2 posts
96 upvotes

Audible - Neil Peart Audio Books are free

Deal Link:
Price:
$0
Retailer:
audible.ca
This morning I was looking for a Neil Peart book that I had once read called 'The Masked Rider', about his bicycle trip through west Africa (yes, that Neil Peart, recently deceased drummer for RUSH). I was surprised to find that on audible ALL of his audio books are free [Audible-Neil Peart] . I have no idea if they have always been priced at $0, I see no mention of it being a special thing because of his recent death, or if the price will be increased at some point. I say get them while you can, the book I read was enjoyable, a thoughtful, at times blunt retelling of his adventure in Africa. I expect his further writings from a 2-wheeled (motorized) perspective will be just as enlightening.
29 replies
Apr 5, 2018
48 posts
590 upvotes
Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road

"This bold narrative written by the drummer and lyricist for the band Rush shows how Peart tried to stay alive by staying on the move after the loss of his 19-year-old daughter and his wife. The book will be sold as part of the band's official merchandise during its 47-city American tour. 20 photos. 15 maps."

That one looks really good. Thanks op!
Sep 12, 2006
370 posts
22 upvotes
Brantford
In light of Neil Peart’s passing, and in honor of his life and contributions to the world of audio, Audible is offering this work at no cost* through January 28th, 2020.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
2091 posts
197 upvotes
The story behind his books. What a great talent we lost, R.I.P.

Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1003 posts
321 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Thanks, I have been thinking since the announcement I should read Ghost Rider! Will get them all.
#melnykout
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1162 posts
3107 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Best drummer ever. By far
What's in your wallet?
Jul 6, 2002
118 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Have and read all of his books. Audible version at zero cost, fantastic. RIP Bubba
Jun 5, 2010
459 posts
474 upvotes
Ottawa
OK - is this just a ploy to get us all hooked on the Audible app? I was hoping for mp3 downloads. I use an old mp3 player for audio books.
c as in cue, comma, caret, czar, cymbal
May 8, 2018
18 posts
4 upvotes
Stupid question... but how do I actually download it? When I click on it, I only have a link to sample it or add to wish list
Jan 25, 2006
649 posts
86 upvotes
Nova Scotia
baldrick_ca wrote: OK - is this just a ploy to get us all hooked on the Audible app? I was hoping for mp3 downloads. I use an old mp3 player for audio books.
Ploy or not its worth getting a trial membership and downloading his books. If you really are stuck on MP3 google "openaudible" which will convert your books to MP3.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5860 posts
2211 upvotes
Aurora
StavrosR58858 wrote: Stupid question... but how do I actually download it? When I click on it, I only have a link to sample it or add to wish list
It looks fine to me. This is from my Audible app, signed on to audible.ca after searching for the author "Neil Peart" in the store:
Screenshot_20200115-093044.jpg
Screenshot_20200115-093101.jpg
Screenshot_20200115-093117.jpg
Oct 25, 2016
39 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks. Picked up all the free titles. I haven't read any of his books but love their music.