Audi questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 7:21 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
redwings_patriots wrote: Assuming 1% residual value reduction each month (not sure if this is a good assumption) and no interest rate reduction and no Feb incentive, my monthly will go up 5%. I don't like it. Is there a way to game the system to get the most beneficial outcome?

I had 10x SD on my current SQ5. I deposited my monthly payment x 10 and received a 1.5% rate reduction.

Hard to say what Audi FS will do comes February. Typically, residual is adjusted once every couple of months. If not, then Audi FS will adjust slightly more the next time around. But to keep the payment $ relatively stable, they may introduce rate adjustment and/or factory credit. I guess you will have to wait and see. No dealers will guarantee the rate unfortunately as it is what it is on the month of delivery. The only protection is for you to write a condition into the agreement that you are entitled to any factory credit $ on month of delivery so that dealer does not steal that money from you.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
Your SA is correct, 9 SD is the max to lower the rate by 1.35%.

All you're really agreeing to when you order a car is the selling price, both rates and RV will change, and they may get better or worse. We usually drop the RV every couple of months.
[removed external advertising links]
Nov 18, 2019
502 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
Quick question - I am helping a family member get some winter tires for an 2020 Audi Q5 (based). The tires are 18" OEM.

I plan to get 17" for winter, with steel rims. Are there any space issues between the brake calipers and the steel rims?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
You won't find any steel rims that will fit the Q5, alloys only. And you can go down to 17".
Nov 9, 2020
3 posts
Hey guys! First time posting. Question: Got this quote for a 2020 Q7 on the lot (just came in from Halifax - can't wait for the 2021 to maybe eventually show up)
November Deal has 1.98% interest rate but residual is down to 44%
42 month lease, 25,000km
Total lease payment (including HST) per month is $1224.77
$75,900 for the car + $2400 on Driver Assistance Package - $3000 stackable cash - $3000 PAP program + Tire Coverage as I need this ($1,299) + Excess Wear Waiver ($1,314)
Random dealer fees = Phonebox ($400), Anti-theft ($199), Air Tax ($100), Mats ($185), Window Tint ($399), Admin Fee ($399), Freight/PDI ($2,295), Wheel Locks ($110)

Basically I'm ok to be paying a bit extra per month here and there (I just need a car for the new baby in the winter), but am I getting ripped off to the tune of like $200/$300 per month? Just wanted to get a ballpark idea.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
Are you in Ontario? I can't find that vehicle in anyone's inventory. Does is only have DAP and wireless phone charger?
What is the total upfront charge?
Nov 9, 2020
3 posts
Ontario - Just DAP and wireless phone charger.
Upfront just first month's payment $1224.77 + $51.50 PPSA
Nov 9, 2020
3 posts
There's also an Audi Sale Event Rate Reduction Fee for $300. Is that a thing or is it garbage?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
It's an ok deal. You're getting about 3.5% off the price of the vehicle. You should be able to get another 1% or even 1.5% more.

But I still can't see that Q7 in ON. What's the RV?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
gravisgravis wrote: There's also an Audi Sale Event Rate Reduction Fee for $300. Is that a thing or is it garbage?
It is a thing.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
How best to avoid anti theft fees, wheel locks, winter mats, and all that garbage? If we say no to the dealer, and if they disagree, we simply walk out. Right?

Anti theft such as VIN etching. Can dealerships also disclose admin fees?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
djemzine wrote: How best to avoid anti theft fees, wheel locks, winter mats, and all that garbage? If we say no to the dealer, and if they disagree, we simply walk out. Right?
In a blink of an eye. Audi dealers in the GTA are a dime a dozen. They have 0 leverage, you do. Use that to your advantage and just go to the next dealer to buy a car. Car salespeople are desperate, especially in today's times. I am ALL FOR a fair deal but if someone's telling you that these things are not optional and are forcing you to buy it, I'm thinking of a finger on my hand that I'd give...
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
djemzine wrote: How best to avoid anti theft fees, wheel locks, winter mats, and all that garbage? If we say no to the dealer, and if they disagree, we simply walk out. Right?

