed properly.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
cakeing wrote: I found this 2018 Audi TT S-LINE COMPETITION on autoTRADER.ca's Android app and thought you might be interested: http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-46567829

What do you guys think of this? Is that a fair price for a 2018?
For a regular TT ... LOL. $50K now. brand new nearly 3 yrs ago was $56,000. No wonder this is kept as a trophy by the dealer still.
Mar 3, 2019
96 posts
41 upvotes
booblehead wrote: For a regular TT ... LOL. $50K now. brand new nearly 3 yrs ago was $56,000. No wonder this is kept as a trophy by the dealer still.
I was thinking 40k tbh, why r they keeping these for so long? I saw a few others too.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
If I value it as a full 2 yr old car, then $40K + taxes. Not more. Don't even try to load on with all kinds of fees onto it, even though it has never been driven. there may be things need to be checked over or changed out too before going on the road, esp. brakes and fluids

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Acerx89