Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Audible.com

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing- free

Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
althetrainer wrote: LOL Free is good but I can't imagine myself reading or listening to this book. I am SO the opposite of her! Don't think I have the patience to fold clothes like that and I like to roll my socks into balls, fast and easy. Most importantly, my socks stop disappearing into the black hole. Telling your socks that you love them is just a big too much. :lol:
It's a pretty short book...still worth listening to if you have any inclination to reduce the amount of stuff in your home. She does give a lot of folding tips but it's not entirely about neatly stacking every item you own. I got rid of a lot of excess junk but couldn't be bothered to perfectly fold my remaining clothes...then arrange by size, material, colour, etc. Ain't nobody got time for that. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
thanks OP. downloaded.

pros: got my first audible book.
learned how audible works (I think)

cons: after listening to it for 45 minutes on the drive home, almost fell alseep and crashed. how do people stay awake through this...? Honestly it felt like she repeated the same thing for 45 minutes. It could have been summarized in 3.
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
ambujakshi wrote: Just to be sure so that I don't get charged - I clicked on OPs link, logged in using my existing amazon.Com account, used the promo code. I saw 30 day audible trial in the cart as well, which I removed. I also removed my amazon visa card from the account so that they don't charge me.

Is my audible account terminated after 30 day trial ?

Will I be able to listen to the audio book after 30 days?
I just entered the promo code and got the book added automatically.
I don't think it even signed me up for the 30 day trial.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
sn00ch wrote: It's a pretty short book...still worth listening to if you have any inclination to reduce the amount of stuff in your home. She does give a lot of folding tips but it's not entirely about neatly stacking every item you own. I got rid of a lot of excess junk but couldn't be bothered to perfectly fold my remaining clothes...then arrange by size, material, colour, etc. Ain't nobody got time for that. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I am not sure if I can do what she suggested. I listened to the sample piece - the first thing you needed to do was to get rid of your stuff and that you had to organize everything in a very short time. I know that's a quick and painful approach but don't think I am ready for it. :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, already had an ongoing 2 month free membership, picked up this title for free.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
another way to declutter - move often. You'll be amazed at how much stuff you really don't need.

protip - storage lockers are for suckers yet it is huge growth industry 'cause people can't bring themselves to throw stuff out.

http://business.financialpost.com/inves ... s-in-store

"Analyst Johann Rodrigues noted that U.S. self-storage has been the best-performing asset class over the past five, 10 and 20 years."
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Nov 29, 2011
489 posts
400 upvotes
CALGARY
Bought the book, read the book, ended up throwing the book away because of the book. I feel complete.
Jul 10, 2012
96 posts
39 upvotes
don't forget to check your local library for audiobooks too. support local, and safer than going past the trial period.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
This book is clutter.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2010
1072 posts
306 upvotes
Thanks! going to get it at home tonight! (can't open at work lol)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
canadiankorean wrote: I just entered the promo code and got the book added automatically.
I don't think it even signed me up for the 30 day trial.
i don't remember signing up for anything either. Just entered the code and it said "free". I didn't even go through a shopping cart.
Nov 17, 2006
459 posts
736 upvotes
Get the following error "Sorry, it looks like you've already taken advantage of this offer. If you think we've made a mistake, please contact customer care."

Edit: never mind, even though I got the error, it still showed up in my audible library
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
498 upvotes
Get the following error "Sorry, it looks like you've already taken advantage of this offer. If you think we've made a mistake, please contact customer care."

Edit: never mind, even though I got the error, it still showed up in my audible library
it happened to me too. i chatted with the CSR for like 10 minutes who told me it's in my library already.. lol.
Feb 7, 2010
56 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you OP. Been meaning to read this book. Now I can simply listen to it. My fiance would love this too.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
Anyone else reminded of playing portal while listening to this?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Ironically I was looking at this book at Costco today for $12.00

Thanked.
I am not good at visualizing space from an audiobook. :)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I am not good at visualizing space from an audiobook. :)
You could if it was on cassette or CD...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)