Anti theft such as VIN etching. Can dealerships also disclose admin fees?
Pretty sure the admin fees have to be disclosed, though this may depend on the province. I can't see how they can hide them given the manufacturer publishes the MSRP, though they may get away with hiding it in prices of accessories and add-ons.

But that's the thing anyway they can easily hide anything in a car deal because you never really know what is what--it's a game you play. You can walk in and boast about how unless you don't pay freight/PDI you're leaving and there is more than likely a dealer out there that will oblige. But, just because they are crediting you back the freight and or PDI charges as a discount, still doesn't mean you're getting the best deal. Another guy can walk in still pay the frt/PDI and walk out with a better deal than you did on the exact same car.

Getting the admin fee nixed is an easy one, but again just because you're not paying admin on paper, doesn't mean they aren't charging you more (or discounting less) elsewhere. This is why you always see mentioned here and elsewhere you always need to focus on the bottom line--the OTR or OTD price--not what you're paying and not paying as a line on the bill of sale.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: In a blink of an eye. Audi dealers in the GTA are a dime a dozen. They have 0 leverage, you do. Use that to your advantage and just go to the next dealer to buy a car. Car salespeople are desperate, especially in today's times. I am ALL FOR a fair deal but if someone's telling you that these things are not optional and are forcing you to buy it, I'm thinking of a finger on my hand that I'd give...
Yeah I was not impressed at all with Audi Midtown earlier this evening. I saw the quote which included those fees. I was like "WOW". $195 for winter mats lol.

No discounts offered, but mind you we did not walk in with the Unhaggle report. Also, we have a lease vehicle for trade in, and the dealer or sales rep did not offer a proper trade in value. All they did was to cancel out the trade in. Example if the leased vehicle we are trading in has a buyout of $20,000 + $600 admin fee. The trade in value they are giving is the same.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
You should see if someone wants to assume your lease that way you can negotiate with Audi with one less thing working against you. You can be sure that if they are going to cooperate with getting you out of your existing leased vehicle, especially if not an Audi, you're not getting as big a discount on the new vehicle as you would get otherwise.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Yeah I was not impressed at all with Audi Midtown earlier this evening. I saw the quote which included those fees. I was like "WOW". $195 for winter mats lol.

No discounts offered, but mind you we did not walk in with the Unhaggle report. Also, we have a lease vehicle for trade in, and the dealer or sales rep did not offer a proper trade in value. All they did was to cancel out the trade in. Example if the leased vehicle we are trading in has a buyout of $20,000 + $600 admin fee. The trade in value they are giving is the same.
I'll send you a PM with a contact. He's much better to deal with. Many RFDers have gone to him.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: I'll send you a PM with a contact. He's much better to deal with. Many RFDers have gone to him.
Thanks. We are also looking at the 2018 to 2019 Q3 Technik if not much has changed for the 2020 year model. Or the 2018 to 2019 A3 Technik vs the 2020 model. A family member would prefer if they came with the advanced driver package with the pre-collision feature, advanced braking, lane assist, etc.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Thanks. We are also looking at the 2018 to 2019 Q3 Technik if not much has changed for the 2020 year model. Or the 2018 to 2019 A3 Technik vs the 2020 model. A family member would prefer if they came with the advanced driver package with the pre-collision feature, advanced braking, lane assist, etc.
So here is where I would urge some caution.

It is worth figuring out exactly what the out the door price is (minus dealer margin) for a 2020 model (if they still have one on the lot) because Audi has a bunch of new car incentives and you may be applicable for some additional stackable ones (car allowance through work, or being a member of a professional association). Sometimes it may work out better than a lightly used used car. Anyway the person I referred you to can sell old and new Audis at that dealership so probably worth a 30 second email :-)
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm currently looking at a 2018 Audi Q7 Progressiv, clean Carfax, 50k km overall it's in very good shape. What is a good price to offer? It's listed at $50k but seems to be priced higher than others. Thoughts?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)